main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Only if you have a thin skin like Donald Trump. In this case, Bruce Banner has a thicker skin. Being insulted doesn't trigger a transformation anymore than being in a traffic jam. But at the same time, he doesn't get into a traffic jam. Or ride the subway. He avoids provoking those feelings as noted. But he can let enough anger take hold and raise his heart rate to the point of changing. When it's painful as Todd noted, it is only because he's resisting the change, which just increases the anger and makes the Hulk more volatile.

And if you're going to argue that's not how emotions work, neither does being bombarded by gamma rays turn you into a big, green monster of rage.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    A few years ago, the internet, as it’s wont to do, threw a hissy fit when Donald Glover wasn’t picked to play Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man. But things turned out pretty well for him. For one thing, Marc Webb’s reboot and its sequel, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, weren’t very good. Also, Glover ended up voicing Miles Morales in Disney’s Ultimate Spider-Man, and he was cast in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming, and he created and stars in one of the most critically-admired shows on television, and he released the Billboard 200-charting “Awaken, My Love!”, and he’s playing Lando Freakin’ Calrissian in the Han Solo spinoff movie. Everything’s coming up Glover.

But he’s just getting started.

FXX announced today that Donald and his younger brother Stephen Glover (who produces Atlanta) will serve as showrunners, executive producers, and writers for an animated series based on Deadpool. The still-untitled show, a partnership between Marvel Television, FX Productions, and ABC Signature Studios, will debut for a 10-episode season sometime in 2018.

“Donald Glover is an incredibly gifted and versatile artist who’ll bring the untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series to life with the same intense, singular vision as his breakout hit Atlanta,” said Nick Grad, FX’s co-president of original programming, in a statement. “With the success of Legion, we’re looking forward to again partnering with Marvel Television to create a series that is bold, striking, and entirely original.” Making it animated is a solid beginning.

If anyone can find a use for the invisible car from Atlanta, it’s Deadpool.

http://uproxx.com/tv/deadpool-show-fxx-donald-glover/

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Excellent. After being disappointed with Ultimate Spider-Man's Deadpool episode (especially compared to Hulk vs Wolverine) I'm glad he's getting another animated shot.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    With Marvel and Fox suddenly playing nice to get (3!) TV series off the ground in about a year or so, methinks that Marvel/Disney is letting Fox play the TV game with the X-verse moreso then Fox probably gave them something back. Maybe the Fantastic Four? Hopefully the FF.

5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Animated Deadpool on FX makes perfect sense.

6. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Or it's just from the fallout between Kevin Feige and Ike Perlmutter.

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    That's possible as well but, the way it breaks down now, is Feige is totally in charge of the movies and Ike oversees everything else Marvel, which includes TV, so that might be on his side. There was/is a Marvel "story group" that had comic guys like Brian Michael Bendis and Joe Quesada who had input on the movies and, while that does still exist, it isn't as influential as it was before.

here's the hollywood reporter article on when the split first happened:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-civil-war-why-kevin-820147

Sources say the budget on Civil War ballooned accordingly, which didn't sit well with the famously frugal Perlmutter. "New York wanted to scale it down," says one insider. Marvel and Disney declined to comment.
    "New York" in this case wasn't just Perlmutter, 72. It was also Marvel's so-called "creative committee," a group of execs from Marvel's various divisions including publishing as well as Alan Fine, Perlmutter's right-hand man. The collective has been around since nearly the inception of Marvel Studios in the mid-2000s, offering critiques of creative choices as well as input on business decisions. Insiders say that with Feige breaking free of Perlmutter and the New York side of the company the committee will not be disbanded, but its influence over the Marvel movies will be nominal at best.
    The reorganization does not affect Marvel's television unit, which has enjoyed far less success than the film operation but does have several series on the air, including Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter on ABC andDaredevil on Netflix. The TV arm still reports to Perlmutter and the committee. Publisher Dan Buckley and chief creative officer Joe Quesada are among those who will remain on the committee for continuity purposes as some coordination and cooperation is required for Marvel's film, TV, comic book and merchandising arms to capitalize on projects and events.
    "New York had a big say for a long time, but hasn't Kevin earned the right to some autonomy? He's made the company billions. Why is he reporting to a 72-year-old man who doesn't make movies?" asks one insider.
    Sources say Feige, 42, contemplated leaving Marvel — certainly, he might be the industry's single most employable executive — before Disney CEO Bob Iger approved a reorganization that sees Feige reporting to Horn.

Anyhoo, in slightly more current Marvel analysis, Hollywood Reporter has an interesting tack that one of the secrets of Marvel's still going longevity is shifting a focus of subplots from romantic entanglements to "family" entanglements (which Civil War and Guardians have a lot of)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/guardians-galaxy-2-shift-redefining-marvel-1000917

8. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I don't think Mark Ruffalo is bad... but everytime I see him all I can think of is how awesome Edward Norton is and that it sucks he's not in the films anymore

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Asgardian armor?

Way at the bottom is a pic RDJ put up on Facebook. It is not an official concept picture but the article points out that Stark has had Asgardian enhancements in the comics.

BigAl6ft6 and Master_Lok like this.
  10. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Oh, why not?

Looks pretty cool and should an actual Asgardian Iron Man suit come to pass, I bet it will look amazing.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    From the MTV Movie/TV Awards last week:

[​IMG]

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I like the reactions in the crowd more than the sporting of Wolvie's claws.

BigAl6ft6 and Ghost like this.
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The look on the girl in the red dress's face in the lower right corner in particular.

It's either total confusion or utter wonder. I can't decide.

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  15. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Stuff like this increasingly makes me think that standalone movies that focus on a good story with a character are the better way to go when it comes to these movies.

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    "When New York City is ashes, then you have our permission to die."

17. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017

If this has been here before, That is because I am too lazy to dig through old posts.

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
  19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

LOL that is such a riff on Steve Jobs. I'd also like to see the MCU versions of movies and news broadcasts.

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    There is actually a MCU news channel on YouTube callled WHiH Newsfront: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtJkDqZzoOFYbqwOIFn2Lng

The anchor news reporter is Christine Everhart ( portrayed by Leslie Bibb) from Iron Man and Iron Man 2.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, they were effectively the One-Shots for those two releases. Hopefully they'll do a third series next year when we start to get more earthbound-related events.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I would like to see a third series just based on the aftermath of Civil War. Cap and his team are fugitives, and if it's anything like the comic books, Stark may have started his Initiative. Maybe some of this will be touch upon in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm so happy that Spidey is party of the MCU. It just makes sense.

The trailer was more focused on Peter than Tony, as it should be. And I don't feel the trailer gave too much of the plot away, but I feel Spidey has too much Stark tech. Probably by the end of the film, Peter will discover that he doesn't need the tech as there will be a stretch were he won't have it.

MrMojoRisin likes this.
  25. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i like spidey having tech, just not wild about Stark giving him all of it.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.