main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "The tech was inside you the whole time Peter!"

BigAl6ft6 and MrMojoRisin like this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have seen more than half of Iron Fist and I like what I see. It’s my first marvel TV-series and I have only three complains: Danny should dress in green not black; I think that most of the mooks we see him face (that are not from Hand or similar) chould not be as big a challenge for him as the TV-series present. He is the Iron Fist they should be one hit KO for him; and last do I not like that they used Bride of Nine Spiders as a simple one episode midlevel boss, she’s a living weapon she deserve to be at least the final boss of a midseason ark.

MrMojoRisin likes this.
  3. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I finally got to see Doctor Strange today. The time manipulation was great, both the initial use with the book and the big showdown at the end. The post credits scenes were also great. I continue to enjoy what Marvel puts out.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    MARVEL TV ASSEMBLES IN NEW IMAGE: AGENTS OF SHIELD MEETS DEFENDERS

[​IMG]

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    For a TV crossover to happen, there would have to be an agreement with the networks who air the shows, so ABC would have to chat with Netflix (which is a tad odd considering there's an ABC logo on every Netflix Marvel show), Freeform with Hulu, etc. So, even though all owned by The Mouse, still there is red tape!

However, getting the TV shows to cross network platforms would be a big step in Loeb's "It's All Connected" refrain since the movie side seems to have no interest in bring in TV-sourced stuff.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Nicely imitating the commonly sold street art piece:

[​IMG]

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    One-Shots may be coming back!!

“I want to do a short. That’s what I want to do. I want to do a 20-minute short with me and [Ant-Man star] Paul Rudd… I think they are planning on doing [one-shot shorts] again. I probably just spoiled a big spoiler. [Marvel Studios president] Kevin Feige’s probably going to be furious.”

Holland’s inability to keep secrets is partly why it has been revealed during recent press rounds that he’s not been allowed to read the “Avengers: Infinity War” screenplay beyond the scenes he’s doing.

8. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    That would be cool.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I feel like this is begging for one of those meme squares where it's like "Thank you for things to look forward to" with the "Not you" over the middle square of The Inhumans...

11. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Wonder Woman and Spider-Man Homecoming have very similar Metacritic/RT scores. 76/73, 92%/93% respectively. I'll give Spider-Man the edge in global box office.

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'd think Homecoming would gross more both domestically and internationally than Wonder Woman, even though I have yet to see Homecoming. I think Civil War and some of the promo materials for Spidey has reinvigorated the fandom for cinematic version of the character. And of course, there's Iron Man, hot Aunt May, Tom Holland and some never seen before Spidey cinematic characters.

I think Homecoming will also top Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 at the overall box office.

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I actually forgot it was already opening. I'm as apathetic about Homecoming as I've been about any Marvel movie. No, wait, more so actually. I'll probably end up seeing it in theaters at some point, but it's pretty low down on my priority list at the moment; I can't even think about it until I've gotten Baby Driver, The Beguiled & The Bad Batch out of the way. The only thing I'm genuinely looking forward to is catching up with Tony Stark. I want to see how he's dealt with the emotional fallout of Civil War. And I'm always interested in a Michael Keaton performance. Past that, I'm just not getting any excitement off of this one.

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

Completely agree. I'm glad it's doing well critically for the genre, and I'm sure it will do well at the box office. Michael Keaton is awesome.

I have no desire or intent to go see this movie.

16. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Same here. At this point, I'm far more interested in Black Panther and Thor: Ragnarok.

heels1785 likes this.
  17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Definitely Ragnarok for me, as well. I'm curious about BP and the next Avengers film - look forward to more trailers, etc.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, after the duo of Amazing Spider-Man films, I'm looking forward to Homecoming to wash away the bitter taste of those films. Additionally, I like that Homecoming was inspired by John Hughes' films and from what I understand, it delivers on that.

Moreover, I heard reports/rumors that this iteration of Spider-Man may take on the Iron Man role of the MCU after Infinity War.

And big cheers to not having to see Uncle Ben being killed again.

19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm all kinds of excited to see Spider-man: Homecoming tonight - my favorite character finally getting his own movie in the MCU!

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    He was in Civil War. You should check it out!

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I wanted to see Homecoming tonight, but my wife wasn't available, so we'll be seeing it on Saturday.

22. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Oh you know what I meant.

Diggy likes this.
  23. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Really? The only thing I'm looking forward to more is Star Wars 8. Of course, Spider-Man is my most favorite superhero of all and I did really like the characters we got to see in Civil War, so that would shift priorities somewhat.

24. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Considering IMO there has not been a good Spider-Man film since 2004, I can't wait to see Homecoming. Loved him in Civil War. Finally the dark days should be behind us.

25. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I'm not A big Spider-Man fan but my nephew really wants to see It so I will probably take him to see it! I cant wait for Black Panther that looks all kinds of Awesomeness!