main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

Whatever X3's sins were, bad continuity wasn't one of them. The use of Phoenix was consistent with what the series had already established and pretty much all the continuity glitches are because later movies ignored it.

PCCViking likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The entire promise of X3's use of the Phoenix was created by the firebird in the last frames of X2. And X3 completely ignored it. So, yeah, that's significant.

It caused a deep and unyielding grudge, at the very least. :)

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I blame Singer for it all. He shouldn't have ditched the franchise at such a high point only to do his little Donner Superman love letter. Look how well that turned out. X3 could've been he beginning of a much better Phoenix saga. and I say beginning because cramming such a huge story in just a two hour movie seems like a really bad idea.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's Fox's fault, not Singer's. Singer wanted to do a movie about a character he loved and then wanted to do X3 afterwards. Fox didn't want to wait and then rushed X3 to make sure it came out first.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Who said anything about squinting? Just ignore it. You'll find yourself feeling much better.

[​IMG]

Ah, you're that type of fan. I know that type of fan. Don't be that type of fan. :p

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Brief (partial?) international Runaways promo:

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I remember on Friday, the statue of the villains were still wraps, both literally and figuratively with this image:

[​IMG]

The first thought be many members of the internet was that it was the Fantastic Four. I so wish it was the case, but it was only the villains.

Supposedly, these villains go back to 1973 IIRC, but really made a splash in 2013 with the Avengers story arc, "Infinity" which was a ready good read. I'd figure these villains would be part of the film.

I thought I was going to see some leaked footage, but I got Rickrolled.

However, the descriptions of the trailer sounds like some amazing footage was dished out at D23. And this is probably only the tip of the iceberg for MCU news, as SDCC is only days away.

We'll probably get the first Infinity War trailer with Thor: Ragnarok and a full trailer for Black Panther sooner.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'd say they did as much groundwork in Apocalypse for establishing the Phoenix as they did in X2. Which is not much at all aside from "Jean has freaky flamebird powers". Heck, I'd say Apocalypse delved into a bit more wherein it sort of randomly happens in X2. (But I also think that's why X2 Jean Goes Phoenix works so well because she clearly doesn't know what is going on. Apocalypse they seem to at least be aware of it inasmuch "If it gets out = bad.")

11. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Studio rights aside, if Marvel ever does a Namor movie it will be after Aquaman, live action Little Mermaid, and Avatar underwater sequels.

Master_Lok and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

Oooh, the little "Showcase" logo indicates where Runaways is going to air on Canadian TV. Showcase! Yay for a channel I have. Boo because it would have been easier if they put it on Netflix Canada. Maybe that's where Cloak and Dagger will land as well (It already airs Supergirl)

http://www.corusent.com/properties/showcase-runaways/

13. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    but Namor has a lot of great things going for him; especially his personality (which Aquaman adopted in the 90s.) I hope to see Namor in the Marvel movie-U unchanged in that regard. He's such a delightful jerk.

14. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Oh, I agree. I'm just saying that by the time Marvel makes a Namor film, the technology will be out there already.

So there's no excuse not to do one. No limitations (aside from rights issues)

Master_Lok likes this.
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It would interesting to see what the MCU would do with Namor should they bring him in; especially since in more recent years, he has been flirting and/or cavorting with Sue Storm and Emma Frost. However, he did have a grudge with Black Panther which was put aside in Secret Wars 2.

16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

From what I read, he hit on Sue a lot prior to more recent incarnations. :p I would rather he not have the grudge with Black Panther though.

cerealbox - I knew you meant technology. Pardon my cheerleading as to why the Marvel Cinematic U needs a real jerk, and not just a wiseass or reformed one. :p Atlantis would look gorgeous though.

cerealbox likes this.
  17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Namor's been trying to bed Sue since the 60's. So, yeah, it's been an ongoing deal.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That only makes me want the Fantastic Four to have it's own homecoming into the MCU. There are so many characters to play off of each other, not to mention a meta meeting between Captain America and the Human Torch. And of course, Dr. Doom and Silver Surfer entering into the MCU along with all the other characters linked to the F4 movie fights, would be gold.

If Fox is unwilling to give up the rights to F4, I'm wanting Disney to buy the rights back. I'm sure Disney would get their money back plus ten fold as when Disney bought Marvel for $4 billion, and has earned over $12 billion at the box office alone, which does not include earnings from the TV shows, comic books, toys, clothes and merch and other licening of their IP.

BigAl6ft6 and Master_Lok like this.
  19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

I like this, if only to have Hickman's F4 manifest in the Marvel Cinematic U somewhere.

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    You know Kevin Feige would do right by the Fantastic Four, so he'd take the best elements of Hickman and Lee/Kirby and so on so fans get the F4 that Fox couldn't put on screen.

I'm expecting Ms. ERRRRRRRRR Captain Marvel to be in Infinity War. I mean, they announced the casting last year, I would think she would appear in one of the upcoming films before here solo flick.

21. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Feige has sort of hinted that they won't reboot the MCU until at least 2028.

So that's 11 more years they could get the Fantastic Four and integrate it into the MCU.

Or they may just wait until 2029, reboot the MCU and have the F4 be the first film. Like the comics.

22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    That would be a nice synergy.

cerealbox likes this.
  23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    What I like here is that Brolin says Thanos is smart and it's a smart movie.

Master_Lok likes this.
  24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    He's smiling a lot. That's a great sign. I am happy that he rebounded from Jonah Hex, but I've always liked Josh anyway.

and potentially
    throwing a planet?!?
    Oh, yes please.

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Marvel will get the FF back if Fox lets it lapse like Daredevil. considering the festering rage boiling from their last FF attempt, I get the feeling they might actually just let it go. Fox seems to be doing perfectly alright spinning off it's X-Men universe, they probably don't need FF.

While I'm actually perfectly okay if Fox keeps doing X-Men stuff, because I've been a big fan and the X-Men are sort of "off to the side" with most large Marvel interactions. also the X-Men roster is so freakin' huge it can basically be it's own universe anyway (But I would love to see Magneto Vs The Avengers). But Marvel / Disney would benefit oh so much by having the FF in the fold