main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Like the guy in Iron Man 2?

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So IGN gave Inhumans a 4.

Ouch

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    "I’d like to point out that that test pilot survived. "

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

you, dp, ssp, true sith, and al are still okay with that number in our bet of o/u metacritic score of 3/30.

although ign is generally quite kind to marvel, so if they gave it a 4, it may actually be a 2.

regardless, lol @ marvel.

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Just remember, I had it at 33 - 37% (which is still the over but terrible)!

heels1785 likes this.
  7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    As in, Justin Hammer's test pilot? Or IGN's test audience?

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I didn't know it was a metacritic score. I assumed we were talking about Rotten Tomatoes, where I thought it was score over 50.

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    hahha, yeah, let's just assume it was totally that guy.

10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't remember, but you're probably right.

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    So having seen all of the Defenders and the IMAX Inhumans pilot 2-parter I am officially back on the "I've seen every released live action piece of MCU" train. Phew! That was a scary 2 weeks!

12. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I've on everything except Inhumans. How would you rate it?

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Iger confirms that Marvel movies will be moving to the Disney streaming platform.

Though not mentioned here, presumably the Netflix shows will stay given that they were produced with Netflix and the same would presumably go for the Hulu show as well.

I'm more curious about where the ABC shows will go- i could see new ones going to the Disney platform, but what about SHIELD? It already has 4 seasons on there. I mean, i know there's still another couple years before this happens but still. With the lack of US BD sets, they're making it harder and harder to access their content.

But then maybe they'll finally put Agent Carter and Tron Uprising up for streaming at least...

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    My name's Paul and that's between y'all, cuz Netflix Canada and CraveTV our the homes for Marvel content. AoS isn't on Netflix but on CraveTV, bunch of Marvel movies are on Netflix. And Disney isn't launching it's streaming service here so yay us.

It has potential and there is some nifty moments in the pilot. Very heavy on Marvel magic rules, may be incomprehensible to newbies and/or if you haven't seen Agents of SHIELD. I quite like the cast for Maximus, Karnak, Crystal and Black Bolt (and Lockjaw makes any scene better even if he just pants, looks cute and teleports). But probably the weakest Marvel TV pilot so far, whole lot of chat (it IS a pilot episode) and written by Scott Buck who did Iron Fist so it's kind of simple dialogue. but only 1 (or is it 2?) episodes in and already the "family power struggle" dynamic is pulled off much better here than in Iron Fist.

Looks way better in (Digital) IMAX for how purty the cameras make things look (however some TeeVee budget constraints pop more) but definitely going to lose some of that pizzazz on the telly.

cerealbox likes this.
  15. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Almost certainly Agents of SHIELD will be removed from Netflix and ported exclusively to the new platform.

The "Defendersverse" is an interesting conundrum, though. You're right--because they're Netflix exclusives, Marvel won't remove those for the new streaming service even if they wanted. But because they'll want to focus more on that new service, it wouldn't surprise me if the 5-6 series Marvel Netflix series end up falling by the wayside--or even end up cancelled altogether.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm pretty sure Netflix probably throws cash at the Defenders shows as well, Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter and Inhumans are all ABC / Marvel / Disney money that moves in a giant suit from pocket to pocket. So if any shows are co-productions with different networks (Fox has Legion and The Gifted, for example. And whoever is putting up the dough for Cloak and Dagger, New Mutants and Runaways) so I would figure they would let those shows run their course based upon what network is putting them on, tossing in cash.

17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Based on how terrible many of the Defenders/Inhumans sub-components are and how terrible many Netflix originals or licensed films tend to be, I imagine they will stay on Netflix. It is a good alignment of quality and expectations.

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    0% for Inhumans so far. It's as good as Police Academy 3-7!

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Police Academy 5 was still pretty good after The Gute left.

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Bleh, whenever something hits a 0%-15% on Rotten Tomatoes it basically starts being dogpile "who can say the nastiest thing" mentality. The Clone Wars movie (another theatrically released pilot) has an 18% on RT fer crissakes, it ain't nowhere near that bad. Especially considering the flat-out critical raves the show went on to get.

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

A Pilot episode isn't always the same as the later series. Some pilots were terrible and the show came around later... Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a good example of this...

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think they'll get cancelled unless Netflix chooses to- Marvel TV seems to be spreading things out to multiple platforms and isn't likely to stop.

Plus it's smart business for them- no matter if you have Netflix, Hulu or the mothership platform, you'll have access to Marvel content promoting the films and potentially incentivizing you to sign up for the mothership for more.

It's all about Police Academy 4-6.

True but, as pointed out above, the raves were about the series not the film, which I think most people would prefer to skip as an introduction to the series if they could (and you kinda still can).

23. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    High expectations for the new show from the creators of Iron Fist.

24. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    I first saw the movie on video and knowing that it was not well-liked in theaters. It was better than I was expecting it would be (I wonder if it would've had a better reception as a TV movie instead of a theatrical one). However, I think that the TV show went on to be a lot better.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    It's doubtful that I'll feel the impact of most of the Marvel properties moving from Netflix to Disney's own streaming service because I pretty much own the MCU films on blu ray and/or on digital. And I haven't watched any of the TV episodes more than once because I find once is enough. So this news makes me happy that I invested in owning a copy of the movies. It's an old school way of thinking.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.