main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    We need Lockjaw to teleport Karnak and Maximus over to Agents of SHIELD. Hell, maybe that's out they get outta space, Dues Ex Lockjaw.

The other best random suggestion I saw on the Internets was Jessica Jones adopts Lockjaw. Oddly, I can see that totally working. Irritated private investigator drunk and a teleporting dog. That's a sitcom right there, yo.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The question really becomes now is, how much of any Inhumans/AOS crossover was contracted/planned/plotted/produced before the ratings for Inhumans hit? Might still happen if they were too far along to abandon the idea.

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I think it was probably planned early enough, which would explain Disney intervening on Marvel's behalf to keep AOS on for at least one more season.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Disney wants ABC to have a basically at least 20 weeks of Marvel IP advertising on their network and ABC has stuck with it but putting their Marvel content on late Friday night slots. I would wager Disney wanted another AoS season to push it to 100 episodes (which is still a thing, oddly, even though the show is already streaming and in syndication) so I'd guess in the next few months we'll hear ABC developing another Marvel project to possibly take AoS place.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wish that The Other (Thanos's hooded servant) wasn't killed off so quickly. I thought there would be a reveal of his identity and that he would be the main villain of Avengers 2, paving the way for Thanos.

6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I just hope they recast Anson Mount as someone else.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    that's the good stuff.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    So, we now have two Sherlocks and two Watsons. I'm just dying for an outtake for Infinity War for someone to say to Iron Man and Doctor Strange, "No (blank), Sherlock." :p

10. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Nice to see Jude in the Marvel U, wish the cast and crew well.

11. JediCebara

JediCebara Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 21, 2017
    Iron Man sucks

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    You’re right!

Alpha-Red, PCCViking and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  13. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
  14. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I'm struggling with Gifted and Inhumans , its all more of the same .

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I just started The Gifted- I thought the first two episodes were pretty strong. A solid X-Men tone, not afraid to use powers like Inhumans, manages to keep the family drama grounded and avoid the CW/DC Family Channel tone.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Photo of the MCU timeline:

[​IMG]

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Pretty good spread- a little easier to read a lower resolutions than mine too. Though they have AOS S3 1-16 in the wrong place (it has to be set before the start of DDS2 (or just after the start), given the gang war news scroll and the literal amount of hours that take place between AOS seasons.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Marvel Studios Has Plans For 20 “Completely Different” Films After Avengers 4

That comment about there being a finale really piqued my interest as it seems to be inline with the contractual obligations of key actors like Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans and others. So, it will probably be bitter sweet having these actors and characters have a fulfill story arcs and have closure. I'd personally like some time to recast the roles of Tony Stark and Captain America after the departure of RDJ and Evans.

Master_Lok likes this.
  19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Recasting those roles at any point seems to lessen the apparent desired impact of that "finale" idea, especially if they intend to stand by this part: “There will be two distinct periods. Everything before Avengers 4 and everything after."

On the other hand, another 20 movies in the MCU after the 22 they've already done is kind of mind boggling. Combined with the other studios, that could go under "superhero overload". :p

Jedi Merkurian and Master_Lok like this.
  20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I'd rather the Cap mantle be passed onto either Bucky or Falcon rather than a recast. It would be nice if Sebastian got more than 20 minutes max to do his thing already.

21. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I don't suppose they could just...not use Captain America or Iron Man anymore, and just shift the focus to other characters? Come to think of it, if they go with the "stuck in Hulk mode" thing that was brought up in Thor: Ragnarok, then I guess they don't need Mark Ruffalo anymore.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I think they will transition away from Captain America and Iron Man, which Captain Marvel on the horizon and Spider-Man making his homecoming to the MCU. Additionally, there have been rumors and reports that the future of the MCU will involve the cosmic side of things. And there's that potential of Disney/Marvel retaining the rights to the X-Men and Fantastic Four.

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I would guess that Captain Marvel and Spider-Man will take Captain America and Iron Man’s place as the leaders. Look how much effort Tony is putting in to train Peter. That doesn’t mean Bucky can’t still take up Steve’s mantle as Captain America.

24. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Interesting - I'm sure I'm in the minority, but the Norton Hulk film is easily one of my favorite MCU films... probably because everything isn't a big joke

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    In the comics, Captain Marvel does take on the role of Captain America in Civil War II. And although Bucky took the Cap mantle in the comics, I don't see him doing in the MCU because he's too damaged. I think Black Panther has the stuff to take over for Steve Rogers as he definitely had character growth in Civil War and, from the trailers to Black Panther, a benevolent King.