main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    All you need is Magneto.

2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Actual Skrulls, the Shi'ar... it's quite exciting. On the other hand, I think Marvel has made Thanos look like a trucker, so I won't count my chickens.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Galactus and Doom...music to my ears!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Just to save myself and everyone a lot of typing: [insert obligatory Everyone-Is-Wrong-About-Iron-Man-2 rebuttal]

Moving past that, though not a part of the MCU, we do have a AOS character (with her actor) jumping to animation for a new "Marvel Rising" initiative. 6, four-minute shorts leading to a feature-length animated feature, "Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors". Will focus on Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Quake, Patriot, America Chavez, and Inferno. MingNa will also be voicing the big bad, Hala.

"Distribution partners for the content will be announced at a later date. Voice talent includes Dove Cameron, Tyler Posey, BooBoo Stewart, Kathreen Khavari, Milana Vayntrub, Cierra Ramirez, Kamil McFadden, Skai Jackson, Kim Raver, Ming-Na Wen, Steven Weber, and Dee Bradley Baker among others with Chloe Bennet reprising her role of Daisy Johnson from “Agents of SHIELD”.
    Future stories and content are also being developed across Marvel’s digital and publishing platforms and will be announced at a later date."

WebLurker likes this.
  6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  7. bad radio

bad radio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 1999
    Patiently waits for X-Men reboot... keep Deadpool, though, so he can explain the whole "Disney buys Fox" deal in one of his movies.

8. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
  9. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
  10. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I had dinner with a friend yesterday and he was telling me that the rumors he's hearing about Infinity War is that "everyone is gonna die." He then enumerated the expected casualties. Our increasingly dire conversation went something like this:

"Captain America's gonna die. Thor's gonna die. Iron Man is gonna die. Wait, he's not gonna die. Cause he had the vision in Age of Ultron. Black Widow's gonna die. Hawkeye's gonna die." "And then they're gonna make a new team out of Falcon & Doctor Strange and . . .?" "No, dude, they're gonna die. Cause Falcon's in it. And he's gonna die. And Doctor Strange is gonna die. They're all gonna die except one of them and he's the one who defeats Thanos." "But they're doing more Spider-Mans so . . ." "No, he's gonna die. He's in it and he's gonna die." "Is Bucky going to become the new Captain America?" "I thought so, but I guess now he's gonna also die." "So, what? They're going to stop making Avengers movies?" "Yeah, I guess so." "What about Ant-Man?" "Hmm. I don't know. I bet he lives." "Hulk?" "He's gonna die."

I decided not to bring up Captain Marvel. I think I can guess what he would have said. Looks like everything's coming up Ant-Man.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Your friend is... probably half right?

Everyone's going to die. And there's the Reality Gem which will make them back alive again (and warp in X-Men as if they'd always been there!)...

Master_Lok and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  12. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    What happened to Padme?

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    So everything’s down to Ant-Man. Good luck buddy!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Like I said, the positioning of Ant-Man and the Wasp as in between Infinity War and Avengers 4 is pretty interesting because it'd be hard to make a movie if Infinity War ends with "And then Thanos destroyed the universe. Cut to black" so they have to be survivable at least. Maybe Ant Man and The Wasp might have more to do with the Avengers movies than you'd think. Like there's a critical do-dad that Ant Man and Wasp need in their movie which turns the stakes in Avengers 4. So yeah, it'd be funny if it was true and the entire universe rested on Ant Man and The Wasp saving the day in their flick.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Didn't GOTG Vol2 already establish that Marvel is willing to have release order / chronology not line up with in-universe timing/chornology? IIRC, GOTG Vol 2 takes place Before Age of Ultron. Despite being released well after it. So, no reason they can't do the same with anything else that is released in between the two Avengers flicks.

16. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    That was addressed in Thor: Ragnarok.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It seems in Thor's anger... he killed her.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

GotG V2 is out in space so it's an easy cheat (and technically Stan's reference to being a Fed Ex delivery man breaks it's own timeline continuity anyway). The Marvel movies have been a vague "real time" releases (although we can all fall down a rabbit hole about what that timeline is ever since Spider-Man Homecoming title card and god knows how long a period Doctor Strange takes place over). Basically, I think it'd be really weird if Ant Man and The Wasp up and drop dead in Infinity War and then they get their own movie where everyone is alive, hunky dory and not destroyed by Thanos. Sure us nerds would get "oh, it's before Infinity War" but dunno how well that would play to wider, non-continuity Internetting folks.

It is very possible Ant Man and The Wasp will simply be set before Infinity War and have nothing to do with it but I'd bet it will somehow play off IW into Avengers 4.

19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    There are varying reports on the chronology of Doctor Strange. Scott Derrickson basically said that it starts in early 2016 and ends around the real-world release date of November 2016, which is, in my opinion, insanely fast for that whole story to play out. Be a surgeon, be injured, recovery (such as it is), complete mental breakdown, discovery of Kamar-Taj, training, becoming the Sorcerer Supreme . . . I highly doubt that's in a period of nine to ten months. The MCU wiki indicates a starting date of April-May 2016. If that's the case, then I think it has to run substantially past the Nov. 2016 release date. MCU wiki has it ending after Homecoming, so that would be maybe a year and a half. Still a pretty short time for all that to happen.

But Strange does have surgeon awards and plaques dated 2016, so the car accident is definitely in 2016 sometime. And according to Derrickson, the reference to War Machine being injured in Civil War is actually not a reference to War Machine being injured in Civil War, it just sounds like it is. So, I think even the creators have no idea what's going on with the Strange timeline.

20. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I’ve read about 10 months as well...but time is warped in Doctor Strange - so the training and such may have only been 10 months in ours or MCU time, but different in Kamar-Taj. Since time is in flux; I am okay with how quickly Stephen advanced (not forgetting his photographic memory) and Scott Derrickson not knowing Strange’s timeline.

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Strange's timeline is somewhat flexible- we know it starts in 2016, and it doesn't necessarily have to start after Civil War that year, but given the span of time the film is dealing with, it doesn't matter all that much if it does start before CW. But the good news is it can go pretty long, up unto Ragnarok, which is ~2 years after AOU (so, ~1+ years after CW).

So, you probably have a good year for Strange to take place during, if not more if you start it before CW or if Ragnarok is a couple months more than 2 years after AOU (one assumes Thor was just ballparking in his story).

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It was a mutual killing.

23. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    He...he couldn't have.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    nooo.....

25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    It appears the Disney/Fox deal is done and will be announced on Thursday.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.