main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    He's young Hank McCoy, pre-Beast. He'll look normal.

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Will they digitally enlarge his feet?

3. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    By "normal" I gather you mean "without fur", because Beast has always been a malproportionate ape-like figure.

[image=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3657/3552111591_cc2921f8f7.jpg]

Granted, this is an action figure, but sue me -- I couldn't find a Kirby drawing to back up my statement, and this image is about right.

ETA: Ah, here we go. He's anything but "normal"!

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/92/Uncanny8.jpg]

4. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Considering the blue fur state was a direct result of Hank trying to find a cure for his mutation (to be normal) I would agree that he's always been Beastly. As such I would hope that if they forgo the blue fur that they find a way to make him stockier with larger hands and feet.

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    IGN is reporting that there is a source inside Marvel/Disney that says they are planning to make 10 minute shorts of lesser known characters like Luke Cage, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther to run ahead of their movies. I think it's a fantastic idea and will give lesser known characters a chance to get some big screen action.
    Please oh please can we get a Guardians of the Galaxy short. [face_praying]

6. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Very cool idea with the shorts- kinda like having a backup story in a comic issue.

And I'm glad they're moving ahead with Doctor Strange- hopefully they'll use some of JMS's approach.

8. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheDogPound/news/?a=19339

Nathan Fillion as Hank "Ant-Man" Pym and the long-rumored Eva Longoria as Janet "The Wasp" Van Dyne?

Since Edgar Wright has been developing Ant-Man since before all this Marvel Studios universe stuff, is he going to be stuck with whatever casting choice is made in Avengers, or will his movie be separate from this shared universe?

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think it's safe to say that any properties Marvel still owns the rights to will conform to the Marvel Studios casting/continuity (especially because, well, without connecting to The Avengers, an Ant-Man movie has very little chance for success).

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Several different characters have had the name "Ant Man" over the years though. So they don't have to use Fillion of they don't want to and still stick to continuity.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Right, but Marvel is making Ant-Man, which means they're going to make it part of film-continuity.

12. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    And even though there have been several iterations of Ant-Man, I doubt a studio would introduce a character in one movie and then release another movie with a different character of the same name. Studios generally don't like to confuse audiences.

From here: Edward Norton may appear at Comic-Con to confirm his appearance in [The Avengers]. "There will also be an Avengers thingamajig with Whedon (who may or may not be there via telecast, he's currently in London with the Cap crew and he may or may not be too busy to fly out), Renner and others depending on their schedules (notably Norton)," writes [the source]. He also claims a Cap panel will occur with the principles telecommuting from London and an announcement about the "Doctor Strange" director will be made.

13. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    NORTON'S BACK!!!:D

14. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Alice Eve will play Emma Frost in X-Men: First Class. Poor decision, I think.

Tommy Lee Jones has joined the Captain America cast of, so far, Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, Hayley Atwell, Sebastian Stan and Stanley Tucci.

Latest Spider-Man rumor is that he will be one of these six: Jamie Bell, Andrew Garfield, Anton Yelchin, Aaron Johnson, Alden Ehrenreich or Logan Lerman.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    If Anton gets it... Kyle Reese, Chekov, Peter Parker- talking about going from 0 to 100 in a short period of time.

16. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Hmmm I think I would be more upset about a curly haired Parker than a Black one. :p However, he clearly has a skill for comedy, so perhaps he can work.

17. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Yelchin would be best, I think. He can always get a haircut.

18. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Apparently Nic Cage is interested in reprising his role as Ghost Rider in the sequel. :(

19. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Course he is, dude's got bills to pay.

20. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Nicholas Hoult as Beast -- I've only seen him in A Single Man; he seems a bit slim for the role, but otherwise a decent choice.
    Caleb Landry Jones as Banshee -- Not familiar with him at all
    Rumor has it they're trying to get Lucas Till for Havok

21. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Apparently Kevin Bacon is in negotiations to play a villain in the new X-Men.

Also, Kevin Feige said that "we have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in THE AVENGERS..."

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm rally hoping that'll turn out to be false, or intentional misdirection to surprise us at comic-con with an announcement or something. It'd be a real crime to lose Norton.

23. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    No Ed? What was the point of casting him in The Hulk then?

24. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Confirmed.

The Incredible Hulk was pretty bloody awful, but c'mon. I suppose after Cheadle replaced Howard for no good reason I shouldn't be surprised.

But... enthusiasm for The Avengers... dwindling...

25. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Bloody awful? I enjoyed it more than either of the Iron Man movies...