main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I wonder if this is their way of sort of doing Inhumans without stepping on the toes of the TV versions. They're not the same but there are certainly enough similarities (powerful space faction creates group of beings with varying types of powers, etc) and they've had more luck using the wackier elements in the cosmic realm rather than being earthbound.

2. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I wondered the same thing. They would lend themselves more to the cosmic side of things and don't have the baggage the Inhumans now have thanks to that series.

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
  4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  5. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I am sure they are waiting until after Avengers 4 to mention
    a Doctor Strange sequel.

Luke02 likes this.
  6. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    They're largely sitting out ComicCon this year because they're not going to be broadly discussing Phase 4 until after Avengers 4. It's gonna be a challenge though to keep it all under wraps for another year once they start hiring people.

Luke02 likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think what you'll see is Marvel stay focused on Ant-Man 2, Captain Marvel and Avengers 4 while allowing the Sony films to fill out the calendar and buy some time. Thus, Venom (the back half of this year) & SMH2 (summer post-A4), possibly one more, can take on the focus of hype. Meanwhile, the only film they really gotta worry about casting/production hires post-Avengers 4 is going to be the first film of Phase 4 the following year- and that film is almost certainly going to be Guardians of the Galaxy 3, so that limits some of the spoilage since the Guardians operate away from 99% of the rest of the MCU heroes/subfranchises. Then they can open the floodgates in summer 2019 before too much preproduction/production info on the following films starts leaking.

EDIT- Also, the Russos acknowledge the SMH timeline error:

Speaking with CBM, Russo says: “it was quite controversial… Yes, it was a very incorrect eight years.” This marks the first time someone at Marvel has gone on the record about the continuity error.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So, are they going to go back and George Lucas it?

Random Comments likes this.
  9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Doubt it. If they were going to do it, they would have done it already. I think Feige doesn't want to change it either, just in case they pull the trigger on the Parker/IM2 connection (which, if any of the next films involve time travel due to the Time Stone or other means, isn't an impossibility yet; assuming the rumored One-Shot that Holland blabbed about doesn't materialize).

What we have

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Master_Lok likes this.
  11. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    What did Holland let slip?

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Holland is bad with keeping secrets (IIRC, Marvel stopped giving him full scripts as a result) and gave this interview back when SMH came out:

“Holland: I want to do a short. That’s what I want to do. I want to do a 20-minute short with me and Paul Rudd…

They used to do those on the DVDs and Blu-rays.

Holland: Yeah. I think they are planning on doing it again.

Really?

Holland: I probably just spoiled a big spoiler. Kevin Feige’s probably going to be furious.”

We haven’t heard anything since, however. Although the SMH NBA Finals commercial series (and, to a lesser extent, the Driver’s Test commercial) was basically a One-Shot (it’s pretty much a bigger budgeted version of A Funny Thing Happened... with less action and more famous people), so maybe he was thinking about that?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I don't know if they'll go back far enough to correct the continuity error but ...

... I have seen 1 A4 set photo that showed Holland in his regular (not Iron Spider) costume during the invasion of New York scene. I believe Ant-Man was there as well (I know he's in many of them).

14. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
  15. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

Haven't seen anything Zhao has done, but Asante and Erguven are prett gy good options.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    So Hiddleston would like to play Captain Britain or Galactus. I think he'd work for both. He'd probably be a super creepy Galactus.

soitscometothis likes this.
  17. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    If he thought Loki's horns were a pain to wear, just wait until he tries on Galactus' headgear.

18. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    As long as it's not a cloud this time. :p

19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    =D= [face_laugh]
    Maybe he'll request the Hela CGI headgear?

@PCCViking - OUCH. ^:)^ [face_rofl]

Jedi Merkurian and PCCViking like this.
  20. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Yeah they would CGI that top hat.

21. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Some bystander photos of the Captain Marvel shoot. Doesn't really spoil anything but does show what 90's Nick Fury will look like:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

Okay, so when in the 90s did
    Bogota happen? (Fury losing his eye)

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    the wiki puts that incident pre-90s. don't think he necessarily lost it there - just "last time he trusted somebody"

who likely turned out to be a skrull. i imagine it will happen in CM.

i summon the mcu continuity king @The2ndQuest for answers

24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Thanks @heels1785.
    Thinking about this again, I completely brain farted on
    why Stephen did what he did. Giving Thanos the Time Stone was the only way to ensure the Avengers would win in that in one future. Of course, he'd sacrifice himself and save Tony and everyone else by doing that.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  25. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    For some reason, I'm absolutely psyched for Captain Marvel. It's probably the one I'm most looking forward to.