main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    It's not a real surprise that Marvel is in development for an Eternals movie considering the successes of Guardians of the Galaxy (which has introduced the Celestials), Thor: Ragnarok and of course Infinity War, starring Thanos, son of Alars. Captain Marvel (I imagine) will also be cosmic heavy. Not to mention that Kevin Feige stated that the future of the MCU lies in the cosmos. Additionally, probably a response to DC/WB announcing that Ava DuVernay will direct New Gods.

Personally, I was never really a fan of Marvel Cosmic, but the MCU has earned my trust and I'll most likely be seeing the Eternals opening weekend. I just wish the MCU proper didn't let the Inhumans fall to the TV side of things. Hopefully, the show did so bad that the MCU proper can reintroduce Inhumans without even acknowledging the existence of the TV version.

Master_Lok and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I still maintain a belief in the cohesive MCU so we've had the Inhumans unless there's a cosmic reset in Avengers 4, those are the royal family. But yah they'll probably be a cosmic reset in Avengers 4 anyway so they can take another crack at it.

Master_Lok likes this.
  4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Well said.

All I know about the Celestials in the comics are those giant robot looking creatures, and the only Eternal I know about is Eternity, so I could go either way with the MCU cosmic providing a character or two I dig are involved ((Strange, Thor etc.)

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're using Eternals to repurpose the original theatrical Inhumans plans, given the similarity of backstory and the apparent GOT-like aspects.

We'll probably see the royal family again one day, but it'll be a recasting and I doubt they'll directly reference the TV show's events (though the "Nu-Inhumans" from AOS are probably fair game still).

6. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Ironically, Eternity isn't an Eternal. In shorthand, Eternity is the conscious embodiment of the universe. It was Eternity that Thanos essentially subplanted in the Infinity Gauntlet storyline once he had assembled the Gauntlet and corralled all of the higher cosmic entities.

The Eternals are really just space mutants, engineered by the Celestials.

7. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Why every heir got to have their movie focused on struggle to take the throne against their blood relative?
    Thor, Black Panther, and DC's Aquaman.

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    After Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet, what are the other high-powered beings and objects in the Marvel Universe?

I can think of

-Galactus (but too similar to MCU's Thanos to likely be used)
    -Dormammu (kind of made a fool in Dr. Strange, could be back, but don't know about him being the new big threat)
    -the Beyonder (not really a villain, could work)
    -the Phoenix Force (not happening anytime soon, even with Disney buying FOX, since their likely last X-Men movie is about the same thing)
    -Mephisto (though showing an outright Demon of Satan's forces might be too Christianity-focused for a MCU movie)
    -Apocalypse (though also just used in X-Men)
    -Doctor Doom

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I really hope Galactus starts getting teased within the next few years. And maybe in another 10 years we’ll see the Avengers and X-Men team up to take him down!

Otherwise Doctor Doom definitely as the next main villain. Kang would make a good villain for Avengers 5.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Once they have access to the X-Men, the Phalanx would be awesome. Annihilus/Annhilation Wave would also be high level threats (and could be used as a precursor to using the Phalanx ala Annhilation Conquest). Especially useful if they intend to introduce Nova against the Nova Corps being wiped out.

11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_blush] Well I knew that :p NOT. Thank you for the assist.

12. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    THAT'S WHO HE REMINDED ME OFF!

To be fair, that whole scene was so cringy I didn't care to notice who the actors were. Imagine my surprise when I find out Sam Neill was slumming there as Odin.

So have you seen IW yet? Or are you still in steadfast refusal mode to do so? XD

heels1785 likes this.
  13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Kang makes a lot of sense as the follow-up overarching "big bad" after Thanos.

BigAl6ft6 and soitscometothis like this.
  14. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Hehe, no problem.

A good video series for delving into the higher cosmic side of Marvel is on the Comics Explained YouTube channel, if you have a lot of time to kill:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9sO35KZL50xxc2Un0zzw1C8jtlA1wmoM

There's also a little bit of Eternals discussed in his origins of Marvel mutants vid:

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hopefully soon!

Breaking the fourth wall of my rabid anti-Marvel board persona, I really am looking forward to this movie. Days just seem to be getting away from me recently.

16. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    The only answer is DOOM. This is Marvel's last chance to do justice to their alpha-predator supervillain.

BigAl6ft6 and Master_Lok like this.
  17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Ultron take massive upgrade and come back.

Honestly I think Marvel's villains are as good as DC's.

18. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017

I actually wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Kumail Nanjiani ended up getting a crack at the screenplay/script for MM when they decide to move forward with it. He co-wrote The Big Sick so he can juggle both the emotional and the comedic within the same story.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That's racist. Pigeonholing a Muslim into writing a Muslim superhero. Only a white male can truly plumb the depths of a female, Muslim, teenaged superhero...

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  21. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Is this "people" or "a South Asian woman disappointed in his likely experience with South Asian women?" We see things like this all the time about Jew on Jew, Black on Black, etc. don't we?

23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
  24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it's not just one person if that's what you're asking. if you read the replies to the first tweet that bilbo fett posted you'll see that. there are more articles out there with similar takes as well. a lot of people seem to feel his portrayal of asian women fits a very old and pervasive negative media stereotype. and yeah some people fit stereotypes and that can be part of someone's experience, but i think people were just hoping for more balanced representation.

https://themuse.jezebel.com/i-m-tired-of-watching-brown-men-fall-in-love-with-white-1796522590
    http://theaerogram.com/big-sick-bro...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

PCCViking likes this.