main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon You thought it would never happen...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_KNick, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_KNick

Jedi_KNick Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2003
    IT SNOWED THIS MORNING!!! Snow! In November! In Oregon! In the city!

*faints*

-KNick

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Oh dear god. It's just raining here in Eugene.

3. Jedi_KNick

Jedi_KNick Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2003
    LOL. Don't fret, though, for the snow is melting when it hits the wet ground. The weather has been SO unpredictable this past week.

-KNick

4. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Aye, I was out in the Shari's parking lot on the corner of Kuebler and Commercial at one in the morning when it started. It was pretty neato.

5. Arina_Jaylin

Arina_Jaylin Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2003
    So NOT FAIR!! I WANT SNOW :_|
    The valley doesn't get it, we got teaser snow........ EVIL!!!!!! [face_devil]

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    It's snowing here in Eugene now!

7. FenixRu

FenixRu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2003
    Portland was/is covered (at least the Eastside). A Pleasent surprise to say the least.

8. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Yep, it started snowing right when luch period started! I ran out and didn't come back in till the bell rang, me and my friend sarah went to english together soked!
    4th period, I was very damp and cold, yep I was.
    My teacher asked me why high schoolers lose all shred of sanity when white things fall from the sky,lol.

9. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Really messy to drive in and causes lots of problems for those that can cope with it. Loss of power at work makes Eric a happy boy! Bring on the AT-ATs!!

10. FenixRu

Jul 13, 2003
    AT-AT?!?! BAH!! A Snowspeeder would have been better IMO. Really doesn't matter anymore though, all the snow is basically gone.

11. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm with Jawafett - "Really messy to drive".

When I was still a student I loved the snow (especially when it closed school). But now that I'm an "old guy" I hate it. When it snows I still have to try to make it to work (somehow). Driving on snow does not make me happy.

12. Flint

Flint Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2003
    STOP THE MADNESS!!

13. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Is everyone enjoying recreating the Battle of Hoth in their front yards?

14. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    Actually, yes :D

I'm just gearing up and trying to write a short on the spot here, and then three friends of mine and myself are going to go and shoot it at Jori Hill Park :)

Cheers and blessed be!
    -Derycke

15. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    How did the film turn out? The snow doesn't like to stay very long here in the low lands.

16. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    Well, we didn't even start walking until about 4 PM, and it takes about an hour and a half on foot to get to the park. So by the time we arrived, it was already dark. It was really awesome to be there, though. Nobody else had gone to the park since the snow had fallen, so there were no footprints anywhere, just perfect moonlit snow. It was, however, very cold, lol.

Ah well, hope the rest of you enjoyed the snow as well!

Cheers and blessed be!
    -Derycke

17. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I'm very annoyed by all of this snow. I've been trapped in my house for the last week. It is ridiculous. We've had so many problems, I'm just tired of it.

We've had up to about 14 inches of snow up here and the ground has been covered since last Sunday, the last time I drove my car. I've made it out almost every day having my mom drive me in the BMW X5 or my sister in her Tahoe, or my trainer picked me up one day, too, but I've not been able to drive in a week. We've twice had the BMW stuck because of the snow, unable to make it out. It has been a huge pain in the butt.

People living in the city have no idea. They get a few inches of snow and freak out. We were getting 6 inches a night and not enough of it was melting during the day, so in parts we had accumulated 14 inches or more.

18. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Where are you Bowen?
    Up where I am it snowed like 12+ inches, roads were like pure ice, I was trapped in my house for days, and to make it all worse the power went out for 3 days! I'm fine with given up the cpu, tv, gamecube, exc. I can handle that.
    I just wanted water to brush my teeth!!!!
    I just wanted to be able to flush the toilet!!!!!!
    I just wanted to be able to see! !!!!
    I just wanted to be able to eat something other than sandwiches!!!!!

Ehem, I'm fine.

19. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    It's been pretty awful here in Eugene. Trees are falling over everywhere.

20. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    It's a sign of the apocalypse. Actually, no, it's just a sign that our state is a miserable hellhole during the winter.

I live in Portland, up on Skyline, I think we have gotten the worst of it by far. Our elevation is 1,100 feet, we're way above anyone else, we live on a hill with a very steep driveway, it's been hard.

We have a generator that was built by the same company that made the one for St. Vincent's Hospital, though, so although we lost power 3 times, the generator kicks on after about maybe 20 seconds. I've never timed it, 15 to 30 seconds. Then you never notice really. It's a minor inconvenience.

I could not do without my computer or movies for a day, I'd have absolutely nothing to do. I'd just sit around and pick my nose all day or something, haha.

I have been getting out each day to workout, been doing some hardcore workouts, but it has taken amazing dedication. I've hiked through snow to get to the top of the driveway where we parked the cars, I've had my trainer pick me up, I've had my mom drop me off and pick me up later so I had extra long workouts, it has been very hard to workout each day but we've managed.

I am going down to college late. I'll wait for the ice and snow to melt, so I'll just skip my first day on Tuesday and drive down sometime Wednesday. I have classes on Tues-Thurs anyway, then one night class Wednesday I will attempt to make.

21. FenixRu

Jul 13, 2003
    All I gotta say is this, if you are stuck, learn to put on some chains, and use low gears. Its not hard to drive in the snow, it just takes pateince.

22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Biking in the snow isn't much fun either. At least today it wasn't too bad, since it was all really dry powder, but last week was terrible.

23. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    well the foot of snow turned into a foot of ice and now I have bloody knuckles. (tried to stop myself from slaming into a tree while sliding down my steep hill) not that it worked, I slammed into the tree anyway and my hair got tangled up, lol.

24. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    Sounds like there have been two injuries suffered on the board this snow season.

I made the stupid decision of wearing a dagger on my belt when hopping out of a window to join in on a snowball fight. Of course I thought I had tied the scabbard on tight enough, but I hadn't. I jumped out, scabbard pulled a 180º, knife fell out, stuck into ground, blade pointing straight up. My hand goes through it, and I wind up with a slightly severed tendon and a very badly cut artery. Fun fun!

Cheers and blessed be!
    -Derycke

25. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    You guys should be more carefull. Lessons were hopefully learned to keep your head on a swivel when battling against the elements. If you get too cold, remember that the inside of a TaunTaun is pretty warm!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.