main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You vs. ILM

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Ryan_W, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CountDoosheee

CountDoosheee Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    Ugh take it to PM's before you get us all locked!

"You're not taking into account the camera's (probable) auto exposure settings"... (or words to that effect).

Maybe not... but think about it. To be able to see the people in the party, the exposure was so high that the light appeared white with a strong red glow, but in real life the thing appeared red.
    It makes a little sense that a lightsaber could be very bright (at the same time as being an actual colour, not white) and so while shooting it you want the exposure high enough so that you can see the surroundings.

The same thing happens with neon lights, I mean they're not actually white in the middle but whenever I've taken a shot of them (where the exposure is set so that I can see everything else too) they get blasted into pure white with a big glow around 'em.

It seems to fit that a lightsaber *could* work the same way, I don't mean that it would be a deep red/blue/green/whatever in the middle, but it stands to reason that if you saw one in real life, it probably wouldn't be white in the middle.

2. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Your argument lost all credibility with "from like a year ago." A lot can happen in a year, and one of them is that I am now the one enforcing the rules around here.

I didn't "attack" you, and least of all from going off topic. I was pointing out that your statements were highly subjective, unfair, and claims you had no right to make about the nature of any person's fandom.

However, in not dropping the topic when you were told to do so, you have the distinction of being the poster who got this thread locked. Congratulations, and consider yourself lucky I don't ban you as I said I would if the previous topic was brought back up.

Thanks for trying, Ryan.

M. Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.