main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Were Mine

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by RogueJai, Sep 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    This is a Dixie Chicks song I modified to turn into A/A. "They" (in place of "she" in the song) means the Empire. (this is from Ami's POV, post-EpIII)

I can't find a reason, to let go
    Even though you've found a new love,
    and they've answered your prayers from above.

I can find a reason, to hang on
    What when a wrong can be forgiven
    Without you it ain't worth living, alone.

Sometimes, I wake up, crying at night
    And sometimes, I scream out your name
    What right do they have to take you away
    When for so long you were mine.

Took out all the pictures, of our wedding day
    It was a time of love and laughter, happy ever after,
    But even those old pictures have begun to fade
    Please tell me they're not real, and that you're really coming home to stay.

What right do they have to take your heart away

I can give you two good reasons
    To show your love not deny
    Tonight they turned four and I know they adore you
    So how could I tell them, you changed your mind.

What right do they have to take your heart away

I remember when you were mine.

For those not familiar with the song :D here's part of it: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000002BZ0/o/qid=968884636/sr=2-2/103-9920124-6554203

Click on the blue song with the same title as this story :D

Tanks!

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Sweet stuff, RJ. Thanks for sharing.

*Derisa*

3. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
  4. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    Thanx Derisa! btw, WB!!!!

5. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Nice job Jai! :)

6. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

OOh, I love when the song-thing happens! I also get shivers from "Here with me" by Dido...it reminds me of the two of them...I would write out the lyrics...if I could get them.

aa :D

7. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    I honestly wasn't going to add story---but what the hey, I'm bored at the moment.

Amidala Padme Naberrie sighed to herself as she rocked the cradles. She'd had to argue, barter, plead, and finally get on her knees and BEG Obi-Wan and Bail to let her have the twins together. Just this one night. It had been so long . . . . too long. Far too long since she'd seen her babies. Why, Luke had been barely five days old when she'd left him with Beru and Owen. And she'd been forced to leave Leia alone with Bail and Sache by the sudden arrival of . . . . . .

Who was Amidala kidding. It wasn't the twins she'd wanted tonight. Not completely. It was their father.

Ani had changed, these past four years. She'd heard awful rumors, of his cruelty and unforgiving nature . . . . but then, Padme had also heard whispers of an unmatchable sense of fairness, and hidden, unexpected kindnesses. That sounded far more like her husband than the man who'd nearly caught her on Alderaan with Leia.

Suddenly, snapping Amidala out of her reverie, the twins cried out as a single voice. "Sh, sh." The former Queen whispered as she picked them up. Though four years old, they were still small enough to comfortably fit together on her lap. So Amidala set them there, and in a low voice began telling stories of long ago.

"Once upon a dream, in a place very far from here, there was a Knight---a Knight in shinning armor, who married a Queen. The Knight was incredibly handsome, and the people of her world called the Queen the most beautiful ruler in three hundred years. They had two children which they loved very much, but the Knight had to go away for a while on a long journey . . . a journey through his heart . . . . "

The End. :D

8. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    Ohhh I love it... short and *very* sweet. Of course it appeals to the romanticist in me, hearing Anakin/Amidala's romance described like that of a fairy tale.... :)

Only one problem... this is it? The end? :( It was beautiful while it lasted, Jai.

9. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    Thanx A21!! Hmm, maybe if ya beg enough I can write some more . . .j/k, but I will try. :D I am writing another A/A. Most of the ones I actually FINISH do seem short, sweet, sad . .. . . :D I love writing A/A. I'm a hopeless mushfreak/romantic :D

10. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    So am I, why do you think I'm so addicted to Anakin/Amidala? :D They're the overly romantic mushfreak's insulin! (I had suspicions you might be the A/A loving sort yourself, when you made your Nova Squad character an angel of Iego. ;))

Please don't make me beg... I appear most undignified when I beg. ;) Look forward to seeing more of your work around here...

(ARG!! Must stop reading fanfic... must get to work on Grace of LV post... must write...! :))

11. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    You write LV, I'll write this, deal? Good!! yay!!

12. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    Amidala Padme Naberrie sighed to herself as she rocked the cradles. She'd had to argue, barter, plead, and finally get on her knees and BEG Obi-Wan and Bail to let her have the twins together. Just this one night. It had been so long . . . . too long. Far too long since she'd seen her babies. Why, Luke had been barely five days old when she'd left him with Beru and Owen. And she'd been forced to leave Leia alone with Bail and Sache by the sudden arrival of . . . . . .

Who was Amidala kidding. It wasn't the twins she'd wanted tonight. Not completely. It was their father.

Ani had changed, these past four years. She'd heard awful rumors, of his cruelty and unforgiving nature . . . . but then, Padme had also heard whispers of an unmatchable sense of fairness, and hidden, unexpected kindnesses. That sounded far more like her husband than the man who'd nearly caught her on Alderaan with Leia.

Suddenly, snapping Amidala out of her reverie, the twins cried out as a single voice. "Sh, sh." The former Queen whispered as she picked them up. Though four years old, they were still small enough to comfortably fit together on her lap. So Amidala set them there, and in a low voice began telling stories of long ago.

"Once upon a dream, in a place very far from here, there was a Knight---a Knight in shinning armor, who married a Queen. The Knight was incredibly handsome, and the people of her world called the Queen the most beautiful ruler in three hundred years. They had two children which they loved very much, but the Knight had to go away for a while on a long journey . . . a journey through his heart . . . . "

Obi-Wan Kenobi smiled a twisted smile as he entered the small, nondescript Alderaanian hotel room where the Queen and her two children lay. Far from the three bunks, two small and one normal-sized, the Queen---for even what was left of the Nubians still regarded her as Queen---and the twins lay comfortably together in a rocking chair between the two small beds.

"Your Highness." Obi-Wan stated softly, not wanting to wake the twins.

Without opening her eyes, Amidala's voice---her true voice, not the dry, brittle accent she used as Queen---answered. "Obi-Wan Kenobi, I have known you for more than half my life. I married your Padawan. You've helped keep me and my children safe. I believe it's time for you to call me by my name. And since there is no Nubian government, I am no longer Queen."

"A ruler is not in the eye of the beholder, but of the people."

"Jedi wisdom?" Amidala's voice held the slightest tinge of pained sarcasm.

Obi-Wan nodded. "It is useful to know what the people think, for in any system, they are the true government."

Amidala didn't answer, but instead opened her eyes and ran the fingers of her right hand through Leia's hair, while gently brushing Luke's forehead. "Come on, sweeties. It's time to wake up."

Leia's thumb went to her mouth, but Luke showed the Jedi and the Queen his bright blue eyes and sleepily asked, "We goin' home yet, Pa'me?"

Amidala's lips tightened. //They'll never go *home.*// "Yes, Lukie. You're going home."

Waking up completely, Leia took her thumb out of her mouth and grabbed her mother's long, beautiful hair. "I wanna go back to dadda, Pa'me." Amidala swallowed hard---past four years of pain---and nodded. Handing Luke over to Obi-Wan, physically and emotionally, Amidala gazed into two big pairs of eyes---one blue, one brown as her own.

"I want you two to promise me something, all right?" Two identical nods. "Whatever happens to you, wherever you go, even when you're all grown up and have children of your own . . ." //What wouldn't I give to see that day?

Ani.//

"Remember that story I told you, okay? Remember it, and tell it to your children and their children and THEIR children, so no one ever forgets it. Okay?" Again, the twins nodded.

As they parted outside the hotel, Obi-Wan for the nearest spaceport and Amidala for the Organa's palace, Obi-Wan asked, "What story?"

Amidala smiled softly, a smile to beat even the Mona Lisa's

13. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

*sigh* That was lovely! :)

aa :D

14. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    Thank ya much!

15. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    well i THOUGHT i had posted, but apparently not...

Rogue Jai that was a heart-stopper!!!!!! oh wow, how beautiful. more?

16. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Beautiful and heartbreaking RogueJai. I hope you have more for us soon.

17. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    I feel all warm and gooey inside. That was some great lines you wrote. :)

18. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    Okay *cracks fingers* let's get ready to rum-ble!!!!

Amidala Padme Naberrie bit her lip and stared sorrowfully as Sache Organa, her best and oldest friend, welcomed Leia home. "Mommy!" the small brunette girl had shouted joyfully upon Sache's appearance, leaping from her *mother*'s arms and running to the former Handmaiden.

Always concious of her friend's feelings, Sache glanced up apologetically. "I'm sorry, Your . . . Padme."

Amidala had already decided, long before she had first brought Leia to Organa Palace four years ago, that she could deal with Leia calling another woman "mommy."

It was when Bail came upon the tearful scene that she lost twenty years of carefully cultivated diplomatic control.

"You are not her father! You are NOT her father! You are not her FATHER! YOU AREN'T HER FATHER!!!" The Nubian Queen screamed, restrained by two Alderaanian guards. Bail shot a worried glance at Sache and carried Leia away, out of Amidala's sight. As soon as the Prince of House Organa and *her daughter* were gone, Amidala slumped against the guards. "Two years, Sache. In the two years I lived here, she never called him that. I only saw them together at the dinner table, where she always called him 'Sir.' Sache, he's not her father!!!!"

"For all intents and purposes, he is, Ami." Sache's voice was firm but calm. If Amidala couldn't get past this now, she never would. "He will raise her, he will take care of her, he will teach her right from wrong. I know you hate it Ami, but it's best. For her."

"But . . . . . . ." Amidala trailed off sorrowfully.

"But what?" Sache asked gently, feeling she already knew.

Amidala's reply was a single tortured whisper. "Ani."

19. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    ahhhhhh-hhhhhh, im so...so....oh that was good!

but who is "Sache"?

20. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    *grin* Sache's one of the handmaidens :D:D:D:D:D And I really hope I read that in EU and not someone else's story.

21. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    Up, more as soon as I write it.

22. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    i thought Sabe was a handmaiden, never heard of Sache.

23. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    OOOOoOOOOO JAI! I loved that! YOu are da bestest! WRITE MORE! p.s. You are also a lot more than slightly crazy. . .AND I've never heard of Sache either. . but, who cares.

24. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    UP! MORE!

25. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    up----more soon:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.