main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive "You were the chosen one!!!!" - Artwork Update 17-10-2006

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Jonathan_McEnroe, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone, I thought I would update this thread with new art work that is on it's way, firstly starting with my new painting of Darth Sidious, created in Photoshop.

Newly added - Obi-Wan Kenobi

I'd like to thank each and every one of those who have commented on my work in the past, I truely appreciate it.

BURNING ANAKIN

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/jonathanmc/burnanakinburn1.jpg]

ANAKIN SKYWALKER

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/jonathanmc/anakincopy.jpg]

OBI-WAN KENOBI

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/jonathanmc/obiwan2.jpg]

DARTH SIDIOUS

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/jonathanmc/Sidiouscopy.jpg]

Thanks again!

Jonathan :)

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    It wont load for me. Can anybody else see it?

AG88

3. Hope that works for you now :)

Jonny

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Holy Moly!! What a gorgeous painting, J_E!! =D= I'm particularly loving the light--the way it's highlighting the robes and hands and his gnarly face--just beautifully done! It's going to be great to see this one finished--can't wait!

FF

5. Hey falcon,

thanks bud, really appreciate it. It is finished though, it's a loose painting, going to be going through manay characters over the next few months :)

Cheers again,

Jonny :D

6. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Ah yes, now I can see it. I just gave feedback on this drawing at the Deviant Art site. Very nice.

AG88

7. Cheers AG,

really appreciate it :)

Jonny

8. Hey everyone!

Just to let you know I've now added a new painting of Obi-Wan Kenobi for all to see. I look forward to adding more soon :)

Cheers :D

Jonny

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Whoa, those are awesome! The details in both completely blew me away! Very nice job! =D=

Your style of coloring in PS is exactly what I'm interested in learning. Do you have any tips to get someone learning on the right path?

10. Hey Solo!

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I'd be more than happy to help you out. I've attached an image of the Obi progress that I saved during it's process.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/jonathanmc/obiwanprogress.jpg]

To begin with I always start out blobby, getting all the colours and lighting in first to block everything out. From there I begin to refine areas, shift things round if out of line and fix up the colouring and lighting. As everything becomes more refined I begin to add sharper shading but leave it with a sketchy look, and I build on that as I go to build up the textures.

If I can help out anymore give me a shout bud, and anyone else too :D

Cheers again!!

Jonny :)

11. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    Dude what AWESOME paintings!! Talk about Looking like Obi Wan!!! That's incredible!!! =D= And palpatine is excellent as well!

12. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    Both of these are excellent. I really like your style.

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks so much for that tutorial! [:D]

I looked it over last night before heading to bed and I need to try it out sometime. Just a question on layers - did you lay out each color/detail on a new layer or how did you work that out?

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    **stares in shock at Obi Wan**

:eek:
    =D==D=
    =D==D=

WOW!!! That's just gorgeous, Jonathan!! =D= His eyes just grabbed me and wouldn't let go for a long time--they're amazing...so lifelike! The skintones, the hair...the beard is just beautiful!!

Just wow--I don't know what else to say! Awesome, awesome painting!!

FF

15. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    =D= =D= =D= That's really AMAZING!

16. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    I love young Obi-Wan. I also like the tutorial on how you did it. I always enjoy seeing how things are done. Wonderful job!!

AG88

17. :eek:

Just back from my trip home to Glasgow and wow! Thank you so much you guys, I really appreciate your kind words! Thank you! I hope to have more for you very soon! :D

Jonathan :)

18. Hey peeps!

Updated the gallery with a new painting I did tonight :)

I have to say once again I appreciate the kind comments in this thread, without them I wouldn't continue working on the paintings :)

Cheers again! :D

Jonny

19. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Another wonderful painting. I love the colors and intensity of his expression. Great job!

AG88

20. Heya!

Cheers Academygrad88! really appreciate it :D

I have added a quick speed painting I did of Anakin Burning last night for all to see :)

Thanks again!!

Jonny :D

21. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Burning Anakin is a great represenation of that haunting and disturbing scene in ROTS.

AG88

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh my...

These latest paintings are unbelievable, Jonathan! =D==D=

I totally agree with grad here: the intensity of emotion is absolutely raw: Anakin's uncontrolled fury is right there for us to see...it's chilling, and really takes me back into the duel and its gruesome end... **shudders**

Beautiful capture of likeness in each one, and I can't get over the light in them both--stunning! I feel the heat and fire of Mustafaar in both!

Amazing work! =D==D=

FF

23. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    Very beautiful paintings. your work is really awesome--great anakins, really really realllyyyy incredible. painting faces is my weak spot :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.