main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends You Weren't (AU, Dark viggie - OC, Luke, Mara)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ___Sithspawn___, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Title: You Weren't
    Author: Me!
    Genre: Angst, AU

Author's note:
    I don't believe I've ever posted anything in Beyond. I generally stick to the Saga, but this is set after another fic of mine, My Darkness, which can be found in my profile. This can stand alone, though, as it fits any universe in which Ani/Vader survives and Han and Leia don't.

I also made a cover, which can be found...

here

A cold, ill wind blows, passing through my clothes, my skin and my flesh, chilling me to the bone. For a while, I stare at the distant, barren trees that whisper faintly in my ear, then I lower my eyes back to the near frozen ground. It is late autumn and all is frigid, dark and bleak. A dismal sentiment is in the air. It envelops everything. It sends shivers down my spine. Dressed in black as I always am, I kneel at the foot of your grave, placing a single deep, black-red rose upon it. Red as your blood, and as beautiful, as tragic.

It was not always this way, I know. I remember better days. I remember a different time. A time when all was bright and beautiful. A time when there was only joy and inspiration ? not a hint of the despair that now hangs in the air, draped over everything like a heavy shroud, smothering all, like some vile black mist. I remember a time when my heart was filled with peace, love and hope. I remember a time when the sun?s rays warmed me, when nature spoke to me. A time when you were still with me. These memories had faded into exactly what they are ? mere recollections coated with the dust of time.

Everything is different now. All is quiet, even the Force, and there is a gaping void inside of me. It never closed, and I fear it never will ? there are some wounds even time cannot heal. I feel that this emptiness will always remain in me. I am not the only one affected. Mother never smiles. Her radiance, her laughter is gone. She rarely even speaks. She hides in her mind. She never opens up to anyone. It scares me. It hurts me. Grandfather?I feel strange calling him that, for outwardly he still seems quite youthful. Inside, however, your father has grown older. He seems hardened, but I know he is not. He still grieves, even though it has been years. It has been hard for him to let go, as it has been for everyone. Scarred and broken, weathered from too much sorrow in one lifetime, he never laughs either.

You were not the first to go ? Uncle Han and Aunt Leia have preceded you, but you were the world to us. I was not yet born when they died, but I suspect your loss was the hardest to bear. I should blame you for leaving us, but I miss you too much. I long for you. I dream of you coming back to us. They all tell me to let go, but this has proved to be an impossible feat. You have not been forgotten. I tell no one ? it is my darkest, most shameful secret ? but sometimes, I want to join you in death. This is a dark place, and not just because of the civil war that has lasted for almost sixteen years, my entire lifespan, albeit it is now coming to a close. I still recall the day the shadows fell.

~flashback~

You are dimming, I can feel you waning, fading into nothingness. I want to deny it, as if it could change what I recognize as the truth. How I wish for it not to be so, for this to be a mere dream. A nightmare, nothing more. My delusion fails, and the world I attempt to construct over my harsh reality cracks, crumbles and falls. Crashes and burns like all else. The world is cold. I seek the warmth of my mother, but she seems as fragile as you do ? lying there, your skin deathly pale against the deep red of the blood that seeps from your wounds. You don?t speak. I?ve never seen you this way.

?Mommy, is he going to die??

This shakes her, but she struggles to hide it. Instead, she offers a stiff, weary smile. It does not reach her eyes.

?No, dear. He?ll be alright.?

She says this to comfort herself as much as she does for me. Who is she

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    That was awesome! =D=

Very sad! :_|

These memories had faded into exactly what they are ? mere recollections coated with the dust of time.

Wonderfully written, very touching!

Mother never smiles. Her radiance, her laughter is gone. She rarely even speaks. She hides in her mind. She never opens up to anyone. It scares me. It hurts me.
    This really broke my heart! Esspecially 'she hides in her mind'. I could definitely see Mara withdrawing almost completely into herself.

?Then why is he so dark and flickery?? Her eyes turn so bright. How they sparkle?Beautiful but sad. It hurts.
    :_| Wonderful description of how he would feel in the Force while dying!

Your father is very tired. He?s just going to sleep for a long time.
    *Sniff* 'There is no death there is the Force'. I like how you essentially say this by saying he is going to sleep!

I thought you would always be there for me.
    You weren?t.

That really hurt, that she almost blames him for dying!

So was this a one shot? Because I would love to read the story of how/why he dies!

Great job!

3. ___Sithspawn___

Aug 17, 2004
    First off, much thanks for reading/reviewing!

I'm glad you like it, and that the angst factor was satisfactory.

So was this a one shot? Because I would love to read the story of how/why he dies!

It's a one shot - sorry. Though I am thinking of writing a sequel...but a prequel is a good idea, I'll give you that.

Thanks again,

Sithspawn

4. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    :_| :_|

So sad and heartbreaking - but wonderfully written!

5. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    It's wonderful to see you in Beyond! [:D] I promise to read Blood and Venom soon! Want to devote all time and attention to that reading. :) The flashbacks were so effective and the prose was beautiful. Sad but wonderfully done. Enjoyed your writing. Always do. =D=

Hoping to see more of you in here. [face_batting]

6. ___Sithspawn___

Aug 17, 2004
    JadeLotus: Thank you. I'd say the two often go hand in hand.

MirandaFair: Much thanks; glad you enjoy my writing:)

Hoping to see more of you in here.

You just might...

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh my goodness, that was just... heartbreaking. It has left my in tears, so very well done it was. The cover art you did for it is perfect as well Sithspawn.

8. ___Sithspawn___

Aug 17, 2004
    Thank you very much; I'm glad this was a success - it always is when I make my readers cry[face_devil]

By the way, the girl in the cover is me.

9. Art_Of_War

Art_Of_War Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 9, 2005
    That fantastic imagery you used really brought this vignette to life.

Great Work.

10. ___Sithspawn___

Aug 17, 2004
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow--first I thought it was Luke who was being featured as the protagonist. Woo. =D= Beautifully poetic descriptions of grief and loss. The soul-shattering sense of "you weren't supposed to leave me, but you did!" rings throughout. Very moving. @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.