main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Will Be Waiting - Post TPM Short Fic, Basically to See If I can write still

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Renton Kenobi, Apr 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    You Will Be Waiting
    By Renton Kenobi

Disclaimer: "You Will Be Waiting," by Barenaked Ladies does not belong to me and Star Wars belongs to Lucas. Best things in life aren't mine. *Shakes head sadly.*

Summary: A greiving Obi-Wan tries to find closure.

Comments: Yeah sure, why not? anenli@swmail.com

Dedication: To Obi The Kid who always is able to get me crying, or in some cases laughing with anything she writes.

You Will Be Waiting
    By Renton Kenobi

I'm trying Master, I really am. I know I need to let you go. But I still can't seem to realize that the past twenty four hours have been real. Not some cruel dream.

I'm not ready Master. Not for this duty that you have asked me to take on. Can I train Anakin as well as you? Will you be proud of what I will become?

It hurts me that you didn't say good-bye to me. Jealousy? Most likely. I can't seem to get it out of my head. I *loved* you Master, you were more than a mere Master to me. No Master, you were my father. The one I never had, and the only one I will *ever* have.

Will you be there when I pass on into the force? I wonder this as your body is engulfed into flames. Will you wait for me? I choke back the tears that try to fall. I just want to scream. Do you see how this is affecting me? Can you see right through my shield? The pain that is inside me?

All that is left is ashes now. The audience that came to pay their respects are filing out, including the young boy. I silently thank him, he knew I needed time alone. I came to the side of the pyre. And as the last person leaves the funeral pyre, my knees buckle and I sob uncontrollably for you. I haven't cried like this since I was a child.

I feel around inside my pocket and pull out the smooth stone you had given me on my thirteenth birthday. It's cold, for the first time that I can remember the force isn't there, it's gone, like you are.

"My son." My head jerks up. Was that you? Was that your voice?

"Master?" I choke back on the tears. I see you next to me and your hand brushes the tears away from my cheeks, you can touch me.

I fling myself into the arms that had once comforted me for so long. "My son, my Obi-Wan. You were a blessing from the force to me. More than just a padawan, but the son I would never have. Be strong my Obi-Wan, I will see you again one day."

I smile at your words, knowing that you will be there for me.

Waiting.

"But I know
    That you will be waiting
    Oh I know
    That you will be waiting
    Oh I know
    You will be waiting
    Waiting there for me."
    -Barenaked Ladies "You Will Be Waiting." Written by Steven Page of BNL.

2. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Great post! Lots of tears and you can still write. Now please please please continue "Make Me Bad". NO I know. (She waves her hand.) You Will Continue Make Me Bad.

3. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Great story, Renton Kenobi. You brought tears to my eyes, and yes...you can definitely still write! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.