main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Would Know...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by oBi1JaCoBi, Feb 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oBi1JaCoBi

oBi1JaCoBi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 1999

Hi. I'm somewhat new in the Star Wars literature universe. What book or series would you recommend me getting that takes place directly after the trilogy?

Thanks! And if you have any other suggestions that would be good to start off my collection I'm all ears - err eyes...

2. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    truce at bakure

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Hier to the Empire-Tim Zahn

4. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    The Truce at Bakura is set the day after Return of the Jedi. It's worth a look.

5. oBi1JaCoBi

Oct 30, 1999
    Are there any that would be 7, 8, and 9 of course not cannon, but tell the story...

6. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Nope, nothing like that. If I were to choose anything as 7, 8, or 9 it'd be Dark Empire.

7. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    No The Thrawn Trilogy

8. oBi1JaCoBi

Oct 30, 1999
    I see I have a lot of work ahead of me...

9. wilde_karrde2002

wilde_karrde2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2002
    Nope, none are really 7,8,9. They all pretty much tell the continuing story of Star Wars. As far as where to begin, it depends if you want to follow along with the timeline, or jump around a bit. "Truce at Bakura" takes place immediately after RotJ. In fact, there's also "Shadows of the Empire" which takes place between Eps.2&3, plus a bunch of books set before the original trilogy. There'a a timeline with brief summaries on this site. Check it out and plot your own course. Enjoy the reading! :D

10. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I consider the Thrawn trilogy to be most "like" Episoodes 7,8,9.

11. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    "I consider the Thrawn trilogy to be most "like" Episoodes 7,8,9."

I disagree. The Thrawn Trilogy follows none of the themes Lucas established in Episodes 4,5, and 6, while the Dark Empire trilogy not only continues these themes, but adds to them.

12. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    I agree with The Thrawn Trilogy. These are the books that basically jump-started the StarWars EU:

The Heir to the Empire
    Dark Force Rising
    The Last Command

After that, I would read them in chronological order. Many websites have all the novels listed. Also, make sure to read the X-Win Series, all 9 books - they're definately worth it.

13. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    I started with Heir to the Empire. Then go on to either Dark Empire, Jedi Academy Trilogy or the Rogue Squadron books.

14. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    TTT (Thrawn Trilogy) were the first Officially licensed star wars books, and they are a good read, plus being a trilogy... so i would say they were pretty much 7, 8, and 9... and since they were the first official EU books, they don't refer to too much other EU that you wouldn't know about, so i would start with them...

and please no-one tell me that they weren't the first EU books, i know...

15. Dire_Wolf

Dire_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    i would have to say the Thrawn series. best to start with.

16. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I'd say check out Truce at Bakura, and work your way up from there. Then, if you like, you can go back and read The Han Solo Trilogy, by A.C. Chrispin, which is the first of the books taking place around the OT. Just some clarification, Shadows of the Empire takes place between episodes 5 and 6, not 1 and 2. This is just personal preference, but if I had to pick EU works to be episodes 7-9, it would be:

The Thrawn Trilogy-Episode VII
    The Dark Empire Trilogy-Episode VIII
    The Jedi Academy Trilogy-Episode IX

>first Officially licensed star wars books

Actually, they're far from that. LFL licensed several books, not the least of which being the novelizations.

TC

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Read them all.

18. Ben_Max

Ben_Max Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    George Lucas has actually gone on record as saying that Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy is very close to what he'd want in 7, 8, and 9. The Thrawn trilogy has become considered what actually happened after the original trilogy. So it's considered what some call "REAL Star Wars."

19. thx1138-the-jedi

thx1138-the-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2001
    JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!! JEDI APPRENTICE!!!

20. Ben_Max

Ben_Max Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    What is it, exactly, that you're trying to say thx1138?

21. JADES_FIRE

JADES_FIRE Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I agree with thx1138 [face_shocked] The Trawn Trilogy is the best to start with. :D

Atleast I think that's the one she was trying to get across. :p
    Us aussies can be hard to understand occasionally. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.