main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You wouldn't believe it

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by Maumi, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Nothing is easy, nothing comes without sacrifice and risk, and i have no compation for those that think other wise.

2. brat-of-kansas

brat-of-kansas Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    *compation should be *compassion

in life the only true love i have found is the love of a friend.

they are worth the risk, they are worth the scarifice. i love them, they love me....i was wrong, forgive me, please?

friends last longer than time and space.

3. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    BoK,

I guarantee that there is someone around you, you may know them you my not, that is madly in love with you but just lacks the nerve to approach you because his feelings have been kicked around as well. Open your eyes and your heart and find this person.

Paul

4. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    ****jumps up and down with her hand in the air**** Can I have that too Paul? Do you think there is someone out there for me? LOL!

BOK! Good greif girl! You are young. Relax. I know that you don't think this right now, but it is true. You have your whole life ahead of you. Don't let this issue get you down. The way I see it, I am just not wasting my time on anyone who isn't for me. I may be alone for the rest of my life, but it's better then being in a relationship that isn't meant to be. Just be yourself BoK, and if they don't like it, they aren't worth your time.

Ice Queen

5. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    BoK,

I have to disagree with you. You know I was burned as well, twice in a roll.In fact I shared your exact same feelings. I believed I was going to be a old woman who lived in a scary looking house with alot of dogs, when I wasn't traveling the world

Plus I second what Paul said.

I believe there is a perfect match out there for someone. I also believe in what Lisa said. Love isn't a sign of weakness! Yes, it is a risk dear, but what in life isn't a risk.I'd rather take a risk, and lose, than not ever trying at all.

I'm not trying to get you to change your thoughts, I am just trying to give you something to think about.

6. Icarus_apex

Icarus_apex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Ok, as for foolishness, many foolish things are done for many reasons. Many foolish things are done in the name of love, and foolish things done in this most glorious and horrible of crusades are some of the most honest and noble things one can hope to do. (within reason, of course) If lovers are fools simply because they follow their hearts and surrender to their dreams, then I am proud to be a fool and will always be a fool.

Now, BoK, it's perfectly normal to feel this way and I think no apology should be necessary for just stating your feelings. After all, the wounded are often the most insightful. For proof, remember that the greatest art we have came from the broken hearted. It's odd to me that the same insitution can inspire such happiness and such tragedy. But, eh, this is what life is about. Right?

7. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Ok BOK let me tell you a little something all my life I have been teased about my chest and let me tell you it hurts I cry about it all the damn time. I have had some many guys turn me down because of it too, but I kept on looking because I knew that there was someone out there who would like me for me. And let me tell you Mike is the first guy who said I was so beautiful and he loved me body. No Brittany Spears body here, but I found someone. Yeah, guys think I am cute, but all because of my chest I get dissed. It sucks, but you know what would suck ever more if we all looked like Brittany. Guys keep your months shut. Any way, it would be a very boring world!!! And I am sure who would never no who was who because we would all be the same. Love is beautiful.

8. brat-of-kansas

Aug 6, 2001
    i'm scared of being myself and no one liking me because i out differently

9. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Joey, is so true and very sweet. You must have a very old soul to have so much insight at your age. :)

Ice Queen

10. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Yes Lisa....Yes there is even someone out there for you. God help him! :D

11. Icarus_apex

Icarus_apex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Yes Lisa, I'm a paradigm of virtue. Hah!!
    No, I've just seen a few things in my time here, as short as it may be. (hehe)

Bok, NEVER be afraid to just be yourself. I think you will find that if you do, people will be more drawn to you. Also, you can take pride in the fact that they like you for you and not some false exterior that you're hiding behind. Besides, (here come the cliches) if you don't love yourself, you can't expect anyone else to either.

12. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Oh hell! You want to talk about teasing? Try being this hight at the age of 15! Not to mention, I grew up in Hawaii, and with my pale skin? It was pure hell as a kid! But you grow up and you learn. I personally would never want to look like Brittany. The guys may not like it, but oh well. Salt N Peppa wrote a song that I just love. One of the phrases goes:

"Don't hate me because I am beautiful. Everybody is beautiful in their own special way. Carry yourself like a queen and you will attract a king. Beauty comes from within. Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, you will achieve. Do you believe that you are body beautiful? There aren't enough words to express how I feel. I am body beautiful, true that is for real. Am who I am and that's all I can be. Open up your mind so your eyes can see...We are all beautiful til you realize it. Can't you see the beauty in me? Open up your heart and set your mind free..."

It's all good. Most of us know that.

Ice Queen

EDIT: Paul! Bite me! I am not ALL that bad.
    BoK-listen to Joey, he knows what he is
    talking about.

13. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Well I guess I better put in my 2 cents about my feelings on love. I think a lot of us here know what it's like to be made fun of. I for one was made fun of throughout my younger years even into my teen years. I never had enough self-confidence about my appearance to even ask a girl out, but I had a great support group with my family and they helped to build me up. Growing up it always seem everyone had someone but me. And I don't know it hit me one day..."I'm HOTT!" Look at me I'm an attractive, intelligent, funny, charming guy, and I deserve better than this. I had my first date when I was 19, and a few months letter I found love in the summer of 01(hey that rhymes.) BOK I know it seems like everyone has someone but you but there is someone out there for you. Remember two things "Love is all you need" and "Time is on your side." It took me 19 years to realise it your time is coming. And Dena your HOTT!(no offense Mike!) And to Lisa it shouldn't be too long before you find a man because I know I am not the only lover of red heads!

14. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    BOK,
    We've never met in person but if we did you would see that I don't have a Brittney Spears body either, not even close! The funny thing about that is that my friends from high school tell me that until I got Lupus a few years ago, B. Spears reminds them of how I used to look! Supposedly that is what I looked like most of my life but I was always so insecure I never really believed it for myself & hated my own body. (now I pray everyday to have the old body back that I never wanted & the clothes... don't get me started on that!) Point is that if someone's insecure & unhappy inside it doesn't matter how pretty you are on the outside, you're never going to love yourself or attract the kind of people that are worthy of your love until you make peace w/ yourself. I may have never been lacking for attention or dates, but the type of guys I attracted weren't the quality of men I desired or deserved. It's like the biggest creep in the place had a radar & it would go off whenever I was around! Because I was so insecure I allowed myself to be treated poorly b/c I didn't think I could do any better. Through time & SEVERAL failed relationships later, I took the time to really get to know myself & what caused my insecurities & how to overcome them head on. I learned that no one is perfect on the outside or inside, & that as long as I'm happy w/ who I am I didn't need someone else to make me feel special. I surrounded myself w/ good quality people who encouraged me,supported me & loved me for who I was. Got rid of all the shallow ones. Got my relationship w/ God back on track & started to feel like a whole person again. Two halves may make a whole in mathmatics but not when it comes to people. If someone isn't a whole person before becoming part of a relationship they might end up in a lot of bad situations like myself. I don't have the body I used to have but I now have someone who loves me for the person I am on the inside.
    You seem like an incredibly intelligent person w/ a great sense of humor & wonderful heart! Sounds like you're going to make some lucky man very happy :) Now you just need to focus on you & what makes you happy & don't be afraid to go for it!

15. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    None taken Jacen ^_^

16. brat-of-kansas

Aug 6, 2001
    i understand everyone..it's just...you know that thing that happens to women that a man has to deal with....well it hit me really hard and now my horomones are turning me into a cry baby and a witch.

so i think what i've been posting is a combination of that and estrogen.

sorry :(

17. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    BoK

As far as I'm concerned, no apologies needed. Just know that everything is going to be ok.

18. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    BoK,

No need for appologies, you already asked once. Forgive and forget.

But even without meeting you or seeing you i can tell you all woman... wanna know how?

Because only a woman would change her mind so many times on a personal pic.. hehehe ^_^

19. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Everyone, if Mike2 starts posting incoherently here in a little while (more than his usual) - its probably because Dena slapped him upside the head for that Personal Pic comment.... :)

I know I would have gotten popped for saying it...

Oh and Dena, any guy that will criticize you for that isn't worth messing with in the first place, so don't let it get to you...

-Gary

20. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    *Feels a slap from behind*

21. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Jacen *Blush* [face_blush]

To Mike2 now you get a slap on the head, because yes BOK you do change it a lot!!! But that is ok!!! It's fun to see what different ones you pick! Oh and by the way, woman time sucks sweetie and please don't worry about thinking you have to be perfect. You know the girl from the 5th Element and Resident Evil, men seem to love to see her and when I found out just how many men liked her I was so happy, because take my face and put it on her body and you pretty much have me, and I always thought she was pretty, but never thought guys would, because well, she isn't Brittany. I bet that you a very pretty person. And trust me beauty comes in all different forms. Be yourself!!!

22. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Unless your Otto... then being someone else is probably a good idea.

23. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I thought I would post this for a little mind candy for the women. As beautiful as britney spears is she doesn't have it easy. She was dumped and cheated on by her boyfriend. She isn't taken seriously for her music because of how she looks. Is Britney's buxom blond look appealing? Yes, but so is the exotic look of Dena, and the tall(and leggy) fiery look of Lisa. Looks are often the first thing that catches our eyes, but not what makes us fall in love. My girlfriend is a beautiful red head, her outer beauty caught my eye but her inner beauty made me fall in love. It sounds cheesy but its true.

24. brat-of-kansas

Aug 6, 2001
    do i really change my icon that much? :eek:

ok soooo....i do...what can i say, i'm a natural woman :p

25. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    To the one I love

Where in this world could one hope to
    find the image so unique that all pale
    in compairison. You are all I ever