main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon YOU

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Larena_Jade, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Hey all, I have another topic idea! Here we can tell what we like to do, our hobbies, interests, what we are like, whatever, exc.

Ok, um...

I'm 16 years old and I go to high school part time(the rest I do on my own study time).

WHAT I AM INTO:
    I am a Star Wars Fan and a Jesus Freak.

I LOVE music!!! I play the guitar and keyboard. I am in the process of building up a "music room" where I can jam with friends and write more songs. I also have an interest in learning the drums(yeah!). I am music crazy, but ofcourse people around here aren't so I am not in a band right now, but I hope to be soon! My friend Kurt is in a band called Red Carpet and I'm jealous of him.

I do movies and skits on my video camera a lot, I love that thing. It used to never leave my sight.

I hope to be a missionary one day and go to China(DANGEROUS!!! YEAH!) or Russia.)

I do crazy things just for the thrill of it. Like jumping off 35ft. bridges, and taking just me my bag and my friends to go into the wilderness and camp out under the stars. We went to umqua falls once and jumped off the water falls at 2:00AM in the morning, it was pitch black and it looked like we were jumping into a black hole! Funny thing is, that was the name of the water fall, the Black Hole. LOL
    I worked at a FireWork Stand one year with my friends and we were in charge of "night watch", LOL, we ended up having cart races in the parking lot of Fred Meyers! The police came though and we had to stop, lol. As soon as he left we found something else crazy to do, have any of you ever ran through the sprinklers of Jack In The Box at 3:36AM?

Um... I'm also a Drama Geek(caught me!). Me and my friends make up really cool skits and perform them infront of our student body, some are humorous and some are really dramatic. The best one ever was when we did Bang Bang Your Dead, we had to get that one approved first! I was Emily, the dramatic one who got shot in the heart and came back to haunt the guy.

SO YEAH. I could say a lot more stuff that I like to do but that would be really long!

2. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Well, I'm 20 and I deliver newspapers in the early mornings in Jefferson. It's some easy money so I figured it would be a good job.

When I'm not delivering papers I normally sleep. When I'm not sleeping I go on the net and browse the boards. I normally come here or IMDB.com and talk about movies and games. When I'm not doing that, I'm working on getting my Star Wars fanfilm done.

My life is pretty boring, right now I'm at my gramma's in Hood River and it's pretty dang boring, the only thing to do is go on the net, watch the movies that I brought or read the gaming magazines that I bought.

I also have a cast on my foot which sucks cause I can't go anywhere unless my parents or brother are free and none of them are. I'm also going mad because I was going to buy a PS2 so I can finally buy Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (my favorite game of the year :) ), but all of the PS2's have vanished from the face of the earth.

Anyway that's about it, my life has become more boring and I have bcome more lazy since I got my cast on. Hopefully when I get it off, my friend and I can ahng out more and make more videos.

Peace.

3. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I'm 22 and a senior philosophy major at Oregon State University.

I'm interested in film and philosophy and am working on a research project with a professor on the topic here. I'm very active within our philosophy department and have taken a ton of classes here at the university. Far more than I need to graduate! haha. But I'm stuck with taking 180 total credits so I'm on my last term now. Should have my BS by March 18...

I'm then hoping to go to graduate film school to get my MFA in Film Production, at like USC or UCLA hopefully. It wouldn't hurt my cause any if I could win the Outstanding Philosophy Student award. I think I've done the work to warrant it and I'm definitely hoping it turns out that way. Before grad. school, though, I'm taking about 18 well-deserved months to myself to restart OrbitalReviews.com, my film review site, and try to bring it to prominence online as a leading source for reviews.

4. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I'm 16. Right now I'm taking driver's education to get my license. I play guitar and sing in a band called "The Aftermath," soon to play a bunch of shows, I play guitar in a band called "The Anti-Reason," which has played several shows but is on a break cuz the other guitarist is in drug rehab right now. I put together a band with two other friends just to perform at one of our school events. We might begin doing more, but for now we're just recording for our school's tudent CD. That band is called "The Feathers".

I'm into filmmaking. I've made tons of shorts (not very good ones), and am almost done with a special edition of my friends movie. No offense to him, but it wasn't very good, so I've been making it a lot better. He and I were planning a sequel, but I decided to drop from that project because I'm tired of this story line, and would like to devote more time to my music and my fan film I'll be filming this summer.

I'm a Junior in high school. I'm in our Jazz Band, Jazz Combos Class, Marching Band, Pep Band, Symphonic Band, and Drama Pit Band. I'm very into Band at school, obviously, and would like to major in Music in College. Actually, I'd rather major in Film, but Music is my second option.

So yeah, right now I'm studying for Finals, but soon I'll be starting the script for my new fan film. Star Wars rules. Later.

5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I think that when I get out of college I'd like to try to organize a small filmmaking club from our community here. There seems to be the interest among people here to do film-related projects and I'm sure that many people here have at least some talents or skills with editing, or camera work, or acting, or story ideas, etc.

For graduation, I'm getting an $11,000 Apple workstation for video editing. Basically it will be the best computer on the marketplace that money can buy. 8 gigs of RAM, 500 gig hard drive, dual 20 inch monitors, fastest Apple processor, etc. I also already have 500 and 1,000 wat studio lights (2 of these so far), a Canon XL-1S 3-CCD digital camcorder, and I'll have a lot of software for that Apple like Soundtrack, Garage Band, Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, etc. So what I will need is people who want to make movies and I'll supply the equipment, and am perfectly willing to let other people think of the stories, if they wish, or do whatever. I'm not insisting on being the writer or director necessarily, like we could do many projects and different people could have different roles, etc. It could be really fun and we could take a try at a Star Wars fan film.

6. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    That would be awesome. Even though I've done lots of films, none of them are good "quality" wise though because I don't have a very good editing system. So I might not be good in that aspect. But I DO have good ideas and I CAN act! I can help with everything else basically.

7. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Well, I can edit, direct and think of story ideas. I already have 5 different ideas, the only problem is they are either way to expensive/ambitious or I have trouble writing screenplays.

Let's see I got .....
    - Vampire movie 1 (Modern Day)
    - Vampire movie 2 (1984, My little cockroach)
    - Star Wars music video
    - Modern day Gangster film
    - Mystery/Old School Gangster film (going to be impossible, unless 1930's/40's style cars drop from the sky.)
    Plus the one Star Wars one I'm finishing up now.

I also just found out that my bro is moving to California soon to be a personal assistant to his friend who just got picked up to do a sitcom. My bro is going to be making 5 grand a month. So my bro said that he might throw some gifts my way, like video equipment and a good computer. Hopefully the show does well so I can get nice video things. [face_praying]

8. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
  9. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    We can scratch off one of my ideas that I forgot to put on the list. I had another Star Wars idea that was a take on "The Apprentice". With tons of dark Jedi and Jedi competing to become Palps Apprentice, but I browsed the fanfilms board and it looks like someone is already making one. "Blast my cursed body, I wasn't fast enough."

10. Rickthetamer

Rickthetamer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2002
    How could you possibly need 8 gigs of RAM? No program could fill up all that. Not for a good few years anyway. It makes sense to have a comp that won't go out of date for a long time, but 11k is quite an investment.

500 GB hard drive I can understand, but wowzers.

Anyway.

I'm 14 years old and I go to Sunset High.

I've been playing a lot of World of Warcraft lately.

My friends and I make violent indie films on weekends, for no real reason. We think it's funny. I think rewriting Tarantino films with ninja fight scenes and musical numbers is funny. I'm just pretty twisted that way.

I'm a 4.0 student. But I couldn't care less about school.

I'm a Christian, and also a cynic. It makes me very irritable in the early mornings, and very loud when I can get someone to listen to me.

The last two books I bought were "Nuclear Weapons and Foreign Policy" by Kissinger and The 9/11 Comission Report.

Most of my friends are girls, but none of them will ask me to the next dance. I'm one of those guys. You know one of those guys? I'm of 'em. I could be emo, but I don't buy CDs and it's hard as hell to find good emo music on the net. Dashboard Confessional is not good emo music.

I like Classic Rock, Indie Rock, and Jazz.

I like kung fu movies.

I love anime. I hate anime geeks. At least the girls. I could go on about that for a while. Let me tell you. Don't worry, I won't tell you.

My I.Q. is about 141. I waste it all.

I like to hunt and fish.

I like to complain about the weather, then call other people who complain about the weather wimps.

I have braces. I think they make me look sophiscated.

Raaaahhhh.

11. Rickthetamer

Rickthetamer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2002
    btw, the best think to do is shoot a movie in a suburban setting and call it post-ironic, even though that really doesn't mean anything. Just make everyone drive a minivan.

12. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I made a some-what violent film for my drama class and it got banned. It was at Salem Academy. The only violent part was me getting shot and then you see a close up of my chest with fake blood, then I get up and walk off. But for some reason they thought that was bad. I had to talk to one of the head honchos and he told me that there were acouple of the teacher's that thought it was sick, but most of the staff didn't care about it. What's strange is that when my brother went there, he made films 10 times as bad, yet they didn't have a problem with them. Man I really hate that Nazi school.

13. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    haha, that was a hilarious post Rick.

Well 8 gigs of RAM does make compiling go a lot faster. That isn't a processor related task, it just goes faster the more RAM you have. Sure, you can leave things on overnight if you have to or whatever, but it's nice to have that power at your fingertips.

I think the worst aspect of the computer is honestly the 500 gigs. That's not going to be enough for very long. I'll just get a bunch of externals when I need it, though, and 500 will probably be sufficient for a while anyway. I can't wait to have that computer, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.