main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You'd pick up hitch-hiking Jedi too, Admit it!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lilith Demodae, Apr 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    The Right Place at the Right Time

This is a cross-over fic inspired by Stacey Lee's In A Strange Land which can be found at http://www.qui-gonline.org/fanfic/StrangeLand1.htm http://www.qui-gonline.org/fanfic/StrangeLand1.htm

It's at the Beta reader right now and I will be posting it, probably tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by Lilith Demodae (edited 04-09-2000).]

2. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Title: The Right Place at the Right Time
    Author: Chaos
    Rating: PG (other sections will have higher ratings for violence)

Summary: A hyperdrive accident leaves Obi-wan and Qui-gon stranded on Earth (one that has never had the pleasure of watching Star Wars). This was inspired by Stacey Lee's IASL. It is a blatant Mary Sue, but I hope you will all enjoy it none-the-less.

Disclaimer: Qui-gon and Obi-wan and the universe they come from, along with their vehicle and all their luggage belong to George Lucas exclusively. They are respectfully borrowed with no intent to profit thereby or infringe on the copyright thereof.

Section 1

"Master, we're taking heavy damage. The shields are collapsing." The ship jolted under yet another hit and despite his extensive training, Obi-wan couldn't keep the note of urgency out of his voice. He spared a single moment for a hurried glance over his shoulder at the older man. "I can't out maneuver them with half our sublight engines out of commission." Another strong ion blast rocked their vessel, sending stray surges of energy skittering across the vessel's shields, underscoring the young man's words. The small, sleek shuttle raced away from the planet and the ship that had lain in wait for them.

"Are we far enough from the planet's gravity well to make the jump to light speed?" The low, lightly accented tone was calm, even.

"Yes, Master, but we don't have time to make the proper calculations. Whoever they are, they'll have us completely disabled long before the navicomputer is done processing the numbers."

"Make the jump. We'll drop out in a couple of minutes and take the time to properly calculate." Qui-gon's voice was a steadying rock in the storm of the attack and his apprentice clutched at it, not unlike a drowning man, and responded instantly, pulling back on the hyperdrive levers. The stars became fiery, glittering streaks as their speed accelerated exponentially and then they left normal space behind.

Obi-wan felt the tension leave his shoulders as the danger passed and he slumped back into his seat, only now realizing that he had been perched anxiously on the edge of it since that first shot had splashed across their shields. He flicked a switch to send their single astromech droid into action, repairing the damage they'd already taken. The young man turned to face his master's blue eyed regard. "Master, who would fire on us in that manner? They weren't trying to kill us, but disable us. Who could have known we were coming?"

"I don't know, Obi-wan. Several of our friends and the entire Council knew that we were going to Lyra on retreat. Who would want to try and capture two Jedi?" He watched as the young man shrugged, as perplexed as his master. Qui-gon glanced at the status readout on the ship. The damaged systems were slowly coming back on-line. "Did you get any sensor readings on that ship, Padawan?"

The sandy-haired young man turned to the main computer. "I didn't have time to check the scans during the battle, but I am sure that the computer will have any readings stored in recent memory. It will be an easy thing to retrieve the data when we return to Coruscant or any of the other Core worlds." He checked the chronometer and glanced at the droid's progress. "We should drop out of hyperspace and recalculate soon, Master. We don't want to risk bouncing through a gravity well and tearing the ship apart."

"Very well, Padawan. I leave it up to you."

Kenobi waited a few more moments. He wanted to make certain that the energy for the deflector shields was at maximum before dropping out of hyperspace. There was no telling what they might run into and he wanted them at full strength as soon after coming out of hyperspace as possible

He was reaching out to pull the hyperdrive levers back down to the stand-by position when the ship lurched spasmodically and a bright light flared across the cockpit viewport. There was a muted squeal of protest and alarm from the R2 unit in back and Kenobi heard at s

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Debrah, why do I have the sneaking feeling that your luck is about to change for the better? Not one, but two delectable Jedi are out there waiting for you to introduce them to Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, rocky road ice cream, and DATING! Go, Debrah, go!

I'm definitely looking forward to more of this, Lilith Demodae!

4. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Oh, great. Another must-read thread. Lilith Demodae I await more.

I give you my new story blessing
    Post often, post soon.

5. Ping

Ping Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 1998
    Eeep! You can't just run them over! Post more!!

6. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    No. Step on the gas, girl, and release your anger! Run them over! Muhahahahahahaha!

(Practices calming technique) Okay, okay. I will not succumb to the Dark Side. I will not succumb to the Dark...

Anyway, old idea or not, I know the story will be tastefully done. Keep posting!

7. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    Oh, this is really making me want to go to BYU. I hope that lady's circumstances in life aren't Mary Sue too... Anyway, I want to see this story come out.

Hey... Debrah's not in SCA by any chance, is she?

8. Jedi Igraine

Jedi Igraine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 1999
    Heh Lillith,

Excellent, excellent, excellent description.
    I just love how easy you make it for your readers to visualize their surroundings.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Boring. There isn't anything more boring than staring at nothing but brown dirt, brown rocks, and dead, brown plants with the occasional muddy, white salt flat, brown or fire blackened peak or muddy, brown gully to add variety. Hypnotically, the sun-faded white and yellow stripes strobe past in a continuous, unbroken pattern that never varies. The fence posts that line the road lean drunkenly, and the wire they support sags pathetically into the dust or mud that inevitably lines the roadway. The endless stretch of concrete and black-top races out to the horizon where the blued-steel sky arches down to seal in the heat and seal out any moisture. The only thing of that breaks up the monotony is the occasional big rig with attendant trailers that flashes past in the opposite direction, or the suicidal sports cars that flash past from behind.

I look forward to reading this both here and on the QGJDL.

Jedi Igraine

9. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    I had been thinking about doing something about Jedi coming to Earth, but I might wait for a little while since there's a couple stories out right now.

Good job!!! I like it!

10. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Thank you, everyone for your kind words.

Hiroko: Yes, as a matter of fact, she is SCA, but in RL circumstances aren't quite that bad.

I hope to post the next part in a few days. We'll see how much time final projects and studying for finals leave me.

http://www.geocities.com/blond_engineer/wolfmoon2.jpg -- LD

[This message has been edited by Lilith Demodae (edited 04-09-2000).]

11. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

Woohoo! Keep it up, Lil! I like your title.

12. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    &lt;Okay, here's the next part. It might be a week or so after that though, due to finals and stuff.&gt;

Section 2

All the surprised woman knew was that it took a few moments for her addled, wandering mind to register that there was something in the roadway and then it was a blur of frantic breaking, squealing rubber and smoking tires. Her head was twisted to the side, anticipating the worst, and her fingers clenched at the steering wheel with a white-knuckled grip. When she didn't feel that dreaded, horrible thump of hitting something live with a moving vehicle, the newly graduated engineer pried her eyes open and stared through the dusty, bug splattered windshield at the two men standing there. They looked about as surprised as she felt.

For a while they just stared at each other. She took in their appearance in the stunned silence that followed. They were wearing light tan tunics secured with a belt and robes of a darker brown. The wind howling across the desert whipped at their hair and plastered their robes to one side of their bodies. That would account for why they didn't hear me coming, she thought.

From the short distance of the driver's seat to only a foot or so from the front bumper she could see that both men had the most marvelous blue eyes. The older one didn't look to be more than thirty-five or so and his companion couldn't have been much older than seventeen. The older man had long brown hair and a short, neatly trimmed beard and moustache, both sprinkled with a bare tracing of grey. His companion, son maybe, had what looked like a slightly grown out crew-cut with a long braid hanging down his right shoulder from over his ear. When the young man turned his head to look at his companion, Debrah could see a short ponytail gathered at the back of his head.

"Waddya think, Jinx?" she asked the empty air. Well, actually it was the car she was addressing. Of course, there was no answer, but she hadn't really expected one. The day you get an answer from the car, Reimers, is the day you need to stop talking to it.

There was no sign of their vehicle anywhere. She hadn't passed one. Debrah was sure she would have noticed that large an anomaly in the passing excuse for scenery no matter what her mental state. They'd been facing down the road ahead of her, so she naturally jumped to the conclusion that they'd been dumped by some trucker that they'd been hitchhiking with. That theory made more sense than them walking all this way under their own power.

Debrah popped the door open and stood, half in-half out. She was ready to retreat back to the relative safety of locked doors, should they prove to be a problem, but for some reason she got the feeling that it wouldn't be necessary. There was such a calm, unthreatening aura about them that she didn't even edge her hand closer to the crowbar she kept strapped to the side of Jinx's driver's seat.

She looked at them and they looked back at her. She knew what they saw. Much as she liked to round up that last half inch, Debrah wasn't really five and a half feet tall. They saw a lean, but sturdy frame, her bones structure being too large for her to ever be able to acquire the slender, waif-ish look that was the current measure of beauty. Her honey-blond hair, framing a round face, was finally dipping past the bottom of her shoulder blades for the first time in years and her eyes, from any sort of distance, were a creamy, jade green.

"You guys okay?" Much as Debrah tried to keep her tone neutral, some of her surprise and confusion, not to mention concern, must have shown through.

The older of the two, now that she was standing the woman could see that he was every bit as tall as he had seemed when she'd been sitting, bobbed his head in a polite sort of miniature bow. Peace and tranquility rolled off the both of them in palpable waves. "We are unharmed." His voice was deep and soothing and Great Caesar's Ghost, that accent!

She heaved a deep sigh, partly relief, partly she didn't know what. "Thank goodness. I almost didn't see y

13. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    You're not serious, Lilith! A whole week until we get more of this delightful story? Arrgh!

So, Obi-Wan is 17 and Qui-Gon is about 35, with hair already going grey (thank you, Obi-Wan, looking after you seems to have aged me prematurely) and they both have "marital" training, huh? Sorry, couldn't resist, although I know you mean "martial". And yes, there is a dreadful lack of Celts in the whole Western U.S., for that matter. I like the way Debrah has to check that she's not becoming an accessory to kidnapping after the fact, and Obi-Wan's cheeky answer. In fact, I liked this whole post.

Are you absolutely sure it's going to be so long before we get more? I am not a Jedi and I AM NOT PATIENT! Try to slip some more in soon, please!

14. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    'Marital'?!?! Blast that stupid spell check!! Frosty, you were my beta reader, you were supposed to catch things like that!! Oh, and Qui just 'looks' 35-ish. The Force keeps them looking young. And grey hair is not a real good indicator of age. My oldest bro had grey hair before he graduated from highchool.

[This message has been edited by Lilith Demodae (edited 04-11-2000).]

15. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Ohhhh I really really like this story. Its awesome. Cool Obi is learning to drive. LOL

16. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Maybe Obi-Wan could learn to ride a bicycle somewhere along the line. I wonder if he'd get saddle-sore like I do.

17. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

Hey, I can't catch 'em all!! 'sides, my brain has this annoying habit of correcting minor mistakes like that mentally and not telling me.

Want me to post my biker Obi picture when the appropriate time comes?

18. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Now that she has the Jedi I wonder what she'll do with them. Hmmmm....

19. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    This is a PG rated story, Leona, just keep that in mind when you ponder such things.

Frosty, go ahead and post it when the time comes. Oh, wait, you haven't sent it to me yet. I wanna see it and I don't want to wait. Email it to me.

20. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Well I have an idea.
    Put Obi-Wan on a horse. ROFLOL
    That would be an INTERESTING site. ROFLOL

21. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    What I would give to see Ewan McGregor on a horse!! drool. . .

Actually, I read somewhere that one of the only sports he likes is horseback riding. And yes to you skeptical people out there, horseback riding is a sport!

22. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    I'm with you Amidolee lets get Ewan on a horse.

Yes I would LOVE to see a picture of that.
    I was also aware that he likes horses and horseback riding.

My kind of guy.

23. Jedi Master Jenn

Jedi Master Jenn Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2000
    I'm with you too Amidolee!

Yippee, riding, my most favorite sport.
    To think, Ewan galloping a horse across a field, wouldn't that be a perfectly gorgeous site to see!!

24. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lilith Demodae:
    Please don't stop talking! she begged silently.

LOL! Very well written. Looking forward to more! --AWK

25. Jedi Igraine

Jedi Igraine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 1999
    I am really lovin' this story and since everyone is offering up new things for Obi to learn how about teaching him to roller blade.

Igraine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.