main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You'd pick up hitch-hiking Jedi too, Admit it!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lilith Demodae, Apr 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Sith Lilith, another totally delectable post.
    I'm continually amazed at the imagination, the imagery you put down here, it's..it's awesome!!!
    I eagerly await more!!!

2. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    As Albert Einstein says is the movie 'I.Q' "WAA HOO!!!"
    I can see the post!!! I am VERY happy!!! Nice work! It was a GREAT post!!!
    I LOVED when Morgan was trying to 'Sell' the cabin boy! Obi's expression was priceless!!!

[This message has been edited by Tenel'Ka (edited 06-23-2000).]

3. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Ooh, the was wonderful! A good, long post too! Poor Morgan, has Obi in her clutches and Qui-Gon comes in. Even if she's a split personality, you do have to pity her. How old is Deborah again? Twenty-six, twenty-four? And Obi, I forgot that, too. 17 or 19, I can't remember.

Maybe Obi should sleep with the big dogs to be safe

4. Ping

Ping Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 1998
    Okay, it's time to let the cat out of the bag. Lisa, step forward!

*steps forward and waves*

I decided to tell you all that I'm Lisa. I hope someday to be as famous and rich as I am in this story! For now, I'm a starving almost-college-graduate and aspiring writer.

And I got to visit Lilith's house in CA and see the deck and the roof and everything. It was VERY cool. All we needed were a couple of Jedi helping us with Lilith's Jedi robes. But Liam on the TV wasn't bad, either.

5. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Okay folks, just to let you know, the next post will be the end of part one of this story. Part two is already in the beginning stages of production. I would like to thank you all for your very generous support nad kind words. I wouldn't have done it without you.

6. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Okay folks, here it is, the last section as promised. :) Enjoy, and please tell me what you thought!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Section 14

?Hey, Lisa. Mind if I borrow the car to go into town for an hour or so??

?Naw, go ahead.?

??Kay. I?m taking Jim with me. Be nice to Ben while I?m gone. Don?t embarrass him too much.?

?Who? Me?? The brunette stuck her head out of her workroom to smile at Debrah. ?I?ll be the very soul of propriety,? she promised.

Debrah chuckled and waved as she grabbed her wallet and sunglasses and headed out the door, Qui-gon right behind her. They climbed into the car and pulled out of the driveway.

?I should be able to get all the parts I need for the replacement circuit at a single store.? Debrah told the Jedi as they pulled onto the highway. ?There are several stores that cater to those of us who like to build everything from scratch or modify anything we buy so that it?s more efficient or will do more, or whatever.?

?Are there many people here like that??

?A few, more than I originally thought. For quite some time I thought I was hopelessly unique in the way I looked at things. Oh, I knew that there were other engineers out there in the world, after all, I had classes with a lot of them, but that?s not quite the same thing as seeing proof. And we engineers like proof. It wasn?t until my second to last year that one of my teachers mentioned something he did that bothered his wife and I said something like, ?Oh, so I?m not the only one who does that.? We discussed it a bit and I found out that quite a few of what I had always thought were just quirks of mine were attributes that could be applied to most any engineer.? She half-smiled wryly at her passenger. ?It made me feel quite a bit better.?

?And what is wrong with being different??

?Oh, nothing. Don?t get me wrong, I?m still quite weird as far as most people are concerned and that doesn?t bother me. I?m used to it, seeing as how I?ve been that way all my life. But there?s a comfort in knowing that somewhere out there is someone who thinks like I do and sees the world the way I do.? she shrugged. ?Keeps me from feeling so alone.?

?And if you didn?t know this??

?I?d still be weird.? She tossed a wry smile at him and pulled around a slow moving Buick. ?Ain?t nothing gonna change that. But, I imagine it would be a great deal harder to make myself be civil to all those pathetically normal people that inhabit this planet.? Debrah?s eyes twinkled merrily and Qui-gon smiled in reply. ?As it is, I don?t understand how they can live their neat, tidy, normal little lives and not notice that they?re missing something.?

?And what are they missing?? But Debrah could tell that the Jedi Master already knew what they were missing, he just wanted to hear her say it.

?The elves that are hiding under that tree,? she pointed out the window, ?and that man up there, in the blue Volvo, he?s a werewolf. He?s one of the best stockbroker?s on the west coast, mind you, but watch out when the moon is full. And see that bridge they?re building there? It?s being built to five times the safety tolerance so that no one will get hurt from it collapsing, but the concrete they?re using is heat sensitive. It will expand and contract and expand and contract until one day, it will crack and fall.

?My life is both more and less sure than most people?s because I can see the possibilities, good and bad.? She paused a moment to think before continuing. ?And I don?t believe that I would have it any other way.?

?Many people go their entire lives without coming to such peace with themselves. It is a rare gift.? Qui-gon remarked.

?Probably about as rare as people like me are,? Debrah laughed.

?Something tells me that you would have been a great Jedi had you been born in the Republic, Debrah.?

?Perhaps, but the stodgy types who are always in charge of such organizations would have very often been disapproving of my attitude, I think.? Qui-gon smiled again, forcing back a chuckle at the thought of Master Windu?s reaction to bei

7. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Awesome! Absolutely awesome. Seriously....that was great!!!! I greatly look forward to the sequel. :)

8. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Okay, I just noticed that in all my old posts, the end of each section seems to be missing! ANd there's no italics or bold!! I'm scandalized, completely scandalized!!

So, for your reading pleasure, I have uploaded my entire story onto a web-site, with the italics and bold intact, where you can read the whole thing, or anything else I've managed to upload so far. I would continue to enjoy any feedback you wish to give me here, though. :)

www.geocities.com/blond_engineer/Fiction.html

9. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Very Cool CAn't wait for part 2

10. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Excellent Lilith!

I am anxiously awaiting part 2! I hope it's soon!

11. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    Still lovin' it.

12. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    I was so surprised when I saw this was the lst section, but boy, what excitement!!!

I can't wait to see Deborah in their galaxy.

Stellar job Lilith.

13. Deborah

Deborah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2000
    That was terrific! Can't wait for Part II

14. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    I hope this works. I don't really know what I'm doing in this forum yet.

Cool! From the imaginativeness of the first part, I can't wait to see what you've got cooked up to happen in the Star Wars universe.

15. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    I get a headache from just reading that! ;)

Oh, yes, there is a new "activist" group called SAVE THE SMILEYS, INC. Please tell your friends. We need our smileys back here! We need to convince SnowBall to put smileys on Snowboard.

Thank you.

AWESOME job, Lilith! You make the EU authors that have work published a shameful sight. This thread has had more thrilling adventure and character build-up than any of the SW books out there. Keep up ther great work!

16. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Thank you!!! Everyone, You guys are the best. Your comments and feedback have made this so much easier than I had ever thought it might be. You guys are what makes this worthwhile!

Anybody interested in a teaser for the next part? I haven't got much written yet, so it'll be a while (probably 6 months or more) before I start posting it, but I have enough for a suspenseful teaser if enough of you are interested.

17. Deborah

Jun 24, 2000
    Oooh yes, please!

18. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    yes, PLEASE! and it had BETTER be less than 6 months! This was a GREAT story, I really enjoyed it, as did my sister, who I made read it. THANK YOU!!!

19. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    "Don't even think about it, Qui-Gon Jinn."

You tell him, Debrah!

Wow! Another post full of suspense, good characters, and a near-miss happy end. I can't find the right words to express my admiration for this story. All I can manage is a weak 'wow' or maybe 'more'. Do I want to be teased for the next six months while you write up Part 2?

Yes...no...yes...no...Yes! Definitely! Yes!

Quick now, before I change my mind.

20. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Okay, one teaser coming right up . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teaser for Part II

Who attacked the Jedi, forcing them to flee to hyperspace? Will Debrah get back home? Will the Jedi manage to heal their new friend?s mind? Find out in Part II (as yet unnamed) where Debrah, Qui-gon and Obi-wan must discover why Jedi are disappearing without a trace.

. . . .

She was humming softly to herself as she tightened down the last bolt, when Debrah stopped suddenly, a small slight sound breaking through her concentration. The sound was wrong, out of place in the silent, dimly lit docking bay. Fear rose quickly within her, threatening to overwhelm everything else. She was certain that someone had tried to separate her from the Jedi in the spaceport when they had arrived, and here, after hours, in the quiet, empty docking slip would be the perfect place to try again.

The sound repeated, closer. The blond felt a strange jolt of excitement and anticipation, frightening because these emotions were not her own. Footsteps grated nearby. Adrenaline flooded her system, a hushed voice whispered outside in the bay, then Debrah knew only blackness.

21. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    EEP!! That teaser was cruel Lilith!! Now I'll have to wait as impatiently as possible for the Part ll!!!! BTW Those last posts were really awesome, chocked full of the good stuff- action, adventure, hot Jedi... :D :D Anywho I said it before and I'll say it again, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PART ll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    Lilith, you're mean.

I have a date for my Provo visit: Aug. 4-7. Who-all's going to be there?

23. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Come one, I -know- there are more of you out there who have read this. I want feedback!!!

24. Deborah

Jun 24, 2000
    It was great, and I really enjoyed reading it. I can't wait for the next part, but I'll try to be patient.

I'd like to know what the Jedi really thought of Earth! And what Debrah will think of their galaxy.

One thing's for sure, if I had the chance, I would've gone with them, too.

25. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    **Reads teaser with excited grin, then frowns**

Six months...did she really say six months????

Too long, Lilith, way too long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.