main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You'd pick up hitch-hiking Jedi too, Admit it!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lilith Demodae, Apr 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Hiroko: Sorry, no. It would take quite a lot of money to get me to be in Utah during the summer. I like my mild, cool, Cali climate, thank you. I will be there next year for shcool, though.

2. LadyJedith

LadyJedith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    It's absolutely matchless! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Something is only worth what you are willing to give up for it.Marvelous, exciting, terrific post, it is!!! Thank you, Lilith!

3. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    Shoot! And I was so looking forward to an intro to this Laughing Buddha dude.

4. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    *snerk*

Okay, sorry, more inside joke stuff. Seriously. I could tell you who the Laughing Buddha was, but then I'd have to kill you.

5. Master Po

Master Po Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2000
    An interest in meeting the Laughing Buddha? I think perhaps this can be arranged. Beware, though, for few have looked upon the face of the Laughing Buddha and lived.

laughing_buddha@go.com

6. Ping

Ping Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 1998
    *snickers* Look! Master Po killed the thread! Hahahahah!!!!

7. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Wow, those last posts were sooo good Lilith!! I had tears in my eyes with the first one because of how well the emotions were potrayed and there was a song playing on my sister's radio that added to the atmosphere of it. And I LOVE all the Utah references, because I can relate to them. Especially not being able to see many stars in the sky, the mall's light affects my neighborhood too. tongue.gif (which is frusterating since I'm trying to find constellations for my astronomy class.) And Hiroko, your comment cracked me up on the fact that Utah families are grown big, I have 7 kids in my family. hehe

8. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Hmmm, I thought I had posted, *(if this is a double post, just roll your eyes at my ignorance. ) but the forum lay out told me differently. tongue.gif Anywho, those last posts were soo good Lilith!! The first one brought tears to my eyes. You potrayed Debrah's emotions so well, and my sisters radio was playing a song that went along so well with the tone. And Hiroko- Your comment about Utah families being big cracked me up, especially since I have 7 kids in my family.

9. Derisa Ollamhin

Derisa Ollamhin Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2000
    Well, if Utah's out, how about An Tir West War, the first weekend of July? Anybody?

Kaline Faes

10. Master Po

Master Po Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2000
    *boot to the head*

11. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Tops.......lots and lots of tops all spining very fast (don't ask I don't know)

12. Ulberymay

Ulberymay Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2000
    This definately belongs at the...
    TOP.

13. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

There's six in my family, and one of the first questions I get asked is "Mormon or Catholic?" Hehehee...

No wars around here, but I'm going to the biggest RenFaire in the area. :p I'm not sure...is Colorado still part of Artemesia?

Keep it up, Lil! (And keep me posted on the section I sent you for beta reading!!)

Frosty

14. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

I'm totally hooked on this one!! Can't wait for more!!

15. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Frosty: I've got it all done, I just have to re-open your email and insert my comments for you. I'm sorry it's taking so long, but I've been without and internet connection for a few days. :p

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Eat! Eating is almost as important as an internet connection!

16. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I've got it all done.

I sure hope your talking about this story Lilith and I hope Frosty is the last stop before posting.

Hurry, Frosty!!!

17. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Well, Frosty is my magnificent, wonderful, too perfect to be believable, Beta reader, but no, I was talking about the beta read I was doing for her story.

18. JediofJade

JediofJade Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 1999
    I'm lovin' this!

19. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Oh, come on! I've been gone a week and there's no update

20. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Hidden post?

21. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Okay, folks. I haven't had access to my home computer for the whol weekend, and thus haven't had access to the right wordprocessor and so on and so forth.

That will change tonight.

I will post another section when I get home from work today.

Thank you for your lack of patience.

22. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Come out, come out, wherever you are!

23. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    We look forward to more!!! Hurry and post!!!

24. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Here I was all set to post and it looked like the servers were down again. :p Thank the Force they're not!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Section 13

It was just songs and idle chatter all the way to the Faire site. Most of the songs were delivered in Morgan's lilting soprano and were accompanied by giggles and laughter from both women. It became increasingly clear that many of the songs were some sort of inside joke and both Jedi remained perplexed and mystified as to their meaning. Obi-wan gave up trying and just enjoyed the music and joined in on the choruses whenever it seemed appropriate. Qui-gon sat back and relaxed, but did not sing.

Morgan called him on it just as Lisa was steering the car into the parking lot for the site. She twisted around in her seat and pinned the tall man with a topaz stare. "What is the matter, Jim? Do ya nae like ta sing or do ya have a tin ear?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"Beg all you like," she purred, "tis the proper attitude for a man ta have. But ya did nae answer my question." Lisa snorted out a poorly concealed laugh and tried to keep her face straight while she concentrated on parking the car.

"Why did ya nae join in the singing?" Deep blue eyes sparkled with malicious glee. "Afraid we'll find out ya can nae carry a tune in a bucket?"

"He sings very well, Morgan." Obi-wan jumped to his master's defense without delay. "He just, well, he just."

"He's just a stick in the mud, ya mean?"

Qui-gon simply stared back at the outspoken woman, his face unreadable, but Obi-wan's jaw dropped, then snapped shut again as he stifled burgeoning laughter. Yes, it was true. His master was of similar temperament to his master. Yoda had never, verifiably, cracked a joke that anyone in the Temple had ever heard. Qui-gon took life and his duties as a Jedi very seriously. "No, he's just a serious sort of person and many of your songs were most definitely not serious."

Morgan nodded her head. "Aye. He's a stick in the mud. Loosen up, old man. Enjoy life while ya have it. We all have responsibilities ta attend ta, but one of those is ta actually live while our bodies still breathe."

With that, she popped open her door and slid out of the vehicle. Lisa and the Jedi were quick to follow and soon the whole group were on their way toward the ticket booths. The women in the booths greeted Lisa by name.

"Sven!"

"Well met!"

"Writing anything new?" The brunette introduced everyone and many of the young ladies eyed Obi-wan appreciatively.

"That vest more of your handy-work, Sven?"

"Aye, and the executioner as well. Not a bad bit of stitchery, if I do say so myself." A dozen eyes traveled up and down both outfits and there were sighs of envy, both for the cut of the cloth and the measurements that must have been necessary for the proper fit.

"Well, if he wants any help getting out of it later, we would be more than glad to oblige him." A buxom red-head gave the young Jedi a come hither stare and a playful wink and he reddened from neck to hairline. That only set off a round of twittering and giggles.

"Look, Kaitlyn, you made him blush."

"I can think of other things I'd like to make him do."

"Alright, ladies," Morgan turned spoke suddenly. "Enough teasing. He's a Faire virgin. Treat him gently."

"In that case, you'd best go on in. We won't keep him out a minute longer."

"We've been greedy to keep the sight of him to ourselves." Their money was waved away and they were passed through without purchasing tickets.

"Well, I guess that it's good to mention Faire workers by name in novels," Lisa commented as she led the other three into the Faire proper. "That one sold very well in areas the Faire visits."

"Aye. I can see where it might be a good thing at that." Morgan commented. "Come, boys, we've lots ta see and do ere closing time. And I don't want ta miss a single heartbeat's worth of it."

She slipped her arm through Obi-wan's and swished her way forward, her emerald skirt just sweeping the ground behind her. Lisa and Qui-gon trailed a

25. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    ARGH!!! I CAN'T SEE THE BLOODY POST, and I have been sitting here, waiting FOREVER!!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.