main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends You'll Be In My Heart (L/M) HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by rogue11lovesjag, Dec 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Title: You'll Be In My Heart
    Author: rogue11lovesjag
    Timeframe: Various times in the NJO.
    Characters: Luke/Mara
    Genre: songfic
    Keywords: Luke, Mara
    Summary: Mara and Luke reflect upon their son.

Disclaimer: It's not mine. The GFFA isn't mine, the song's not mine...*wails* None of it's mine! and yadayadayadacrunchygranola.

EDIT: Forgot all the above. :)

Well, here we go, my customary New Year's fluff piece. It's actually inspired by my mom's friend, who is getting her adopted baby tomorrow, and they are so excited.

Happy New Year! Enjoy!

~Rogue

The baby cried, and she rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet, flipping the blanket over her shoulder, whispering soothing sounds towards the child. Despite the cries, she couldn?t help but smile at this miracle child. Born out of unending love and hope, he was the promise of light in a darkened galaxy.

Come stop your crying
    It will be all right
    Just take my hand
    Hold it tight

She didn?t know why he was crying, but she guessed part of it was that he was picking up on the charged atmosphere in the other room where his father was mediating a dispute between arguing factions of Jedi, smoothing over ruffled feathers as only he could do, and it only served as a reminder of the danger they lived in now, and fear rolled up into a little ball in her stomach at the thought that someone or something could take this child from her.

Never.

I will protect you
    from all around you
    I will be here
    Don't you cry

Ben?s cries quieted, and she smiled again at him, as his impossibly blue eyes stared back up at her, blue eyes that looked just like his father?s, under red hair reminiscent of her own auburn tresses. She bounced him gently in her arms, and he laughed, and she laughed along with him, letting him grab her finger. He held on tightly, even as she sat down in the rocking chair his uncle had stolen from somewhere for her, wrapping him up in his blanket.

For one so small,
    you seem so strong
    My arms will hold you,
    keep you safe and warm
    This bond between us
    Can't be broken
    I will be here
    Don't you cry

His father entered the room, having shooed his guests away, and the wearied look on his face disappeared to one of pure delight at the sight of his wife and child, her head bent over Ben, talking to him, a soft side to Mara Jade that few would have believed possible. He paused, leaning against the door frame to soak up an image that he would keep in his mind, a veritable picture album of love, first with Mara, and now with Mara and Ben.

'Cause you'll be in my heart
    Yes, you'll be in my heart
    From this day on
    Now and forever more
    You'll be in my heart
    No matter what they say
    You'll be here in my heart, always

Perhaps they were the most unlikely couple ever to get married, or so Coruscant Hourly had named them. It didn?t matter. Mara Jade dismissed such reports as irrelevant. She?d been Emperor?s Hand for too many years, and she had a lot of living to catch up to.

A lot of loving to catch up to. And Luke and Ben were the perfect recipients of that love.

Why can't they understand
    the way we feel
    They just don't trust
    what they can't explain
    I know we're different but,
    deep inside us
    We're not that different at all

Glancing up at her husband standing there against the door frame, she was once again struck by his unassuming wisdom and grace, as he crossed the room. She handed him the baby, and he swung Ben over his head, letting the baby giggle at him, and he laughed, swinging him again, turning around the room. She?d always known Luke was going to be a good father. Now, she was having an opportunity to see how good of a father he was. And he was loving every minute of it.

And you'll be in my heart
    Yes, you'll be in my heart
    From this day on
    Now and forever more

Mara stretched out on the bed next to the sleeping baby, gently stroking his silky hair. Luke was lying on his other side, his eyes shut, gently snoozing with

2. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    That was so sweet!!!! :D I really loved it! :) [face_love]

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I loved this! I was confused as first where it took place but then I reread it and realized it took place during Star By Star, Rebel Dream and ?Unifying Force.

4. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Very very sweet :D Well done.

Happy New Year all!

EJ

5. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Very sweet, Carr. :)

6. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Jaina/Jag, Thank you!

Jedi_Liz, yeah, I understand. I went back and put all the beginning stuff in, so it should clarify things a bit.

EJ, :D

Gabri, Thanks!!

~Rogue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.