main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Young Anakin, Vader, Chewbacca, & Boba at National Comic Book, Art, & Toy Show: Nov 19-20-21

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by karenbigapplecon78, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karenbigapplecon78

karenbigapplecon78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2004
    THE NATIONAL COMIC BOOK, ART, & SCI-FI SHOW: SERVING UP THE VERY BEST IN COMIC BOOKS, CELEBRITIES, AND SURPRISES!

(The National Comic Book, Art, and Sci-Fi Expo, the East Coast?s Largest Comic Convention, returns to NYC this Nov 19-20-21: Fri-Sat-Sun with Superheroes, Superstars, Super Artists, and Lots and Lots of Comic Books?Making for a Super Great Time!)

(New York City, Nov, 2004) ?The National Comic Book, Art, & Toy Show, the East Coast?s Largest Popular Arts convention, returns to New York City, the weekend before Thanksgiving, with a cornucopia of Guests and Events! On November 19-20-21: Fri-Sat-Sun, over 100 Comic Creators, Celebrity Guests, 300 Tables of Comic/Collectible/Sci-Fi Merchandise, Films, Anime, Gaming, Giveaways come together for the Big Apple?s biggest show yet!

The National pays tribute to Star Wars Epi. III: Revenge of the Sith, with a special celebrity guest lineup featuring Jake Lloyd (young Anakin Skywalker), David Prowse (Darth Vader), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), and Daniel Logan (young Boba Fett). Hungry for more? Well, if Vampires are something you can really sink your teeth into, meet Buffy the Vampire Slayer?s Robia La Morte (Jennie Calendar) and Angel?s Mark Lutz (The Groosalug). The National has every sort of of Angel, even the leggy variety. Meet Charlie?s Angel Tanya Roberts, returning 2005 cast member Midge of That 70?s Show. Or Thank God for the Disco, with Saturday Night Fever?s Karen Lynn Gorney. If you?re too shy to hit the dance floor, then Hit the Books and Swap formula?s with Nickelodeon?s Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius?voice actress Debi Derryberry. Join these, and many more guests to be announced!

The National also offers the year?s greatest array of comic book artists. Comic Legends Neal Adams (Batman, X-Men), Gene Colan (Iron Man, Blade), Jim Starlin (Capt. Marvel), Basil Gogos (Famous Monsters of Filmland), John Romita Sr. (Spiderman), Howard Chaykin (American Flagg), Bill Sienkiewicz (Electra Assassin), Kyle Baker (New Yorker illustrator, King David), Adam Hughes (Wonder Woman), Michael Kaluta (The Shadow), Mike Grell (Green Arrow), Joe Lindsner (Dawn), Billy Tucci (Shi), Dick Ayers (Sgt. Fury), Klaus Janson (Daredevil), and 100 More Incredible Creators will all be in Attendance: Sketching, Signing, and Meeting Fans. All Artists at the show will be contributing to a fantastic Sunday art auction in support of ACTOR, a charity fund designed to aid retired comic book creators.

The National presents a diverse array of panels, workshops, and programs of every interest including: How to Write Comic Books with Clockmaker author Jim Krueger, How to Draw Super-Heroes with Rich Buckler Sr., Superman on the Couch with fr. Spidey editor Danny Fingeroth, and dozens of interviews with today?s hottest artists and illustrators. On Saturday, Saturday Night Live animator Bill Plympton, will host a viewing of his new animated skit Guard Dog and other Plymptoons. As well, there will be a preview of the highly acclaimed comic book documentary film, Sex, Lies, and Superheroes. The National also highlights All-Day Yu-Gi-Oh Sneak Preview Gaming with Upper Deck, All-Day Anime Theater, Quick-Draw Contests, Giveaways, a Heroic Costume Contest, and much more!

As a Special Event, on Sunday, The National, with the help of MoCCA, brings together one of the Greatest Comic Book Interviews of All Time, a must see for any Dark Knight fan, Artistic Giant, Neal Adams will be interviewed by Sin City author Frank Miller!

Asked to comment about the show, promoter Michael Carbonaro exploded, ?People are going to be talking about this show for years to come! It?s going to be the greatest! And there are lots surprises we haven?t even announced!?

A NYC establishment, The National Comic Book, Art and Sci-Fi Expo has over the last 7 years grown into one of the country?s largest comic book shows with an annual attendance of 12,000 people. The National is hosted by Big Apple Conventions, a group committed to creating awareness and appreciation of comics and related pop art fo

2. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Generally this would be spamming but I'll leave it here since it's relevant to NYC. If someone wants it locked, let me know :)

3. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Can we at least have a public caning? What about 20 lashes with a wet noodle? lol

4. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    You first :p

hehehe

5. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Is this con worth heading down from Rochester, NY for? Have any of you folks down there been to one of these before? This is the first time I've heard of it and was curious especially with the SW guests. Thanks!

~Doc_Bev

6. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    <blush> [face_worried]

7. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Check the MEPA invasion thread Nicky. I don't wanna talk about it on this thread. ;)

8. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    This "convention" is worth going if you want to meet the celebs and if you are interested in paying scalper rates for collectables and comic books.

There are very few costumed people and next to no activities.

The main reason it is worth it is because many MEPA members will be there and we will make it FUN :)

The above is only my opinion :p

9. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I'll be there!

*waits for everyones shocked faces for the fact that Sam is going to an event*

10. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    :eek:

How's that?

11. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I might actually make the 19th date. Depends on if I actually get another day off that week. :D

12. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Hello New Yorkers. I would like to make it known to you that two members of the New Haven county, Connecticut Fan Force will be at the show. Perhaps meeting up? We are still a fledgling FF so it'll just be me and my friend TJ who is known here as BlueMilkRunner.

13. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Excellent! That means Tim & I won't be the only foreigners there. ;)

14. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

Mar 13, 2004
    How will we all find eachother?

15. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    I'll be wearing this

[image=http://www.f16warbird.com/joeleia.jpg]

16. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

Mar 13, 2004
    You and how many other people? :p

I'll have my custom made Darth Vader black T-shirt that says, "You don't know the power of the darkside." I created it, and no one else should have one. My friend will be wearing a shirt with Chewbacca on it, also custom made, that reads, "Have you hugged your wookie today?" I will also be wearing a blue Star Wars hat.

Heres a pic of me for further reference. I'm on the far right.

Me

17. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Please, Joe, we have to put an end to that!

18. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    OMG Joe I need to pour Clorox in my eyes now...ROFL

19. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Admit it Meri, you think I'm hot! lol

20. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    That's HAWT...especially that wig...so suave.

21. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Thankee! Chicks dig a guy who's not afraid of showing his feminine side. LOL!

If I was "throwing the horns" in the pic, you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.

See, because I'm cool yet I'm hot. I'm both. I'm....

HOOL!

8-}

22. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Joe

Seek help please LOL :p :p

23. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    John, you'd just better get ready because we're coming to your town next!!!! Mwahahahahah!

24. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    ::blinks::

Wow.. im not sure whats worse.. seeing Joe as Leia.. or Spat as Leia.. LOL

25. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Be careful of what you wish for Sam. T-minus 6 days and counting.

Be scared. Be very scared. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.