main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

young anakin

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by battlewars, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    was it stupid for the jedi to take anakin away when he was so old?

2. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    I think the correct question would be "was it stupid for the jedi to take anakin away when he was so OLD?..."

3. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    What is your definition of stupid?

It was a mistake, at the very least. The only reason he gets trained is because Qui-Gon insisted Obi-Wan do it. I think Yoda relented because he was afraid Obi-Wan would train Anakin anyway without the council's approval. This would have put the Jedi Council in a very awkward position. They would have had to punish Obi-Wan somehow, maybe even expel him from the Order. I think Yoda, who is a master diplomat, was just picking his battles. What would be worse to Yoda at that point: training a boy whose future is clouded, or expelling a Jedi with as much potential as Obi-Wan? I think a rogue ex-Jedi is much more dangerous in the long run to Yoda since he didn't know what would happen to Anakin at the time.

4. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Yes because he was not the chosen one, Quigon was. They should have thanked him for being so selfless and then left him on tatooine to die a slave.

5. battlewars

Mar 5, 2005
    its better than plunging the galaxy into darkness

6. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Leave Anakin to die a slave on Tatooine? Awfully cruel thing for the supposed heroes of the stories to do. I'm all for shades of grey in the PT, but that certainly would've put a damper on my sympathetic feelings to the Jedi of the PT.

I don't think it was stupid, per se, but I don't think Anakin should have been a Jedi. Rescuing him was a kindly, well-deserved effort. Training him, though...might have been much easier to set him up with a foster family and just let him grow up to do what he wanted. The Council allowed Obi Wan's stubborn will and their own fear of the Sith to direct their actions, and it led to ill ends.

7. Joeykin_Starrunner

Joeykin_Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2005
    How was Qui Gonn the chosen one?

8. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    It was the Jedi who took him away. It was Qui-Gon Jinn, a maverick Jedi Master with lots of insight and wisdom. He had a feeling that Anakin was the Chosen One and he had potential to be a great Jedi. But I don't think it was wrong. Anakin deserved better than a slave's life and he needed to be free. Qui-Gon felt it was the right thing to try to set him free and nuture whatever Jedi abilities the boy may have had.

9. battlewars

Mar 5, 2005
    i'm sorry i forgot he was a slave

10. DarthRhyno

DarthRhyno Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    If it was stupid to train Anikin at his age, then Obi-wan must have been really stupid to want to train Luke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.