main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Young Apprentice hailing from Toronto!!! :)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Apprentice_15, Sep 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apprentice_15

Apprentice_15 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2002
    I just stumbled upon this and was surprised to find it. I recently got into Star
    Wars and always wanted to be aprt of something like this. I hope to chat with
    some of you guys very soon!

2. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Welcome to the forum dude.

EDIT:

But be wary, there's talk of some nutbar abroad that's trying to convert all the Toronto long liners into RPG gamers...

3. Apprentice_15

Apprentice_15 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2002
    I don't play Role-playing games.

4. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Well RPG's are what gives the imaginative their power. Its an improv story created by all gaming folk, it binds drama, and creative though together.

Gary Guygax wuold have wanted all modern youth to have this, but certain social groups wouldn't allow it. They feared they might follow the staff of Wizards of the Coast on some damn fool idealistic crusade like the 80's generation did.

*Presents a plastic tube containing various dice*

These are the tools of a player character. Not as clumsy or random as a deck of cards. An elegant tool in drama for a more intellectual age.

Since 1973 RPG'ers around the globe have used the d20 dice system to broaden their social awareness. Before the dark times. Before Nintendo...

5. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
  6. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey welcome to the boards!

There a few Introductions threads abouts that will help you catch up on who some of us are and introduce us to who you are. Also, information on the group can be found at our website, www.thetorontoline.com

7. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Welcome to the forum... And perhaps the life.

8. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

Heya! i'm elewyn, also known as Christina, 5th year University of Toronto Student and feverent bookstore employee :p and finally i get a chance to say i LOVE my job lol. I just started arriving at the boards in april and there are so many great people here i know i've made friends for life, some of my best friends post here!!! and i'm so proud to be able to say that!!

SO keep posting! never know what you're going to find!

WELCOME!!! :) (big hug)

9. phalstar

phalstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    Heheh... welcome! For starters I guess you can read the introductions w/ a twist thread and try posting there to get started, though that would mean inturrupting Duker and Will's back and forth posts :) Look forward to seeing you at an event or something!

How come I didn't get a welcome like that Christina!?!? :p

10. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Come to think of it Phalastar, neither did I!

(and no, it doesn't matter that I've been on the board years before Christina arrived!)

11. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Hi Apprentice 15, glad you could join us. You are now part of the tribe. Yub yub.

There's some fun stuff in the works over the fall, so you've joined us at just the right time.

First there's Star Wars on the big IMAX screen. A 50' tall Yoda is just the way to start things off right. We've got a couple other movie nights coming up - what with Harry Potter, LotR and Trek all coming out in the next three months.

As well, it's almost about time for another Star Wars Games Day/Swap Meet out in the wilds of Mississauga.

Hope we get to meet you live and in person.

12. Duker_Duck

Jul 25, 2001
    Wild's of Missisauga are about as wild as... Well Etobicoke.

13. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Nice to meet you, Apprentice! (and I don't recommend reading all those intro posts, it goes nuts after a few pages!)

I'm in second year at Western but I still try and come back for stuff when I can (though it's hard living 2 hours away). Hope to meet you in person soon!

14. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

*Christina gives big hugs to Glenn and Ken*

:) there you go! happy belated welcome...or whatever to people who were here before me, but i'm still glad to know :D

15. phalstar

Apr 14, 2002
    Yeah! :D

Totoro, Totoro.... Totoro, Totoro...

16. Jedi_Sheridan

Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    I dont game much at all but I am slightly addicted to Jedi Knight 2 since I can sit there slicing the Storm Troopers into little tiny bits :D. Man AM I morbid or what ;).

17. Duker_Duck

Jul 25, 2001
    Wrong type of gaming.

And if you think that morbid.... Well I don't feel like having my hat stolen again.

18. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    But he CAN be molded Mr. Duck...

Tell me Mr. Sheridan, do you like Star Wars?

;)

19. Duker_Duck

Jul 25, 2001
    No, look at the name. Sheridan. Meaning he likes B5.

20. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Haha Debbie, now you're ours...in fact you rule us...hmm

21. Imperial_Lackey

Imperial_Lackey Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2002
    Hey there, greetings from downtown Toronto. I'm also new to these boards, and the city. But minus the introduction, i was just wondering if the attack of the clones IMAX version will be playing at the paramount IMAX. Considering its a 5 minute walk for me, it be nice to know if it was going to be there, thanks :)

22. Duker_Duck

Jul 25, 2001
    Yes it is supposed to be.

23. phalstar

Apr 14, 2002
    Hey there Imperial Lackey... welcome to the boards!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.