main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Young fanfilmakers

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Lone_Padawan, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    A jerk is a jerk, whatever age you are :p

Being a muppet is the great leveller. When I was at school I used to think that when I got a job everyone would always act mature and sensible. Yeah, right.

I know very sensible and dependable 12 year olds. I also know some 35 year old.., well, fill in the blanks.

What was my point again?

Pete

2. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    John2460 The whole Sith thing at the end, its a kind of teaser for my film, wait and see, wait and see......

"There will be a new order, Our order, one that will bring this galaxy togeather again, as a whole, or crush it, as a weed!"

3. Kalabar768

Kalabar768 Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2002
    Hey, Lone Padawan. Im only 14 and I agree with you about "Find people to fit the parts. Fan films require a suspension of believe but do not stretch it. A teenage Jedi Master is just not believable. Clay Kronke from THE NEW WORLD and Joe Tesora from LEGACY OF THE JEDI are good younger Jedi Masters that pull it off." I'm currently working on a fan film and I dont want to be down graded b/c of my age. I say I love Star Wars as much as anyone else big or small. Lone Padawan I'm with you all the way.

OUR FUTURE LIES IN THE YOUNG.

Kalabar SageeLogan

4. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    I've never seen someone say, "Hey, that fx test sucks. You must be 13." On the other hand, people say, "That was immature. You must be 13." I don't really see much problem with that.

I joined this board at 13. (I think) I'm now 16.

5. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Desann... the Sith are the fault of the Jedi... the Jedi's hidden guilt...

More to be reavealed in a couple years when End of the Order comes out. Oops. I'm plugging.

6. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    I joined this board at 13. (I think) I'm now 16.

So you know you joined this board at 13 but you think you are currently 16? Hmmm....

no, j/k......... :p

Aaron

Edit #1: Tried to fix face, but unsuccessfully.

Edit #2: Darn, I thought I had it successful, but the faces don't work. Oh well. It's the one with the tongue sticking out.

Edit #3: Fixed edit #2 text.

Edit #4: Added edit #3 text.

7. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    AWB, to get the face you are trying to get, you have to have a lowercase "p" not a capital. :p

8. SamS

SamS Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Young, Old...I'm the one with the gun.

:D

I'm 29 and in pre-pro like a lot of everyone else. Whether or not my film looks amatuerish, it can't be attributed to age. Some kids have a great eye for action, story and visual composition, and some adults have no movie making sense what so ever. (and I will not name names)

No matter what, tell your story and make a movie.

And like Daft said above, I wish I had this hardware and software when I was 13. So you children and olden creatures are lucky; filmmaking has never been easier.

9. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    Ahh, now I see what to do with the face.

and

Young, Old...I'm the one with the gun.

LOL! And yes, I know where you got that from.

Aaron

Edit: I just watched that scene in Army of Darkness and saw that it is Good, Bad...I'm the GUY with the gun not Good, Bad...I'm the ONE with the gun

Just a little simple correction, close enough though.

10. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Army of darkness?

~Neszis~

11. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    Yeah, the sequel to Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn which (duh) is the sequel to The Evil Dead. It's a series about the book of the dead being recited and zombies and stuff being possessed and stuff like that. It's some good gore, although the plot is a bit weak and the budget is a bit low, at least for the first 2.

12. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Although I don't know that I'd call Evil Dead 2 a SEQUEL... it's more like a re-write.

13. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    It was a sequel alright, even though Ash's girlfriend's name was the same in evil dead 1 and 2. (Still is.) The one thing I didn't like about it was that it is sooo boring. Yeah, you count up all the funny scenes, and there's a ton, but then you look at it as a whole and realize how boring it is.

Aaron

Edit:
    This conversation about younger fanfilmmakers has turned into a conversation about the Evil Dead Trilogy!

14. Lone_Padawan

Lone_Padawan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    Yeah- get back on topic.

15. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    <sings> If I could run as fast as the flash or be as cool as ash in army of darkness... then I could win the one legged girl! </sings>

Sadly enough, the One Legged Girl song reference is just about all I know about Army of Darkness.

16. DETROITAN

DETROITAN Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2001
    seth = gone---for long time , long time..... and not coming back for long time.

That is all...

btw im no longer doing fanfilms- onto other projects, but id like to thank the community; it has always been a great source of support for all digital film-makers- just my 2 cents

Flip Side

17. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    *bump*

18. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Why

~Neszis~

19. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    I dunno. Maybe because there's been some new members. I was looking around through some old posts and realized there's been some new members since this thread was last updated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.