main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Young Force: Chapter One: A Thief in the Night.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_KnightMariah, Dec 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_KnightMariah

Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2000
    Kidnapping isn't unheard of to the Jedi. In fact they hear of it quite often. But when it becomes more friquent and and
    starts in a pattern, the Council starts to worry. But they act when the kadnapper becomes daring enough to kidnap one
    of their own Jedi Apprentices. They decide to send a new order of Jedi Padawans and young Knights called the Young
    Force. But will the Young become the next victim?

Carly Electra tapped her foot against the hard concret on the landing pad she was waiting on. She didn't like waiting for too long.
    She looked over at her Padawan and sister, Rory, who was sitting on the ground watching a airtaxi's go by. Rory could wait forever if she had too.
    'She'll make a better Jedi than I,' Carly mussed.
    Carly didn't know much about the mission she was about to go on. Only that she would team up with others to try to find some Apprentice she had never heard of. Hopefully she wouldn't have to wait all day for someone to show up.

Rory could feel her sisters' exasperation through their Master/Padawan bond they shared. Carly wasn't one for waiting.

She turned back to looking off of the platform, silently listening to Carly pace back and forth.
    ---------------
    Well? Bad start? And it all begins!

2. Teebones

Teebones Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2000
    Great start J KM!

3. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Thanks. Whoa! The banner just changed in front of my eyes! X-Mas!

4. Anika Skywalker

Anika Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2000
    OK, this post is kinda long, but hey, all my posts are. I can't help it.

The tall girl walked briskly down the path. Her long, black hair flowed behind her like a cape. Her bright, hazel eyes were locked on the small puff of smoke that curled up from somewhere off the path. She dashed over to its source. A small bush was ablaze, burning and crackling. She saw something sitting in front of it. It was a small, wolfish, dragonish creature, a cub by the looks of it. It turned its head and looked at her with big, curious eyes. She saw smoke curling from its nostrils.

The girl, fourteen-year-old Jedi Padawan Teia-LiAnn Cracie, grabbed the cub and pulled it way from the blaze. She walked a reasonable way away from the fire, craddling the cub in her arms. It didn't seem to like that it was upside-down, paws in the air. It growled, a puppyish gurgling coming from its throat. It squirmed.

Teia was charmed. She giggled. "You're a cute little guy," she said. She closed her eyes. //What were you doing near that fire?// she asked the creature telepathically. She had been born with the power to communicate with animals.

The little animal stopped squirming and stay still, but then began to wriggle again. The young Jedi knew the little animal had heard her. //What is a baby like you doing out here close to the city? You're such a young little thing!// She felt attached to the little animal. She didn't feel like putting him down. //I've never seen an animal quite like you.//

She reached her hand down to touch his fur. The little animal tensed. His big, brown eyes locked on her hand. His paws shot up and took hold of the hand. He sunk needle-sharp teeth into Teia's gloved hand. She yelped in pain. She flicked the animal sharply on his wet nose. This was a minor disciplinary action that she used on her other pets. The cub's big eyes widened, and he lifted both of his big paws to cover his nose.

Teia wanted to laugh. Instead, she sighed. //I have to put you down now, baby. I have to go.// She put the cub on the ground. He cocked his head, confused. //Go find your parents,// Teia said, walking away. //Go.//

The young Jedi walked back down the path. The fire had faded. She then felt a sharp pain in her ankle. She looked down quickly and saw the little wolf-dragon animal. He pulled his jaws away from her ankle. He lowered his head. The low, gurgling growl in his throat started again.

Teia picked up the cub again. He sunk his teeth firmly into the Padawan's hand again. He immediately pulled away and looked at her, cocking his head and pricking his ears.

//Do you want to stay with me?// Teia asked the little creature. The cub caught hold of one of the purple ribbons that was tied to one of the girl's braids. She pulled the ribbon away from him. He took her hand in his jaws again. This time, his bite was more of affection than hostility. She hugged the little animal close to her face. He bit her ear. She flicked him in the nose again. //You are going to have to learn some respect,// she said, her soft voice now strict.

The creature struggled from her grasp. Using his small wings, he climbed up and balanced on the Padawan's shoulder. He looked around from his perch. Teia laughed softly. //I have to find a name for you now. Your registered name will be "Playing With Fire," since that seemed to be what you were doing when I found you. I will call you "Jae'tt." I had a best friend named Jae'tt. He died not too long ago. You remind me of him in some ways.//

Little Jae'tt touched her on the cheek with his wet nose. Teia giggled. He then took a mouthful of her black tresses and tugged. //No, no, baby, no biting,// she scolded. She pulled him off her shoulder and set him on the ground.

She began to walk. He chased after her robe that dragged on the ground, attempting to jump onto it. He crouched, belly on the ground, thick, dragon tail swishing across the ground. He pounced and missed. Teia-LiAnn laughed and kept walking. Jae'tt suddenly stopped at a bush. There was a lo

5. quigon70

quigon70 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2000
    runal setal's air taxi docked next he walked over to the other padawan and said "what's going on, i was sent a message to meet here."

6. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
  7. Calayka_Bele

Calayka_Bele Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Good start! Ok I'm confused are our masters supposed to come with us?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Li ran towards the landing platform where the Young Force was meeting for their first mission. When she arrived Carly and Rory were already there.

"Hey guys!"

Carly looked up. "Oh hey Li.

Li greeted them. "Hello Carly, Rory. How are you?"

They both said they were fine.

Li nodded. "So where is everyone?"

8. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    Great posts!

9. Albion

Albion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2000
    From out of the shadows came a dark form that tackled Li to the ground. Everyone turned in fright, only to see Rr'yssa on top of Li, her tail twitching playfully.

"Hi, Li", she growled out lightly.

Li looked as though she was about to scream, but instead laughed, "Rr'ys, get offa me you furball! Why were stalking me?"

Rr'yssa hopped off of Li, and bounded over to where the others were, "Master said go find friends..."

Cory looked down at the young felinoid, "Don't you mean 'Master said you should go find your friends?"

The young female scraped a footpad along the ground, "Sorrry... Me..Umm... My Basic... it is not still good somedays. Rrright?"

Li brushed herself off, "Whatever Rr'ys, just don't pounce me anymore today?"

10. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    /I am so late!/ Kara thought. /I hope the other padawans are not waiting strictly on me. /

She checked her bag again. /Two tunics, hair brush, tooth brush ... am I forgetting any thing?/

She didn't double check as she rushed out the door.

As she made her way to the to the landing platform, she wondered what the other padawans would think of her, even those strong in the Force found her odd at times.

/Oh well, we will see, I see the platfrom now. Oh, good just a few are there, I'm not that late./

She gave a simle as she greeted the others.

11. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    More, more more, this is a wonderful start!

12. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    "Hey, Kara!" Rory got up from her spot on the ground.

"Am I late?" Kara asked breathlessly.

"No. We're still waiting for a few people to show," Rory explained. She looked over at Runal. "Hi, I'm Rory."

"Runal. I got a message that I was to meet someone here," he said.

Carly heard and spun around to face him. "Yeah. I guess we're all supposed to find some missing kid. What I don't get is why they're sending all of us."

Runal nodded as he scanned the others. "All of us? For one kid? That's odd."

"Maybe there's something the Council isn't telling us," Kara suggested.
    ------------
    Great posts everyone!

13. quigon70

quigon70 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2000
    "a pleasure to meet you too" he said, "and i agree either this kid is very special or the kidnapped sounds tough."

14. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Cowrie ran out of the door to their quarters. She couldn't believe they had only gotten back to the Temple in over 4 years and she had already been assigned to another mission.

"Cory, your bag!" She heard her master yell.

"Sith." Cory turned to see the wookie master walk out of the room, her bag in his hands.

"I believe this is yours." He said, handing it to her.

"Thanks master." She said sheepishly.

"Now, you better get going." He wrapped his arms around her thin shoulders. "Be careful."

"I will Master." She promised, giving him a kiss on his cheek.

"Stay out of trouble!" He called after her as she ran out of sight down the hall.

Cory slowed down to a walk as she approached the small group. She didn't know any of them.

Taking a deep breath, she joined them nervously.

15. Anika Skywalker

May 15, 2000
    The ship soon landed at the platform. Ja'elle let her Padawan out of the air taxi. Teia grabbed Jae'tt as he tried to look over the edge of the platform. He bit her, and she flicked his nose once again. Serena dashed out. She frolicked among the other people like a puppy. She visited each one.

Teia was nervous. She hugged Jae'tt tightly, almost strangling him. He growled and struggled. Serena was still dancing around the platform among the other Jedi. Teia dropped the struggling cub, and he ran to the nearest person. 'Oh no!' Teia thought, frantically running after him. 'Please don't bite them, Jae'tt, please!'
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

16. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Kara screamed as the dragon-dog came right after her.

She never spent that much time around animals, and she didn't know how to react.

17. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Cory turned to see the puppy running towards them.

<Hi boy.> She said to him.

He stopped and looked at her, confused.

Cory spotted a girl racing after him. She guessed he was hers.

"Hi, I'm Cowrie Pue'ka." She introduced herself.

18. Albion

Sep 18, 2000
    Rr'yssa sniffed at the draco-pup, her fur bristling a little bit. The small being looked at her, and then licked her on the nose.

She pulled back, and rubbed at her nose, "Smells funny..."

19. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Kara repeatly thanked the Force for Cory's intervention.

She sucked up her breath and gave the puppy a quick pat. "You're not so bad, are you?"

Maybe she should leave it to Rr'yssa, they seemed to be getting a long well enough.

20. Calayka_Bele

Nov 7, 2000
    Li took another deep breath. The 'attack' had definitely startled her. She shook it off, dismissing it as just being excited for the upcoming mission.

Li noticed a girl walk down a ramp with a dragon/dog running ahead of her.

Might as well introduce myself. Li thought.

She walked up. "Hi I'm Li'yane Sri. Li for short."

One girl introduced herself as Cowrie, Cory, the other as Teia.

Li crouched down and let the dragon/dog sniff her hand. "And who is this?"

Teia introduced him. "This is Jae'tt."

Li smiled. "Well it's nice to meet all of you."

21. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    "Master, do I really have to go," Ilene pleaded with her Master.

Ganthe was landing the ship and Ilene paced back and forth from the cockpit. Her violet eyes were darting back and forth. Her lightsaber clanked at her belt.

"Am I in trouble! Is that why you brought me? I didn't do nothing," she continued.

"I know as much as you do, impatient padawan," he replied smoothly.

Ilene glanced out of the cockpit window. There were people on the landing platform. Waiting. She glasped her face in her hands.

"Great. Just great," she murmured to herself.

The ship touched lightly down on the ground.

"Well, here we are," he said, unstrapping himself.

"Great," she said sarcastically.

"Be a good little padawan and go talk to your new friends," he shot back and walked down out of the ship.

"Be a good little padawan...." She imitated his voice.

She walked down the ramp and walked to the group of people. They were all kids, around her age. Whatever was going on was going to be a surprise.

She shot them an uncertain look. Then she started to walk back into the ship but her Master's sharp eye warned her no.

//Introduce yourself, Ilene// His voice called to her.

//Over my dead...//

//Move it.//

"Hi I am Ilene and I don't know why I am here," she said to the group, stiffly.

One girl laughed. The others looked at her uncertainly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

22. Calayka_Bele

Nov 7, 2000
    Li walked up to the new girl.

"I don't think anyone really knows what we are doing here. All we know is we're supposed to go rescue someone. I'm Li."

23. Albion

Sep 18, 2000
    Rr'yssa snuck up behind the new girl Ilene, and sniffed at her carefully. She popped up to her full young height of five feet tall, and said out loud, "She smells nice... can we go play now?"

Li shuddered for a moment, remember the last time she'd 'played' with Rr'yssa. She ended up being stalked by the cat-girl for a week, eventually being caught and 'killed' in one of the classrooms.

Li spoke up quickly, "We're not here to play Rr'yssa... it's time to do work."

Rr'yssa's ears flattened, "Don't like work... want to play, or practice with lightsabre... my lightsabre pretty, new smell, wanna see?"

Ilene just stared at the strange feline for a moment, "Ummm.... no. Not today."

The Togorian seemed unfazed by this, and almost bounded back over next to her pack, waiting with the rest.

24. Anika Skywalker

May 15, 2000
    Teia sighed. She was glad Jae'tt didn't bite anybody. He hadn't been around humans much, and he was curious. Serena, who loved to be around people, was jealous of all the attention he was getting. The others whom Jae'tt had encountered had introduced themselves. There was Rr'yssa, Kara, Li, and Cory, who apparently could talk with animals as well. Kara had been scared of Jae'tt at first. Li was nice. Rr'yssa seemed to be very fun to be around. There were a couple other girls who hadn't introduced themselves yet.

There were others. Boys. It would take her a while to gather enough courage to talk to them.

Another girl came. She introduced herself as Ilene. Teia felt more comfortable and began to talk with the other girls.

She suddenly noticed that Jae'tt had an attitude change. His philosophy must have been: get to know them, then bite them. She grabbed him as he was just about to bite into Li's ankle. She gave him the disciplinary flick on the nose and stuffed him in her robe.

"Was that little guy born with teeth?" Li asked her.

"Yeah. And he likes to use them. He's still learning not to bite the hand that feeds him."

"How big will he get?"

Teia raised an eyebrow. "Big."

"How big?"

"VERY big. But don't worry, that won't happen for maybe another seven or eight years. He has alot of growing to do."

"Where'd you find him?"

"Malastare. He was setting things on fire. His mother had died. So I took him in. He's my little bodyguard. Oh! I don't think you've met Serena!" Teia called the red wolf hybrid over to her. "This is Serena, who I've known since I was two years old."

"She's pretty," Li commented.

"I've kept her in good condition. She's the prettiest animal I have ever owned." Teia sighed. "So... do you know anything about this? Like... why we were called here?"
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    OK, I'm going to draw a picture of Jae'tt and scan it tomorrow so you all will know what he looks like. (I'll probably end up doing it in our exam study period. Sigh...)

25. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Kara, who honestly didn't know too much about this mission, turned to the only Knight in the group, Carly. Even though Carly was a Knight at only a year old than Kara, the younger girl wasn't jealous. Actually, Kara would be taking her trials soon. When she looked deep inside herself during meditation, however, she found that she didn't really want the responsibility of Knighthood yet.
    Trying not to get too lost in her own thoughts, Kara patiently waited for some one to speak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This being my first, somebody please tell me if I'm messing up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.