main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Young Indiana Jones is a great show!!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Basil_Hennington, May 3, 2002.

?

Young Indiana Jones is a great show!!

Poll closed Jun 2, 2002.
  1. Yes!

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. No!

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. I thought it was okay

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. I never watched it

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basil_Hennington

Basil_Hennington Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2002
  2. Basil_Hennington

Mar 8, 2002
    I didn't get the chance the see many of these when they were first on the air, but, now, watching the videos, I amazed at how great these are.

3. Basil_Hennington

Mar 8, 2002
    I dare say I even think it is one of the best TV shows of all time.

4. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    From the few that I've seen, it was an entertaining programme, but there were a few rather huge continuity errors (I think, anyhow!), which contradicted the films a tad. But it was still a nice way of passing the time.

5. Basil_Hennington

Mar 8, 2002

Vote, people, vote!

C'mon! To my mind, this is one the finest productions LFL has ever turned out!

6. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    From what I had seen of it..it was pretty enjoyable and actually a good lesson in history :) so I agree, it's a great show...

7. leiasolo

leiasolo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    I taught in Japan for a summer, and while the local video store had many fairly new movies in English, there were only four TV series at the store:

X-Files (It was really fun to watch all of these in sequence before they were released on video/DVD in US)

Miami Vice (I prayed that none of my students watched this and thought it was an accurate representation of modernday Miami!!)

Twin Peaks (I fell in love with this series while I was there and watch my DVD almost as much as Star Wars.)

and finally, the Young Indiana Jones series

It was really fun to watch these too. One of the classes I taught in Japan was English conversation, so we would often practice their listening skills by listening/watching songs or moview and seeing if they could understand the words. Twice, I used the young Indy series for these exercises, and they loved it. It's also really great because you usually have lots of people speaking English, but lots of non-English/American accents because of all the places young Indy visited!

I love science fiction as much as anyone (or I obviously wouldn't be on the force.net), but all of the adventure series on TV now are futuristic science fiction. I miss a show like young Indy! I was hoping the Mummy would spark interest in this kind of show again.

8. leiasolo

leiasolo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    I taught in Japan for a summer, and while the local video store had many fairly new movies in English, there were only four TV series at the store:

X-Files (It was really fun to watch all of these in sequence before they were released on video/DVD in US)

Miami Vice (I prayed that none of my students watched this and thought it was an accurate representation of modernday Miami!!)

Twin Peaks (I fell in love with this series while I was there and watch my DVD almost as much as Star Wars.)

and finally, the Young Indiana Jones series

It was really fun to watch these too. One of the classes I taught in Japan was English conversation, so we would often practice their listening skills by listening/watching songs or movies and seeing if they could understand the words. Twice, I used the young Indy series for these exercises, and they loved it. It's also really great because you usually have lots of people speaking English, but lots of non-English/American accents because of all the places young Indy visited!

I love science fiction as much as anyone (or I obviously wouldn't be on the force.net), but all of the adventure series on TV now are futuristic science fiction. I miss a show like young Indy! I was hoping the Mummy would spark interest in this kind of show again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.