main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Young Indy Documentaries On History Channel.com Late 2007

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    From The Hollywood Reporter

Web series, Lucas docus are History
    By Kimberly Nordyke

April 30, 2007

The History Channel is launching five original series on its Web site and has acquired collection of historical documentaries from George Lucas based on his "The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones."

The network, which makes its upfront presentation to advertisers Tuesday in New York, has acquired the rights to a collection of 94 never-before-seen docus that are a companion to the "Young Indiana Jones" TV movies. The docus, created and executive produced by Lucas, are based on events that took place during the early part of the 20th century and provide context to the fictional adventures of the young Jones. Topics range from the history of slavery to biographies of Al Capone and Ernest Hemingway.

"The association with George Lucas and his passion for history is one we embraced with open arms," said Nancy Dubuc, executive vp and GM of the History Channel. "We really believe in his mission to help future generations find different ways to learn about history."

The docus will premiere on History.com in late 2007 and also will air on History International and History Classroom. The "Jones" TV movies will air on the History Channel and History International.

Very cool. More evidence that Young Indy will be on DVD by Christmas.

2. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    This is really cool. I think it might hurt sales of the DVDs though. Maybe they'll only play an edited version of the documentaries like A&E did for Empire of Dreams.

3. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    It's a good idea, IMO

4. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Well I know it won't keep me from buying the set I was thinking about maybe the masses. It also serves the greater purpose Goerge wants it to, which is to teach and entertain.

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    It seems strange that they would allow them to be shown on TV before the DVD comes on sale? Aren't these docs supposed to be bonus features to encourage people to buy the DVD set?[face_thinking]

6. AL_Patterson

AL_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    Was this a good show?

7. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    I personally enjoyed it, but it is not like the movies. I think that is why people didn't accept it in America.

8. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Yeah, Young Indy was pretty good in my book. And I agree that it didn't gain widespread success simply because it wasn't like the movies.

9. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    One would hope that people are buying the set for, you know, the Young Indy series itself, which is not available on DVD. The inclusion of the docs and whatever else extra features are icing on the cake.

10. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Loved the series when it first aired, hated the later VHS release because they edited out old Indy and put two different episodes together and called it a movie. What a bunch of crap. I am not interested in this if thats going to be the case again.

11. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    It sounds pretty likely.

12. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    That's exactly what it's going to be.

Read This

13. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    It seems a little despicable when you consider those original episodes were the ones that were nominated and won all those emmys.

Lucas is such a crusty old crab***.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.