main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Young Indy Jones series

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by leiasolo, Aug 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leiasolo

leiasolo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    I love science fiction as much as anyone (or I obviously wouldn't be on the force.net), but all of the adventure series on TV now seem to be futuristic science fiction. I miss a show like young Indy! I was hoping the Mummy would spark interest in this kind of show again.

I taught in Japan for a summer, and while the local video store had many fairly new movies in English, there were only four TV series at the store:

1. X-Files (It was really fun to watch all of these in sequence before they were released on video/DVD in US)

2. Miami Vice (I prayed that none of my students watched this and thought it was an accurate representation of modernday Miami!!)

3. Twin Peaks (I fell in love with this series while I was there and watch my DVD almost as much as Star Wars.)

4. and finally, the Young Indiana Jones series

It was really fun to watch these too. One of the classes I taught in Japan was English conversation, so we would often practice their listening skills by listening/watching songs or movies and seeing if they could understand the words. Twice, I used the young Indy series for these exercises, and they loved it. It's also really great because you usually have lots of people speaking English, but lots of non-English/American accents because of all the places young Indy visited!

2. Laserschwert

Laserschwert Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2001
    I loved "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles"... but what I loved even more was "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr."... I mean, when the show came out there wasn't a western TV-show on for YEARS... at least no really good one. "Brisco" was something new! Mixing western with a little sci-fi, and lots of good fun. Plus, I LOVE Bruce Campbell... I do, since I first saw "Evil Dead", and even more when I heard his DVD-commentary on "Evil Dead" *g*...

3. leiasolo

May 1, 2002
    Yeah, the scifi western. I liked Brisco too, but I like Campbell in anything I see him in pretty much.

I had just bought the Evil Dead too--haven't had time to listen to his commentary on it though--think that could be a plan for tonight!

4. Laserschwert

Laserschwert Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2001
    You know, that's a very good idea.

And do you know what's an even better idea?

Getting the "Evil Dead 2" DVD, because the commentary on there is EVEN better. Absolute hilarious. The one on "Army of Darkness" is also great, not the other two are better. Mainly because AOD was a "real" movie... and Campbell (mostly) admits that. In part 1 and 2 he likes to bash the "amateur look" of the movies... including himself.

5. leiasolo

May 1, 2002
    I saw the AOD at Wal-Mart, but haven't bought it yet. Guess I need to go get it!

6. bedada3

bedada3 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Is something wrong with Miami Vice?

7. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Has anybody seen the tv show Relic Hunter?
    It's pretty good although it just got cancel it was on for three seasons. Tia Carrae is good as Sydney Fox but Christian Anholt as Nigel Baily is best thing about the show.

It's no Indiana Jones but i think it's better then Tomb Raider. Odd thing thought Indy, Tomb Raider and Relic Hunter are all released thru Paramount.

8. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Brisco County Jr. is one of the best tv shows ever. Could someone tell me the history of the show. I only saw it when it came on TNT. I thought it was a brand new show then but it had been on another network then canceled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.