Young Indy on DVD?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Darth-Lando, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Does anyone know when/if we'll be getting the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles on DVD? I remember hearing rumors about it a few years ago. IIRC it was gonna take a while cuz they wanted to but LOADS of mini-documentaries about all the historical figures he met. Am I remembering correctly? Am I insane? Will I ever beable to watch Sean Patrick Flannery as Indy in all his glory on DVD?
  2. malducin Jedi Master

star 4
    You are not insane. The DVD set is slated to come out this year though there is no street date yet. Summer probably at the earliest.
  3. Jedi of the West Jedi Master

star 4
    Will the Young Indiana Jones Adventures be released as a box set or will they be released as individual DVDs?
    I look forward to the release of the Young Indiana Adventures on DVD. I wish the series would have lasted longer on TV. I found it to be very entertaining and a good source for history.
  4. malducin Jedi Master

star 4
    Good question. Probably not decided yet but probably it'll be a set.
  5. Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer

VIP
    star 4
    Lucas is waiting for HD-DVD (or Blu-Ray, more likely). In the book The Creative Impulse(1997) Lucas talked about how he had this vast "next generation" interactive learning experience in mind for the whole Young Indy series. The actual show was just a small part of the intended project -- an in-depth. uber-detailed exploration of the dawn of the twentieth century. Current-day DVD isn't quite up (storage-wise) to the intended scope of his plans -- HD-DVD/Blu-Ray will be.

If you've ever seen James Cameron's 1998 Titanic Explorer CD-ROM, the Young Indy DVDs are gonna be kind of like that. Except a LOT bigger.
  6. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Cool info Nightowl, there's my number one reason to by a hi-def dvd player.
  7. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4
    In the Raiders 20th Anniversary Insider it was implied that the Young Indy films would be soon. That was over 3 years ago.
  8. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    OK, Celebration 3 brought us an update. This can be found on the OS in Rick McCallum's Spectacular Spectacular

One fan asked the same questions he asked three years ago at Celebration II, about the future of Young Indiana Jones on DVD and Indiana Jones IV. "The DVDs we've been working on them for about two years now, and they should be finished in another two years, because we're doing all of them," said McCallum. "The reason why we're so slow is that it really is just us. We're not giving it to a studio or someone else to do them."

Two more years?!?! They better be really good!
  9. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    I hope they have some featurettes about the vfx for this series. Many of them were really subtle, yet innovative matte paintings that helped expand the scope of each show.
  10. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I hope they have some featurettes about the vfx for this series. Many of them were really subtle, yet innovative matte paintings that helped expand the scope of each show.

With the amount of time that they're putting into these things, they will probobly have featurettes (if not full "features") about everything and everyone ever involved with the Young Indy series!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.