main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Young Jedi Knights: Empire's Fury: YJK AU. Very AU. Completed, 10/30

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SithGirl132, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smash128

smash128 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2008
    Man this AU is really great, can you PM when you update?

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, some probable honesty from Daala and Han and Jacen are gonna team up :D So... everyone has their reasons but if Leia gets mentally healthy again, then woohoo!! Then the whole family can get back together and "fix" everything [face_laugh] :)

3. darkjedileia

darkjedileia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2007
    Leia/Mara/Daala wow those are 3 crazy women. Can you say cat fight? [face_beatup]

4. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Han!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job! Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weur

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    amazing how Daala just beat out 2 Force sensitives

6. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    At least Jacen isn't skeptical about Han. That was a sigh of relief.

Daala's motives seem better than anyone else's in Jaina and Ben's lives right now, but keeping Mara and Leia out of the way might be harder than fooling them once. Though, if she does help get Jacen and Han off Lusankya that will be a huge score in my book for her.

=D=

7. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    smash128: Thank you and welcome to the PM list!
    Jade_eyes: You are certainly thinking on the positive side. That may or may not be a good thing now.
    darkjedileia: Another catfight could happen. You never know. That's how women are...
    PHGS_Weyr: Yup, Han has made an appearance. We'll see more of him as the next few chapters go on.
    SilSolo: Well, things happen, you know...
    padawanlost: Right now, Daala is probably the most trustworthy of all of my characters. Maybe. And no guarantees that her motives are what they seem to be.

PM List as of now:
    Kidan, G__Anakin, RossN, C1-J2, MarasFire, smash128, darkjedileia, Jade_eyes, Jaina_Solo_Goddess, Ultima_1, padawanlost, Twin_Saber, PHGS_Weyr.

Jacen was finally summoned to a meeting with Isard again. He figured it was another one of those ?what do you know about the Rebels? meetings, but instead, he was faced with something totally different.

?Are you familiar with the political situation of the Empire?? Isard began.

Surprised, Jacen tried to formulate a reasonable answer. ?Not really much. Just that the Emperor is in power and that?s about it.?

?You have much to learn.?

?What?? Jacen was confused.

Isard sighed. ?The Emperor may be in power in name, but the Empress has turned on him. She is very devious and has many resources, one of whom I have been suspicious of for many years. I know you probably have few connections with the Rebels anymore, but I need all the underground help I can get.

?I need to locate your mother.?

That was the real shock. ?Last I heard of Mom, she was kind of crazy and a Sith?? Then Jacen realized he had said too much and that had just revealed the note he?d received.

?Your father has been in contact with you then.?

?Yeah.? Jacen admitted it. ?And I was kind of surprised. Is it true that the Empress has been the power behind the throne all along??

?I don?t like to admit it, but it?s very true. I?m quite surprised that she hasn?t taken power for herself yet.?

?So what am I doing here?? Jacen asked.

?Your duty is to stay here and be bait for your twin sister. She is with someone who is a great threat to the integrity of the Empire, and is a possible ally of the Empress.? For some reason, Isard did not sound entirely trustworthy.

Jacen agreed, but still had the trepidations that the Imps were setting him up.

[hr]

Once again, Lumiya was watching the Emperor and Empress.

They were a clever pair- he was the one doing the actual ruling while she was the power behind the throne, manipulating him perfectly. The son was born to be the next Sith and Emperor combination, and the Empress would ensure that her son turned properly.

The issue was in the failed Sith , the insane sister of the Emperor.

She was clever and very Force-sensitive, and she would make a fine Sith once fully trained. But to do that, the Emperor had to be eliminated to dispose of any possible threats?

After some careful thought, Lumiya arranged her plan. It was deceptively simple: contact the Emperor and Empress and actively pit them against each other. The stronger one would survive and rule the Empire, with Lumiya in the background.

It was foolproof.

[hr]

Jaina and Ben had been operating on the unspoken agreement of not bringing up their crazy parents. It was easier that way. But finally, curiosity got the better of Jaina, and she had to ask the nagging question.

?Ben, you don?t have to answer this if you don?t want to, but I have to know. Did you know that your mom was really the ruler of the Empire and was so involved with the Sith? I just have to know what?s going on around here before someone else double-crosses me.?

Ben actually smiled. ?Mom has always been kind of in the shadows but still in control. It?s just always been like that. But she never talked about being a Sith or anything like that.?

?I don?t trust any of the Imps anymore,? Jaina continued. ?No one here is who they seem to be. How should we get out of this predicament??

?Can we rescue your b

8. smash128

Feb 9, 2008
    Oh man, this is really good. I still don't trust Daala however. I'll just have to wait and see before I can truly make up my mind.

9. darkjedileia

darkjedileia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2007
    Thanks for the PM

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hmmm.... plot gets even more twisted :D :) With everyone scheming and not trusting anyone else [face_laugh] ;)

11. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    Woot, Han is alive!

I think Daala and Isard have some ulterior motive for helping out the Solos and Ben...

12. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    I wonder when all these adults are going to figure out that manipulating Jacen and Jaina might not be as easy as they think it is? I think Jaina's on the right track talking to Ben about Mara, but I can't believe that Jacen admitted his contact with Han to Isard.

I can't wait to see Daala vs. Isard. That should put the first fight to shame if they slug it out with their star destroyers.

=D=

13. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    smash128: Who is to be trusted depends on your point of view.
    darkjedileia: Glad you're liking it!
    Jade_eyes: Just you wait. It's only starting to get good.
    MarasFire: If you want to know the ulterior motive, read on...
    padawanlost: The adults are going to need to figure out who's manipulating them. And considering the way this story is going, the chance of a Daala vs. Isard battle is quite high...

Good news: the update this week is early since I have a lot to procrastinate on, and the plot bunnies are really biting!

?I don?t know where Mom is,? Jacen admitted. He was getting rather concerned with the direction this conversation was going.

?Are you saying that to try to protect her?? Isard asked suspiciously.

?No,? Jacen replied. ?Honest, I don?t really know anything about Mom anymore except what Dad said in his note.?

?Should I ask your father then??

?He might know more about it than I do.? Jacen was rather resigned to helping Isard now, since maybe it had the hope of getting his family back together.

Isard left the room, and returned much sooner than Jacen expected. She had a note now, a printout of a transmission?

?Jacen, perhaps you can explain this transmission. I received this from Admiral Daala, a semi-renegade with no respect for the Emperor, thought to be in league with the Empress and planning a coup. Daala reports that Mara Jade and Leia Solo are both in her custody for treason against the Empire, and would we like to do something about either of them? Quite the unusual request.? Isard glared at Jacen.

Jacen was stunned. ?The timing seems really suspicious.?

?Yes. What about the content??

?Umm?? Jacen realized there was no intelligent way to answer this. ?I guess maybe Daala really isn?t on the Empress?s side, and somehow my mom got tangled in this, too??

?Interesting guess,? Isard murmured. ?Up until about one month ago, Daala and I were planning to assist Mara Jade Skywalker in destroying the Emperor. However, Mara wanted all of the glory for herself, and Daala intercepted a coded message arranging for both Daala and me to be eliminated after Mara was Empress without the Emperor. As a result, Daala and I both told Mara that we wanted no part of her diabolical plans. Mara denied everything and accused us of making this up to destroy her. Luckily, you and your sister showed up right at that point, before this could get to the Emperor and make any trouble for us.?

Jacen almost burst out laughing. ?No offense or anything, but this sounds so much like Mara. From what we always heard whenever we ran into Rebels, it was always that Mara was the real power behind the throne and Luke was the puppet. So I guess it?s true.?

?Now you understand how imperative it is that I find your mother. She probably knows something about this.?

?Why would she know anything about Mara?s plans?? Jacen wondered.

?Jacen, Mara was the one who was training your mother to be a Sith. Mara has been the real ruler of the Empire. She needs to be eliminated, since without her, the incompetent Emperor will fall and the Empire can finally choose a competent leader.?

For a few minutes, Jacen considered this. ?So if I help you find Mom and get rid of Mara, what?s in it for me??

?What?s in it for you, Jacen, is a promise to you, your sister, your father, and if your mother is sane and normal, that the Empire will leave all of you alone to live in peace. That is my promise if you are willing to help me.?

?Sounds great to me,? Jacen agreed.

?Fine.? Isard looked like she hadn?t revealed some loophole in the bargain. ?First, you and your father are coming with me to the [i]Gorgon[/i], since we need to dispose of Mara Jade Skywalker?

[hr]

Jaina and Ben were just hanging around the admiral?s quarters aboard the [i]Gorgon[/i], waiting for news. No one had said anything about what was going on, or what Daala?s motives were?

Daala entered the suite, looking very smug. ?Good news for you, Jaina Solo. I have been in contact with Director Isard, a

14. smash128

Feb 9, 2008
    Ha I loved the ending, the emperor is going to where they are and Mara Jade is gone, that doens't bode well huh?

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I trust Isard least of all. :p She sounds all sane and pragmatic but even Jacen notices she's hiding something. Nothing worse than agreeing to something that you don't know all the details of. "But you didn't tell me!!!" is followed by: "You didn't ask!!" [face_laugh] Uh-huh... I hope they DON'T find Mara. :p

16. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    NOOOOOO!!!!!

You can't kill Daala!

Great posts!

Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

17. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Wow, everyone together, and here comes the Emperor. This is going to get messy.

Can't wait to see everyone get what they deserve, but hopefully there's a lot more to come before then.

=D=

18. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    padawanlost: This will be messy indeed. There will be a lot of covering up and careful planning needed... but we know how well schemes work in this AU. Oh yes, there's a lot more coming.
    PHGS_Weyr: I solemnly swear that in my fics, I will never kill Daala. I absolutely love her character and can't wait to see what we see of her in Invincible.
    Jade_eyes: Oddly enough, I don't know whether Isard is really the most dangerous. The 'you didn't tell me,' 'you didn't ask' thing may just come up later. Beware.
    smash128: You could say that there's trouble brewing.

Hey, readers, my sincere apologies for not posting an update. I am absolutely swamped with work, it's the end of the semester, and I'd like nothing better than to go cry in a corner, preferably in an air-conditioned building. I promise you at least two more updates before May 7, which is when I lose my high-speed internet for the summer. (My parents still have dial-up! *gasp*)
    Until September 1, at the latest, this story is on hiatus. I will do my best to update during the summer every so often, but due to the slow internet at home and possibly working full-time, there are no regular guarantees.
    Two more chapters before then, I promise! Excuse me, I have to do something about my bio exam.
    -SithGirl

19. _sticks

_sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    can i be put on the pm list?

20. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    _sticks: Hello and welcome to the PM list!

Since I am listening to the {free!) Betrayal audiobook, I got some inspiration. And now that the bio exam is turned in and all my archaeology work is done, and that I'm totally out of money, printer ink, and caffeine, here is your update.

?I refuse to allow my career to be destroyed by this stupid Sithspawn who thinks she knows everything,? Daala hissed. She had been pacing around the ready-room for nearly half an hour, ever since she had announced to Jaina and Ben that the Emperor was coming.

?Have you considered just telling him the truth that you had my mom here, and you were gonna turn her in for being a traitor, but she got away first?? Ben asked. ?It?s kind of right.?

?You aren?t as stupid as your mother,? Daala sighed.

?But the Emperor?s probably too smart to let you get away with that,? Jaina worried.

Daala finally sat down. ?If Isard agrees to this plan, and you two keep your mouths shut, and if we are extremely lucky?? She glanced at Jaina and Ben. ?This stupid, last-ditch effort might just work.?

[hr]

Jacen had been sitting around for nearly an hour, wondering what was taking Isard so long. They had docked on the [i]Gorgon[/i], and Jacen had not seen or heard anything of his father or anyone else at all during the ride. Now it seemed that they were stuck in a holding pattern while Isard claimed to be ?discussing the terms of our arrival? with Admiral Daala.

It appeared to Jacen that the negotiations were not going well, considering how long it was taking.

Finally, a small group of stormtroopers collected Jacen from the small shuttle and took him through a labyrinth of turbolifts
    and to a ready-room below the bridge?

?where Isard and Daala were having a rather convoluted argument that looked to be downright irreconcilable.

Jaina, sitting in the corner, jumped up instantly and hugged Jacen, so grateful to see her brother again. ?You?re till alive!?

Jacen was laughing. ?I know? you?re still alive too!? He looked at Daala and Isard? ?So what's with them??

Jaina actually giggled a bit, in spite of herself. ?Well, Daala had Mara Jade here as a prisoner. But she got away. And then we found out that the Emperor is coming here, and as you can probably see, we?ve got a bit of a problem here??

?The problem,? Isard cut in coldly, ?is that Daala, you are asking me to betray the Emperor that we have both so faithfully served. I can?t do that in all good conscience unless we will be guaranteed of not getting into trouble from it.?

?You have no right to lecture me about faithful service,? Daala shot back. ?We were up to our necks in a treasonous plot to overthrow the Emperor, with the help of his wife. I didn?t kill Jade when she was here since it would have been far worse for me to have killed her rather than have her spread my secrets. I told you this.?

?That still doesn?t explain why you want me to lie outright to the Emperor.?

?I don?t care what you do! All I want is for your knowledge that this has happened, and if nothing else, your silence on this matter in front of the Emperor. Isard, we have about three hours before Skywalker himself is here, and this will be a very difficult matter to explain. So do me a favor and just shut up.?

Ben was almost laughing to watch this. ?Have you two considered maybe backing up each other?s stories so you both have the same story, and just keeping quiet about this whole mess? Just don?t tell my dad that Mom was here and she got away, unless he asks??

Jacen and Jaina said, almost at the same time, ?But he?s gonna sense her in the Force.?

?We have to think of something,? Daala said, sounding tired and scared. ?I?m not the only one with my job on the line.?

Ben thought for a moment. ?Just wondering, but did you check and see if Leia?s still here??

Daala called up a display on her datapad?

?and promptly threw the small object across the room as she crashed into a chair?

?Damn you, Mara Jade,? she whispered. ?You and Leia must have been working together a

21. smash128

Feb 9, 2008
    Good chapter, Jacen and Jaina are reunited, hooray. Can't wait for that next update.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Daala and Isard both are gonna catch it I think. :D Ben's the only one talking sense... glad Jaina and Jacen are back together... glad both of them seem to have their heads on straight also LOL

23. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    [:D] I know what it's like having a schoolwork overload. I'm actually taking a short break right now before I plunge back in... But real life takes precedence, of course, so don't worry if you don't update every week!

Hmm, I wonder what the Empress and her sister-in-law have planned now...and what'll mean for everybody. I doubt Isard and Daala will be able to fool Luke...but with a few vouches by the kids, I suppose he may be persuaded. Or else Han could bust in there and save the day :D

24. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    MarasFire: DRL is going to make me very sad and fanfic-deprived this summer. But after an all-nighter, more intelligent Italian than I can normally come up with in a semester, and nearly flaling asleep in the middle of a geology exam, I am done for the year and facing dial-up internet. :_| After this chapter, I think everyone is going to need someone to save the day. Read on.
    Jade_eyes: Daala and Isard are both in a lot of trouble. The amount of trouble they get in, however, remains to be seen. I love it when the kids are smarter than the adults, and here, I think there are times when it's pretty obvious...
    smash128: Jaina and Jacen are going to stick together for a little while. They'll need to.

All right... here's the last chapter before the summer hiatus. I have dial-up internet and annoying parents and a job all summer, so regular updates will resume somewhere around August 31. And of course, I have to leave you all hanging... I'll try to update at least a few times over the summer, but no guarantees.

There was a distinct change in the atmosphere aboard the [i]Gorgon[/i] as the Emperor arrived. Hiding in a lower-level storage room, Jaina and Jacen were still aware of this. It was as though a curtain of darkness had dropped over the Star Destroyer.

Ben was glancing around nervously, as though he detected something more than just the standard ominous presence that accompanied a Sith. ?I wonder if Mom?s around somewhere,? he murmured.

Jaina glanced up sharply. ?I think she would?ve done something by now if she was here. Didn?t you say she wanted to be Empress??

?Not exactly,? Ben admitted. ?I don?t know if that?s what she really wanted or if she was just lying to make me scared or something.?

?It sounds like such a Sith thing to do,? Jaina replied. ?I think she probably didn?t tell you the whole truth just so she wouldn?t scare you, but it sounds like she really does want to be Empress and she?ll do just about anything to get the job.?

All three were startled into silence by the sound of footsteps nearby. Luckily, the sound quickly moved away from them and faded.

Then another set of more serious footsteps started heading towards them?

?Royal Guards,? Ben whispered. ?I know.?

Jacen was the first to realize that there was nowhere to hide in the storage room. ?Do you remember what I was saying earlier about bantha dung??

[hr]

Things were just a little too perfect, the Emperor reflected. Daala acted like everything was absolutely normal aboard the
    [i]Gorgon[/i], when it was clear in the Force that something was wrong. There was a sense that Daala was hiding something very important, as if something had happened that she didn?t want anyone to know about.

And there was that Force impression of those kids. Leia?s twins and Mara?s son. They were here, or had been here very recently, and Daala had not mentioned anything about them at all. It was as though she didn?t know, but knowing Daala, she knew what was going on about her flagship.

?Why,? the Emperor asked, ?have you not mentioned the presence of those Jedi children here, and what exactly are you hiding from me??

Daala thought for a minute before answering, an obvious sign that she had plenty to hide. ?It?s quite a long story, Your Majesty. It all started when the Empress came to me, about three years ago, with a most interesting proposal?

?Though she did not say it right away, it was clear that she was planning to overthrow you and take the Empire for herself. Mara left a good deal of documents and copied plans detailing her entire scheme, and apparently she recruited my help since I am not exactly taken seriously by the rest of the Navy. Before Mara could actually execute her plans, those Jedi twins and Mara?s son somehow ended up entangled in this matter, and I decided I didn?t want anything to do with this plan.?

The Emperor actually smiled. ?You?ve quite incriminated yourself and made it clear that you will do anything for the respect you think you deserve. However, you still

25. smash128

Feb 9, 2008
    Ahh more stuff going on, cool beans. Well have fun over your summer and can't wait for your return to this fic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.