main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Young Jedi Knights Index |v2| Well, what are we waiting for? | 10/16 - We're back!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by YJK-Index, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Before the OT? :cool: That's like, super.

[face_laugh] Asthma! Never thought of that before.

Glad it made sense.

love, marybeth

2. YJK-Index

YJK-Index Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2009
    Hey there everyone! Just trying to gauge the interest here, see who's around that might still be interested in mulling over YJK. And who might be interested in keeping the thread going, maybe some new challenges?

Maybe we could start with sharing some of our favorite YJK moments or quotes? Or maybe just why we still love the series? Don't be shy!

Also, feel free to PM me any YJK-centric stories you'd like added to the index!

3. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    I'm in. I have to confess that I didn't really like the YJK per se (the books weren't really all that good, IMO) but I like all of the characters involved. Even Anja.

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, maybe...

5. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Seeing as how the books were written for teenagers and pre-teens, you kind of have to take them for what they are.

Personally, I love the series as a whole. It really showcases who and what the Solo children were before NJO and all of the cliches they were subjected to. It shows their strengths and weaknesses; showcases some of the best friendships and it's all about overcoming their heritage as they grow into themselves. The traits that make them who they are, are defined and expanded in a way that NJO and everything never really picked up on.

That's why, for me, I'm still a fan of the series.

This is where they came from, who they were, before NJO messed with their characters and turned them into copies of their past heritage.

That... and I love the almost 'dorky' feel to them ;)

A challenge? Hey, I'm up for it, but I'm also in the process of re-writing a part of it *laughs* Bring it on; I'm game!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.