main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Young Jedi Knights Index (YJK pairings/characters) - new stories 06/12/05 + note!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by YJK_Index, Apr 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NenYim

NenYim Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Me? Really? Thank you! :)

I'll post it in the Beyond boards as soon as I can find it... :D Oh, and I thought I titled it Anja. Hmm.

2. YJK_Index

YJK_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2003
    (For Sites and Fanlistings - pending)

3. YJK_Index

Apr 15, 2003
    (For JC Fanclubs - pending)

4. YJK_Index

Apr 15, 2003
    (For Reviews - pending)

5. YJK_Index

Apr 15, 2003
    (List of Challenges/Awards and Their Winners - pending)

6. YJK_Index

Apr 15, 2003
    Whew, got 'em all up. If you have an addition to any of the above posts, please PM them to me :)

out-of-official-index-voice: I hate OPPM. [face_plain]

7. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

YAY for the updates!

I'm going to pick the First Author of the month for this month. The decision should be made by the 15th. If anyone has someone who'd they would really like to see get it please PM me the name. thanks! :D

Reviews- Please guys review a story, any story. I have said before my stories are always up for grabs, and you can be as harsh as you want with them. I'd hate for all the reviews to be done by TJF, and myself. Any Reviews of stories, Viggies, Songfics, Poems. Please pm them to Me or TJF. WE can leave the review anonymous if you want

8. YJK_Index

Apr 15, 2003
    Hey guys!

The actual story index got a massive update; take a quick look, and you'll see a lot of new stories right away :)

9. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Hey! Let me be umongst the first to say super keen! Thanks you guys. I had just been thinking 'I hope they do that update soon,' and here it is! Talk about service :D

Thanks for all the work you put into this. It's really great.

And I'll throw on another thanks for putting my stuff on the board too! ;)

10. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Gasp gasp, how very exciting! Awesome job! And thanks bunchies for all the hard work! :)

11. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    *thumbs up on the updates*

*starts thinking of author of the month nomination*

Agggh! So hard to choose just one! :_| It's a good thing there are many months to come. ;) [face_laugh] :D

12. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Pokes up

Interview with the Author of the Month will be up as soon as I PM it to Him/Her, and get it back

13. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    AHHHH! I can't take the pressure of waiting to find out who won!

;)

14. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    and April's Author of the month is........Lusa_Thul!!!

If you could be any animal, which one would you be and why?

Probably a squirrel. Those critters have so much energy! Plus, climbing trees like that takes skill! Jumping from branch to branch looks fun, too. Also, they are really cute!

What was the first thing you wrote?

I believe I was in kindergarten when I wrote a story about how, when I grew up, I wanted to own a ranch in Montana, and have two dogs. That?s the first thing I can remember, and I have a very clear image of a picture of a doghouse I cut out of a catalog that I wanted to buy for the dogs.

How long have you been writing?

Because I was home schooled until 4th grade, I didn?t start really having to write papers and such until then (7 years ago). I didn?t start writing for fun until about 4 years ago, when I started writing poetry.

What do you try to get across in your stories? Any specific theme?

I think I can best sum it up in a line from Goodbye, Love, from RENT, which is ?You?ll never share real love until you love yourself.? I really think this is true, and have tried to have at least one character learn it in every story, whether it be a huge fic or a songfic.

Where do you get your inspiration?

Music, and Broadway musicals in particular. My entire series I?m working on right now has been entirely inspired by the line, ?He was bound to love you when he heard you sing.? from The Phantom of the Opera. It spawned the plot bunny for the last fic in the trilogy and forced me to work backwards to create the entire story.

Any goals in your writing career?

Not really. I plan on majoring in art when I go to collage, actually, and focusing on ceramics. I know I don?t really have the attention span to write as a career.

Which RL (published) authors do you admire?

Nancy McKenzie for her amazing ability to put a new spin on old stories, characters and situations, Elizabeth Haydon for her wonderfully conceived characters, and Peter Davis and Eve Forward for their sense of humor!

What stories on the boards are your favorites?

The Feigned series, by ?Tenel_Ka-

After your current fics are finished, what will you do?

I?ve got a few plot bunnies up my sleeves! I?d love to play around with Raynar and Lusa during the war before she dies, and am considering taking the plots of some of my favorite musicals and giving them a Star Wars twist! I?d say more, but that would be telling!

If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?

Either New York or Alaska (completely different, I know!) I?d like to be right in the heart of a big city, or out in the middle of nowhere. No in betweens for me!

What?s one strange fact about you no one on the boards knows?

Despite my intense love of music, I have no musical abilities whatsoever. I am a terrible singer, and have failed to master any interment, including the triangle.

Favorite color: Green

Favorite Movie:

Not counting Star Wars, it?s a three way tie between Lord of the Rings (I count all the movies as one. Watching them all in order in one sitting was certainly an adventure!), Gladiator, and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum!

Favorite writing foods

String cheese. It does have a disadvantage of requiring you to stop writing in order to peel it.

What?s the best piece of advice you could give someone?

I guess I?ll do an about writing and a not about writing one, and keep ?em short.
    About writing ? When the muse strikes, GO! Don?t put it off, or it just won?t be as good as it could have been!

Not about writing ? NEVER stick your nose into a jar of mustard and inhale deeply!

15. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Cool interview! Congrats Lusa! Though I have to wonder about that last line.... ;) :)

16. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Huzza! Congrats Lusa! I've enjoyed your stuff for a long while now.

But I like the smell of mustard. ;)

17. NenYim

NenYim Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Congrats Lusa!! Nice interview. Even with the mustard. ;)

18. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Thanks guys! I was really suprised, actually! As for the mustard, theres a reason I put up with my little brother; so I can make him test these things out before I try them! Actually, the mustard was my sister's idea. But whatever. It looked and sounded quite painful. Apparently mustard burns when it goes up your nose. It was pretty funny though. :)

19. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Congrats again Lusa

If there is anyone you would like to see get Author of the Month for May please start Pm'ing me now. I hate having to pick someone every month. I feel bad for those who i don't pick

20. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    So, once the semester is over will we be seeing a new YJK challenge to launch us into the heady days of summer?

21. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Yes, just as soon as my finals week is over :)

22. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    *hugs Lusa* Thank you darlin'! And congrats!

23. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    So this is a giant 'UP' as well as a question for TJF or RS.

I PM'ed the YJK_Index name a while back, but it looks to be unread. Should any future PM's go to one of you, or not? Either way is cool, I just would like to know what the preferred avenue is.

Thanx! :)

24. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    UP! :D

I sent in some PMs that also haven't been read yet....

25. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Sorry about the delay in story additions. If you notice that your PM is still unread after a while, you can PM me to tell me about it, but please don't actually send submissions to me or Rose_Skywalker :)

~TJF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.