main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Young Luke Chronicles???

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Altered, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Altered

Darth_Altered Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2004
    Just saw this at AICN

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=20493

2. DARK_VADOR

DARK_VADOR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Not too thrilled about that. Are we going to get a another Jake Lloyd-esque character running into trouble all over Tatooine and getting into pod races?

I've got a bad feeling about this.

I was hoping we'd get more insight into the rebellion, new Imperial villians, and new plantscapes.

I guess there is so much you can do on the smallscreen.

Looks like this series is Tatooine bound.

Ugh.

3. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    If true, this would send the whole character of Luke in ANH to hell, since the main thing about him is he is longing for a life of adventure after a rather boring life on Tatooine. That just does not jive with having a whole lot of adventures as a kid. I hope this is just another false AICN rumor.
    And McCallum has given out infomration that has been false before.

4. Neophool

Neophool Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2001
    this won't happen , it's probably just crap being spread to keep us guessing.

5. XenoSkywalker

XenoSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    I agree....its just to keep us jumping like jackrabbits!

Superfraja!

6. macevspalpy113

macevspalpy113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Well, if it is true, I guess it will be as successful as the Young Indy Series.

7. Leonidas

Leonidas Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2003
    I read that, it sounds terrible. Hope it's **.

8. MadMardigan

MadMardigan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2001
    If this turns out to be true, then it confirms my suspicions about Lucas:

Sometime in the early 90's Lucas made a bet with Spielberg. The bet was simple. Lucas bet that he could piss all over Star Wars and Star Wars fans alike and not only would he not lose a dime, he'd even make millions of new fans.

This is by far the worst idea ever for a TV show. Luke didn't do ANYTHING on Tatooine. That's why he was longing to leave!!!

Of course continuity means nothing to Lucas, as evidenced by the PT, so what do SW fans care if the show is about the teenage adventures of Luke and Han across the stars?

9. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Maybe this article is Completely false? I've heard that Rick Mcallum has made mistakes before. If it's true I would assume only a few or one episode(s) would be about Luke growing up and maybe one for how Han and Chewwie met and one for how Han and Lando met. I still think the Show should be about one or a few surviving Jedi and how they cope with what happened in ROTS and of course all of their adventures along the way. Since Boba is probably going to be in the T.V. Show he could be trying to hunt them down occasionally. The show could at least if it's not about Jedi be about the Rebellion.

10. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Forgetting for a moment that AICN is a notoriously unreliable news source, you'd still have the fact that George Lucas has stated the series would not involve any of the major characters... and Luke is about the most 'major' one can get...

Convenient also that the source is in Japanese.

So yes. Utter rubbish.

11. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    highly unreliable source

12. Tomtrek

Tomtrek Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2002
    Maybe it could be a new sit-com about Camie and Fixer.

It could work!

It could work!

13. Darth_Altered

Darth_Altered Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2004
    This is what I'm hoping...

14. Harabec

Harabec Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    Luke, Biggs, and a droid solving groovy mysteries would be fantastic.

15. Sebas

Sebas Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    If true, it's a very foolish idea. First of all, because the context would be to child-oriented. Second of all (and most importantly) Luke is supposed to have had a boring, sheltered, farmer existence until ANH. That's why he's dying to get the hell out the Lars homestead. If we have Luke in dozens of harrowing adventures prior to this, his firsts scenes/motivation in ANH will be ruined.

16. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    Meh, it's **...

17. Darth_Juggalo

Darth_Juggalo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Lucas himself has said that the show would not be about any major characters. Thats it right there. This is 100% false. As for AICN being unreliable thats is untrue. This came directly from the horses (Mccalum's) mouth. They are just reporting it if anything is unreliable it is Rick.

18. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Luke didn't do anything on Tatooine?

Are you kidding me? He used to soup-up his T-16 with power converters and help control the growing Womp Rat problem. I would love to see Luke "bulls-eyeing" Womp Rats!!!

Tom Cruise uses the Evil Force of Scientology to Kill Oprah!!!
    http://www.hugi.is/hahradi/bigboxes.php?box_id=51208&f_id=1369

19. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    highly unreliable source

Exactly!

20. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Frankly, I don't buy it. This just seems to contradict everything that we've already heard. This is about as reliable as those rumors about ROTS that involved "Grando Calrissian".

21. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
  22. ROTSloath

ROTSloath Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2004
    I would quite like to see some of what Obi-Wan was up to whilst Luke was growing up, such as learning how to communicate with Qui-Gon, watching over Luke, I reakon it must have been quite stressful for him because he did seem to grow old quite quickly between EPIII and EPIV (compared to say the amount which Captain Antilles aged by, and Luke for that matter). Agree Luke's childhood should not be made into any kind of spin off - he may have learnt a few piloting skills on the farm but his life didn't get interesting until he met Obi-Wan in ANH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.