main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Young Obi-Wan Kenobi Question

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Azeria_Jade, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Sorry if this is already on here, but I need some info on Obi-Wan before he met up with Qui-Gon. His childhood.

Any info would be great!

2. Neobi_Kenobi

Neobi_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2001
    Well he was brought to the temple at age 1. When he was around 11 or 12 he ran into a fellow student knocking them both down, he got the nick-name Oafy-Wan from that. I hope this helps, I don't know exactly what your looking for.

3. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, I think I read somewhere that he came from a wealthy family :confused: I could be wrong, though.

Anyway, if you want info on Obi, then you might want to check the Unofficial SW Encyclopedia. I doubt there would be much about him as a kid, before he met Qui, but ::shrugs:: You never know.

Aunecah_Skywalker

4. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    In the JA books, which you might find to be very helpful to you, there was a moment when Obi went into his memories. Ironically, he recalled them because they were being threatened to be wiped. Fortunately, they weren't.

Anyway, he mentioned that he remembered his mother as kind and light. Something about his father. But also that his brother's name was Owen. I don't know if Jude was following the theory that Uncle Owen and Obi-Wan were brothers or not, but that's what she had in there.

Although, I don't believe that was the intent because right after he mentions feeling grass between his toes. And we all know Tatooine has no grass. Then he drifts off into a memory of Yoda and the days before Qui-Gon.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific, since I am at work and the books are home. Hope this helps in some way.

5. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Thanks for the info guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.