young palpitine trilogy

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dengofett, Nov 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dengofett Jedi Youngling

star 1
    does anyone think that a young palpitine trilogy would be a good idea.i thought the han solo trilogy was awsome.we could learn who was behind palpitines training how he got in the senate.see how he was as a child.and in some ways see how he fell like were seeing anikin fall.i thought it would be interesting.or they could do other charecter trilogys like yoda or qui-gon or obi-won.or boba fetts rise as a bounty hunter(the bounty hunter wars didnt cover that).what would you like to see?
  2. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    No, I don't want to see it. If we see anything about Palpatine, I want to see how he got into politics in the first place. He obviously wasn't out killing Jedi or starting wars or anything as a youth; I'm just wondering how he led the double life as a Sith apprentice and later master, and still had time to become a prominent if unnassuming senator.
  3. magneto Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I would love to see a young Palpatine trilogy.I'd like to see him kill his master and fight other jedi.
  4. exar-tull Jedi Master

star 5
    yes it would be very cool, you could understand him better,understand what lead him to where he is in the movies.
  5. dengofett Jedi Youngling

star 1
    sorry for mispelling anakin and palpatine.its been a long night.
  6. Rayf Jedi Youngling

Having a batman like double life kinda book would be cool.. I don't know if three whole books would be necesary tho...
  7. dengofett Jedi Youngling

star 1
    if star wars was takin from the adventures of luke skywalker they could do a trilogy of luke with biggs and friends when he was young. maybe a mystery adventure like who robbed the mos eisley bank or somthin.
  8. MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I like the pasts of characters like Palpatine and Boba Fett shrouded in mystery. I'd be more interested in Mara or Lando (yeah, he's already got a trilogy, but Han got two).
  9. Master Chbel Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm not sure a trilogy about a young Palpatine would work...but maybe a story about 10 or so years before JA 1, that involves a younger Palpatine, his master...

And Qui-Gon is somehow involved.
  10. Charlemagne19 Force Ghost

star 8
    I think a young Palpatine book would be cool...

Just you have to realize the book will be Dark. Palpatine is an avatar of the Dark Side with no redeeming moral values whatsoever....

Effectively you have a protagionist who is pure evil.

To state otherwise would be to diminish the character's horror
  11. dengofett Jedi Youngling

star 1
    caN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT PALPATINES SON I KNOW HE HAS ONE WAS HE MARRIED?
  12. Dark_Lady_Valeris Jedi Youngling

star 1
    dengofett, are you talking about that Ismaren kid in CotJ?

Valeris
  13. dengofett Jedi Youngling

star 1
    THIS KID HAS AN EYE IN THE BACK OF HIS HEAD.ALTHOUGH PALPS HATES ALIENS HIS SON IS ONE HIS SON WAS ALSO INSANE ACCORDING TO THE EMPIRE AND HAD HIM IN AN INSANE ASYLAM HE CREATED WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION IN HIS SLEEP. FORGOT WHICH BOOK THOUGH.
  14. peregrine Jedi Master

star 4
    That's Triclops, from the Glove of Darth Vader series.
  15. AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight

star 5
    Palpy never had a son, the GODV books are thinly veiled enviro freak propaganda pamphlet. And the story line sucked. First of all, DV's glove got burnt on the funeral pye, and even if they did survive the pyre, there is no way in hell it could have gotten into space and then to Mon Calamari. And why would Palpy's son have three eyes? And why was his son stupid enough to think it was DV's glove that gave him the choking abilility? And how did a planet get rendered uninhabitable by farting livestock!?!??!!?!?
  16. Gav Daragon Jedi Master

star 5
    I think this would be a good idea... a few suggestions

There could be a trilogy, or at least a duology. The first book would be seen from the point of view of a very young Palps' master - we could see how he was taken in by the sith, his corruption etc, and then the finale would be where the master is killed by palpatine and he is the new sith lord

The second book would be about palpatine's entry into politics, whilst at the same time training his apprentice. Fair enough we did get some insight into maul's training in shadow hunter, but it would be cool to see it from palpatine's view

And I'm sure someone could fill the third book with enough bunff to keep it interesting ;)
  17. LordMoltar Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'm as much a fan of our favorite Emperor, but I really couldn't generate much interest in a whole trilogy about him. Perhaps one single novel, but not an entire three books. That honor deserves to go to Darth Vader, Mara Jade, Darth Maul, Kyp Durron, Qui-Gon Jinn, and since we still don't see much of him in action, Mace Windu. :D
  18. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight

star 5
    No, I don't want to know Palpatine's past. He should be shrouded in mystery, always.

And I don't like the idea of him falling. I prefer to think that he was born evil [face_devil] A character like Palpatine should have no redeeming qualities; he should be 100% pure evil.
  19. Genghis_the_Dead_12 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Of course the whole kicker to this is determining when it would be "set." When do you think Palpatine was young - not his "physical shell," but his essence. Remember, he's alluded to have been jumping bodies for quite a while prior to ROTJ. So, "young" Palpatine may have been 100 years prior to TPM, 300 years, 500 years - who knows?
  20. Lianna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Can't see it. It would be too scary. We might like him or feel sorry for him. No sympathy for the Devil, thank you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.