main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Young Qui-Gon Fic: Repercussions - COMPLETED! Thanks for the Awards!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    *sniffle* Ow. But that was really good, though. :( :)

2. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    drugs hehehe.....

sigh, poor qui.

3. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I dunno why, but I read that chapter really slowly. It took me two days! lol :p

I thought it was awesome though! Especially the last part. It's always fun when drug induced people hurt their friends...Yeah, whatever, it's fanfiction, so pain and distress is fun....right....? ;)

Awesome post! One of the best!!

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Poor Qui-Gon. He was really out of it with the drugs in his system and thinking he was back in prison. And, oh, how terrible that he thought his friends had turned because of him. Great job! Keep going!

5. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Hello everyone. Sorry it's taken me awhile to get to post replies but I've been sick this week. Am slowly getting better though. I don't have a post ready just yet but hopefully that will come soon.

JalendaviLady Hehe. Nope flashbacks are evil.. just ask Qui-Gon ;) Glad you enjoyed it :D nothing wrong with posting first somebody has to ;)

Jenny For shame, Qui-Gon says HE didn't find it very fun at all :p

Kynstar Well there's a Bible verse that I liked that reminds of Kyran Qui and Devin..it's in Proverbs. I forget exactly what chapter and verse right now as my head is still a bit fuzzy but anyway it goes "There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." That gave me lots of inspiration for our Jedi trio.

Female_Obi_Wan Hey you! Glad you liked it! 1,000 apologies that I STILL haven't gotten the beta back to you for Shadowside. I didn't intend on getting sick this week heh. Kinda screwed things up..will try to get that done .. ooh and thanks for finally updating Making :p

Stina-Cri Poor Qui-Gon indeed. He never seems to get a break. Well not from me anyway. :D

Chris-Stacina It's only fun because it's the characters going through the pain and like nobody else. Yay. Although right after surgery I was hurting so badly I didn't even want to make Qui suffer anymore for which he was very pleased... for a few weeks anyway *devil grin* Ahh you just read slow to savor it since it might be a couple of days before the new post right? ;)

Diane Very glad you enjoyed it! As they say the ones you're closest too can sometimes be the one to bury the dagger the deeepest and in Qui's drug induced mind that's what he was thinking had happened to Kyran and Devin :D Glad you liked it!

6. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hiya Everyone. Here's our latest offering. Thanks to everyone for reading and giving us such wonderful feedback. And thanks to Chris-Stacina for gifting Layren and I with a fantastic plot bunny for another story with Devin, Kyran and Qui-Gon. Which will hopefully be ready to be posted on these boards by the fall. (*greencat grins and covers ears as Layren shrieks about the scenes that still need to be written for this story and the other half dozen or so bunnies we are supposed to be working on*)

It took them several days before reaching Dbrakis, a combination of making a round about journey there to throw off any pursuit and the distance of the planet itself from Nar Shadda. Another week passed before they were able to locate a med clinic that was willing to take cash and not insist on identification. The news from the med-droid was not good.

Qui-Gon's leg, untended for so long then badly set had begun to heal incorrectly. The misaligned bone was now twisted, pulling his leg upward so it was several centimeters shorter than the other. Nerves, ligaments, tendons and tissue had all been damaged. Surgery, followed by months of physical therapy, was Qui-Gon's only hope of recovering anything near his previous mobility. Even then, the med-droid noted in its emotionless drone, there was at least a fifty percent probability that the damage was permanent and could only be improved, not completely reversed.

Kyran, Devin and Qui-Gon sat around the small table in the ship's lounge, with the print out of the med-droid's recommendations before them.

"We can cover the expense of the surgery, thanks to the cash Yoda gave us, but that's about it. Nothing will be left for the physical therapy or living expenses," Devin said.

Kyran frowned a little thinking. He sipped from a mug of tea from which the steam was slowly disappearing. He glanced over the reports and then at the envelop in Devin's hand. "Well," he said after a few minutes of silence. "We could work for a living I suppose. Surely somewhere there's bound someone who needs people to lift and do warehouse type work."

"There's also always openings for those able to do repairs on ship engines and other electronics. We won't be living in luxury, but we should be able to manage if we budget carefully. What do you think, Qui-Gon?"

Qui-Gon looked up from studying his hands. For the past two weeks he had managed to keep to his resolution to not cause his friends further aggravation by struggling against their decisions. They had given up their lives as Jedi to free him Tuvlat, it was the least he could do. And he wanted this surgery, wanted the chance to once more be able to move without the clumsy gait he was now forced into. The pain of the surgery and recovery frightened him, the memory of his suffering in prison still fresh in his mind, but how he longed with every fiber of his being to no longer being so helpless because of the limits of his body.

He also knew the dangers of this surgery, not to himself, but to his friends. It meant that they would be tied to one place. Employment would mean that records would be kept on his friends, which would increase the chances that someone would recognize who they really were. And while he recovered from the surgery, he would become even more of a burden to his friends, who would be forced even further into the roles of caretakers. Qui-Gon wouldn't even be able to find work while he recovered, meaning that he couldn't even contribute to earning the cash to pay their living expenses.

"No. I don't think its a good idea." Qui-Gon said quietly.

Kyran blinked up in surprise. "Qui-Gon, this isn't the healers. They shouldn't be all THAT horrible." He tried to joke lamely.

"Its too risky. No surgery." Qui-Gon kept his eyes on the table, ashamed that he had to argue with his friends, but determined that they would not be put in any greater danger than they already were.

" It won't be that bad. It's more risky if you let it stay that way. We can help ease you into a h

7. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Ohhh I liked how Devin handled this situation.
    Peace, serenity... a Jedi through and through. :)
    Great post! :D

8. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Ack more plot bunnies!!! *tries to bat them off* we're not even done with this one yet!!!! somebody save me...help..*whimpers* We still have the cult fic and the Xanatos/Qui one and the young Qui/Dooku one ... and what about the Obi-wan fic we started too....oh dear...

*spies Qui-Gon laughing in the corner* Shut up Qui-Gon....I still have the power to beat the stuffing out of you in this fic it's not done yet..

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh I do hope this isn't the end! They still gotta get back to the Temple and clear their names!!

Great work! I like the inner turmoils of the friends! Each thinking of the other first! How sweet! I really liked this postie alot!! *Sniff* say there's more!!

10. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Of course there's more hehe this isn't the end by any means which is why I'm trying to beat off more plot bunnies :p .. *mock glares at greencat* stop scaring the readers

11. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I also liked how Devin handled the whole blow-up - a Jedi to the bone. I guess it would be expected that Qui-Gon would have problems with his leg after it was so badly broken. And I'm sure that he hates being a burden more than the pain.

Good job with the whole setup. Keep going.

12. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Jeday Yes Devin is the calm rational thinking one of the group most of the time. [face_mischief] Not always though

Kynstar don't worry there's plenty more story left for you. Right now we're only at around page 110 of 172 on my word processor ;)

Diane Hey there! Glad to see you're still reading it! Glad you liked Devin too :D About Qui-Gon's leg yes it was broken and hasn't had any real treatment except for a cast and that was several weeks later. hehe you should watch Rob Roy again ;) He didn't die.... I promise ;)

13. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    In the end, however, the entire discussion was moot.

What does this mean?

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    the word 'moot' means hypothetical. In otherwords, all that emotional turmoil over should Qui have the surgery or not is going to turn out to be pointless.

Why it turns out to be pointless . . . well, Layren and I know why but are still writing up the scene. So unfortunately, our lovely readers will have to wait a few days to find out why. :)

15. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  16. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Hello Everyone! We've finished that scene a bit earlier than expected so here is our latest piece! This part was kind of hard for me since the surgery bits are just a little too close to home for comfort. Sorry about the formatting of this particular post my computer wasn't quite cooperating the way I wanted it to. I hope it's not too hard to read. Enjoy!

Qui-Gon sat on the bed in the med-facility awaiting the surgery that would begin the long process of reversing the damage done to his leg in Tuvlat. He shivered slightly, from the cold he tried to convince
    himself, since he was only wearing the thin wrap around robe that had been given to him to wear when he
    registered a few hours earlier. Registered under an assumed name with half of their remaining funds paid as a deposit. The choice of this med-facility had far more to do with the fact that no identification was needed than the quality of care available. This wasn't the Temple where he had access to the best
    Healers in the galaxy. Instead an older model med droid would assist a physician in straightening the
    twisted bone.

Qui-Gon sighed trying to hide his anxiousness from his friends. He was nervous about the pain and recovery but more worried about being a burden to his friends afterward than anything else. He tried to reach out to the Force to calm his anxiety but he was having difficulty concentrating.

Qui-Gon hated this. Soon he's be given the anesthesia that would knock him unconscious, leaving him helpless. They would cut into his body, rebreaking bone, slicing through muscle and tissue . . . Qui-Gon
    gripped the sheets under him tightly, knuckles white and shaking. His breathing began to quicken.

"Kyran. Devin. I . . . I can't." Qui-Gon looked desperately at his friends, the shame he felt at his
    own cowardice warring with the terror of surrendering control of his body to strangers.

Kyran came over to stand beside him. "Qui-Gon you can. You need this surgery to help mend your leg and you know things will be better after you wake up. You need to relax. Breathe in deep."

"I know they are not the Healers you usually keep busy, but they are capable, competent physicians, otherwise they wouldn't have a license from their government." chimed in Devin as he came to stand on
    Qui-Gon's other side.

Qui-Gon couldn't seem to get a deep breath, his lungs felt as if they were being squeezed by iron bands.
    Like he was crushed under the weight of the massive guards. They too had worked under the blessings of
    their government. Qui-Gon swung his legs over the side of the bed, standing up unsteadily. He reached for the IV the med droid had inserted just minutes before, intending to rip it out so that he could make his
    escape.

Kyran felt his friend's panic and reached over putting his hands on top of Qui-Gon's to prevent him from ripping out the IV. "Qui-Gon relax. It will be over in just a few hours. You'll be back to normal sooner if
    you have this surgery. Remember what the med droid said, without this procedure you won't be able to have your full mobility back. It will be alright. Calm." Kyran said as he continued to hold onto his friend.
    "Perhaps we should meditate, it will help to relax a bit."

Devin reached out to take the hand that Kyran offered, placing his other hand over Qui-Gon's. The physical
    circle that this created was echoed by the joining of their bonds of friendship. He could feel the sharp panic in Qui-Gon's mind lessen as both he and Kyran shared their own certainty that this surgery was for
    the best. Slowly, some of the tension left Qui-Gon's body.

Calmer, Qui-Gon allowed his friends to help him back onto the wheeled bed. His face burned with embarrassment. He whispered, "I apologize."

Kyran patted his shoulder gently. "It's alright. You have nothing to be sorry for. I can't imagine that IV
    being very comfortable. But it has to stay for a little while longer."

Qui-Gon nodded, not trusting his voice at the moment. He had fought in life threatening battles against
    overwhelming odds and not felt as

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Qui... he isn't gonna be too thrilled when he awakens. Don't think he'll allow that to happen again. I bet the boys will have to force Qui to get the operation now.

Worn out their welcome, eh? hehehe Is that an understatement or what? *snrk* hehehehe

Great work. I loved the friendship part the best! The 2 helping calm Qui-Gon's anxiety.

18. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Poor Qui-Gon indeed. To wake up and no surgery done. :(
    It's getting worse and worse. :D

19. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    This is just getting worse and worse. Poor Qui-Gon is never going to get his leg fixed at this rate.

Keep going. Rescue the poor guy!

20. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Will the suffering never end 8-} the poor guys just can't get a break.

21. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Kynstar Most definetely Qui is NOT going to be happy when he wakes up. We've already sort of started working on the next scene. We're going to try to finish it on Thursday so we can post maybe early next week ;) No promises though. Glad you liked the friendship bits :D I like them too. They truly are like three brothers.

jeday Nope not happy at all :D Worse? come on at least he's out of prison now ;) Doesn't that count for something [face_devil] I can always send him back if you like.

Diane You're still reading! Wow I'm so impressed you've been here since post one :D Of course poor Qui isn't having an easy time of it even on the run. I have to get my torture fix in somehow don't I? LIke I said I could always throw him back in prison so technically it's NOT worse .. he's just going to be woefully disappointed is all ... [face_mischief]

Jenny Nope!!!! Of course not! Greencat and I thrive on angst :D We're quite enjoying ourselves and he does have a break it's just not one he wants . [face_mischief] You've been here since the beginning too.... THANK YOU!!!

22. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Next Chapter. :)

Qui-Gon looked around the room blearily. It was hard to make his eyes focus, harder still to make sense of anything that he was seeing. His attempt to sit up was quickly aborted when the world began to spin crazily about him. Laying back down, he groaned softly.

"It's alright Qui-Gon. Just relax." Kyran held a cup of water with a straw to his friend's lips. "Drink some water. It will help."

Qui-Gon sipped gratefully, the cold water felt wonderful going down his dry throat. His stomach, however, seemed to be undecided about whether to welcome it. Qui-Gon closed his eyes and concentrated on convincing his stomach to behave itself.

Kyran felt his friend trying to calm his stomach and reached out to the Force trying to aide his friend in healing. "It's alright." He said again.

"The surgery? How did it go?" Qui-Gon whispered. His leg was sore, but not the intense pain he'd expected. Perhaps the pain blockers were still in his system.

Kyran chewed at his bottom lip. He hated having to tell Qui-Gon that the surgery he'd expected never happened. He knew how disappointed his friend would be at not being able to regain his mobility as soon as they'd hoped.

Qui-Gon frowned at Kyran's reaction. Something was wrong. That was when he realized that he was on his bunk on the ship. Looking down at his leg, he saw no signs of any repairs. It was just as twisted as it had been this morning. "What happened?"

"Bounty hunters found us right as you were taken into the operating room." Kyran said quietly.

"Devin?" Qui-Gon sat up again, this time ignoring the dizziness. Frantically, he asked "Where's Devin? Is he okay? Are you okay?"

"He's fine. Lay down. " Kyran ordered. "He's piloting the ship. Somebody has to. We're both fine. No injuries."

Qui-Gon grabbed hold of Kyran's arm, in part to steady himself and in part to be able to better examine his friend for himself. "The truth! No hiding anything."

Kyran held his arm steady for Qui-Gon and then looked at him in the eye. "I am telling the truth. We're fine. You don't have any new injuries and neither do we. It's all alright."

"All right? We're still fugitives, you and Devin have again been attacked by bounty hunters, I'm still half crippled and you say we're fine, its alright." Qui-Gon began to laugh hysterically, burying his face in his hands, shoulders shaking. Soon sobs became intermixed with the laughter.

Kyran sighed deeply and drew his friend closer and rubbed his back comfortingly. "Qui-Gon. We have to trust the Force that things will work out for the best." He said.

Qui-Gon shoved away Kyran's hand. The hysterical laughter disappeared. "This is my punishment from the Force and I deserve it for falling to the Dark in Tuvlat. Go home Kyran. Take Devin and go home."

"Qui-Gon. Nobody deserves to endure what you endured." Kyran said his stomach twisting with the reminder that it was his fault. "We're not leaving you. We've been through this already."

Qui-Gon slumped back into his bunk. Perhaps this was part of his punishment, also. To watch his friends be hunted across the galaxy. "Where are we going now?"

"We haven't actually decided yet. " Kyran said. "That topic is still open for negotiation. If you have any suggestions -- other than us taking you back and us going home without you -- we need them."

Someplace to hide. Both times his friends had been found because of him. Once because he had demanded to walk about a city alone. Then when they attempted to get medical care for his leg. This time the priority would go to finding a place where they would be safe. Someplace that three fugitives could disappear and there would be no one they had to worry about seeing them.

"Null," Qui-Gon said suddenly.

Kyran looked at him in confusion. "Where is that? Never even heard of it."

"Its on the edge of the known galaxy. Master Dooku mentioned it to me once. Primitive world, mostly because the people there have rejected technology rather than having a lack of access. A

23. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    [face_shocked]

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Qui! *sniff* Well at least he was able to contribute to their goings. Null ummm sounds familiar.

A primative planet, this could be interesting! Hehehehe can almost imagine the 3 in loin cloths and swinging from the trees! Well almost! ;) hehehehe *snrk*

Can't wait for more!

25. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Poor Qui-Gon - no help for his leg and they're going to be hiding in the woods, it seems.

Keep going. I want everything to come out all right. NOW! LOL.

Good job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.