main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Young Qui-Gon Fic: Repercussions - COMPLETED! Thanks for the Awards!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Jenny LOL shocked speechless? My that's a first.....

Kynstar Girl! for shame! Putting images like that in my head... mmmm nice.... Qui in loincloth...swinging from trees......

Diane Now??? But I still have 40 pages left in microsoft word! *wails* I suppose you'll just have to be patient for awhile longer ;) But we are getting closer to the end. Just hang in there :D

2. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh swinging from tree's is a nice idea hehehe

3. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Here are 2 awesome starwars sites.

http://www.idontfear.com/

http://www.clockdown.com/

4. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Hope Null is a good idea. Somehow don't believe it. :(

5. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    I've heard of null before, but where hmmmmmmmmmm

6. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Hello everyone! here's our latest offering! It's a little bit shorter than some of our other ones I'm afraid, but in the meantime check out my new fic :D And my very first solo humor attempt...

Repercussions

Part 24 B

Planning on eating any of that?" Kyran asked mildly after watching Qui-Gon rearrange the cooked grains in his bowl for about fifteen minutes, without ever actually managing to put any of it in his mouth.

Qui-Gon struggled awkwardly to his feet. His chair clattered noisily to the floor, tipped over by his clumsy movements. Picking up the bowl, he threw it angrily in the direction of the kitchen sink. Its contents splattered across the floor and wall, the plastic bowl ricocheting off the wall to land at Devin's feet. "Its none of your concern if I eat or not," declared Qui-Gon angrily. He hobbled out of the room.

Through the window, Devin and Kyran watched as Qui-Gon limped down to the stream that bordered the clearing in front of the hunting cabin. Fists clenched at his side, head bowed down to his chest, back to the cabin, Qui-Gon stood motionless. Long minutes passed, the two friends looking back and forth at each other and Qui-Gon. Finally, Devin rose and began to clean up the mess. It was not the first destructive outburst from Qui-Gon they had cleaned up in the week since they had arrived.

"He's almost completely stopped eating," Kyran sighed, rising to help in clean up the remains of breakfast. "I don't think he's sleeping more than a few hours a night either. And he won't even attempt to mediate anymore. That staring off into space is just a way to keep us out, it seems."

"We're not mind healers, Kyran. That's what he needs," said Devin.

"No problem, we'll just zip on back to the Temple and see it there are any appointments open," snapped Kyran

"Kyran," there was a gently tone of reproach in the name.

"What?" Kyran snapped. Then he paused. "I'm sorry Devin." He sighed. "I'm just worried."

"I know. He's getting worse and nothing we do seems to help."

"What do you do when you try to help someone and nothing works?" He said in frustration. "We've tried almost everything."

Devin shook his head, not having any answer. "We'll just have to keep reaching out to him and hope that eventually he'll reach back."

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor guys... they're trying their hardest.. definitely must be taxing on their nerves and patience. Hehehehe A most hair rising test of their Jedi discipline of 'patience' gives a new whole meaning to the word, eh? hehehe Great shorty post! A week's gone by eh? Ummm poor Qui... eating him up to the point he isn't focusing but 'floating'. *sniff!*

8. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Dont make me come over there and kick your booty quigon, cause i'll do it!

9. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Poor all of them. Qui-Gon, whether they believe it or not, is trying to starve himself to death. Better get him turned around and soon.

Good job.

10. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Kynstar Yes they are having a rough time and most definetely are getting their patience tested :D True test of discipline being in close quarters for so long ;)

Jenny Now now be nice to poor Qui ;) He's had a rough time you know

Diane Yes poor all of them .. *big group hug*

Here's the newest scene! Sorry it's so short. We'll have a longer one up this weekend.

It was early summer on Null. The air was warm, with a slight breeze keeping it from becoming uncomfortably hot. . A few wispy white clouds floated lazily across a clear blue sky. The stream burbled merrily over a few rocks, before settling down into a placid flow deep enough for small fish to dart back and forth in. The sun sparkled off the surface of the water. Tiny insects flitted around the stream and the lush plants that grew next to it.

Qui-Gon clenched fists trembled. If only he could release the Dark feelings within him. So much anger and fear ate at his soul. His first morning here, he sat by the stream and opened himself up the Living Force. He was overwhelmed by the purity he felt, generated by the unspoiled land around him.

In horror he had instantly cut himself off from it. He knew he had been tainted, but until that moment he hadn't realized to what extent. On Nar Shadda and Dbrakis the contrast between himself and energy of the Living Force hadn't been as great, both planets were themselves somewhat tainted from the environmental damage of unrestricted industrialization and the high amount of corruption and crime among the sentient beings.

But on Null . . . if he released the Dark emotions that festered within him into the surrounding Living Force, it would be like dumping toxic waste into the pristine stream that flowed before him. His existence had become a poisonious thing, tainting all that it came in contact with. His friends had refused, again and again, to leave him even though it meant their eventual destruction. Therefore, he had to leave them. One way or another.

11. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, I really liked this post. I loved that Qui-Gon has not been able to release his darker thoughts for fear of tainting the pure force around him. Poor guy. I bet he's going to try to suicide again or run away into the arms of the hunters. Darn!

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    AHHHHHH! *SNIFF!!* Poor Qui-Gon!!! He feels tainted and corrupt! And afraid to release them into the Living Force... ummm this is deja vu well sorta ;) hehehehe

Poor man... doesn't want to cause the pureness around him to become tainted. How sweet and noble of our Fav Master. Always thinking of others and things before himself. *SIGH* *Sniffle*

And this?!

if he released the Dark emotions that festered within him into the surrounding Living Force, it would be like dumping toxic waste into the pristine stream that flowed before him. His existence had become a poisonious thing, tainting all that it came in contact with. His friends had refused, again and again, to leave him even though it meant their eventual destruction. Therefore, he had to leave them. One way or another.

Ayi! What do you have planned up them full sleeves of yours, Master Jinn? Ummmm?

Great work!!!! Can't wait for more! :D :D Thanks for the shortie!

13. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    OH NO [face_shocked]

14. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Umm, about that post Layren and I promised for this weekend [face_blush]

The next scene is one of those that we consider crucial to the characters' development and emotional journey in the story. Sadly, we lost the original verion of it. We wrote it agian, but weren't entirely happy with the rewrite. Then, happy happy, Layren discovered part of it while cleaning out ancient email. Our joy at recovering part of the scene was tempered by the fact it was only part of the scene. The ending was still missing.

We began work on finishing up the scene, integrating some of the new ideas from the rewrite, and doing the overal editing that is standard operating procedure. We had hoped that it would be completeted in time to post this weekend . . .

But neither Layren nor I were happy with the flow of the scene. Since we consider it one of the more important ones in terms of the story, we wanted it to be 'just right.' To make the situation even more challenging, we were having a great deal of trouble co-ordinating our schedules to write. This was mostly my fault, I must admit. The end of the school year is a hectic time and on top of that I decided to go camping the past two weekends.

To make a long story even longer, the next scene is not finished to our satisfaction so it is therefore not ready to be posted. I apologize for the delay. If the Force (and our Muses) are with us, it will be up by Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Once more, sorry for not having the promised post up and thank you all for your continued reading of our tale.

15. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Take the time you need. We will wait patiently. (face_wink).
    Hope his friends'll stop Qui-Gon to do something very stupid.

16. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    As it turns out, Lauren and I were able to hammer out this scene a little earlier than expected. You may recognize some Cyndi Lauper lyrics buried in here (yes, I did come of age in the 80's ;) ) This scene was a major challenge to us. We are pleased with the final results and we hope that our readers will be also. And don't worry. then next few scenes are written so there won't be nearly as long of a wait for them!

Kyran awoke from a nightmare of being devoured by shadows. It took him a minute to realize that the dream was not of his own mind's creation, but images that were leaking over his link with Qui-Gon.

Quietly, so not to wake Devin, he slipped out of their shared bedroom into Qui-Gon's room.

The only light in the room came from the window, flung open with the curtains drawn back. The star filled night sky gave Kyran just enough light to see that Qui-Gon's bed was empty. Glancing around in concern, Kyran spotted Qui-Gon.

He had wedged himself into the far corner of the room, his unlit lightsaber clenched tightly in white knuckled fists. Blue eyes were open wide, the whites showing around them. Eyes that stared at Kyran with no hint of recognition in them.

"Qui-Gon," whispered Kyran, moving slowly towards him.

Qui-Gon jammed himself further into the corner, tightening his grip on the lightsaber.

Kyran reached out with the Force, switching on the small lamp on the nightstand. Qui-Gon started and turned to stare at the light.

"Qui-Gon, its Kyran. You're safe. Its okay," Kyran said reassuringly.

Qui-Gon's head swiveled back towards Kyran. Recognition slowly filled his eyes. The lightsaber fell to the floor as he buried his face in his hands.

"Why?" Qui-Gon moaned so softly Kyran barely heard him.

"Why what?"

"Why didn't you leave me there? It would have been best if you just left me there. I would have been dead soon." Qui-Gon had drawn his knees up to his chest, hands still covered his face.

Kyran was stunned. He knelt down next to Qui-Gon, unsure of what to say. "Qui-Gon, your loss would have been terrible, to both the Jedi Order and to your friends who love you."

"But I am lost. To the Order. To everyone."

"Its just a matter of time before your identity is proven and we're all cleared of the charges. We'll be back at the Temple soon, I'm sure." Kyran tentatively reached out to lay a hand on Qui-Gon's shoulder.

Qui-Gon flinched beneath the touch. "I'm not going back."

"What do you mean?" asked Kyran. Was Qui-Gon still this worried that he would be recaptured and returned to Tuvlat?

"Peace over anger. Honor over hate. Strength over fear. The Code of the Jedi. How can I be a Jedi if there is only anger, hate and fear within me? I can't go back to the Jedi, now."

"Qui-Gon, you survived a horrible time in one of the galaxy's worst prisons. A Dark Jedi did his best to break your spirit. You're reacting to the trauma. Remember your training. All Jedi are taught about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It's a perfectly natural reaction to . . . "

"Not for a Jedi," hissed Qui-Gon. "A Jedi should be able to control his emotions. There is no emotion, there is peace. I have no peace. And even worse, is what calls to me. I feel it, so close. It never leaves me anymore. I'm not sure . . . I don't think I can. Not for much longer. I can't fight it anymore."

"Fight what?" Kyran whispered.

"The Darkness." Qui-Gon's head shot up, his eyes meeting Kyran's, his voice low and intense. "I won't turn. There's only one escape left to me. Only one place the Darkness can't follow."

Kyran's stomach clenched. Qui-Gon was no longer making any attempt at shielding. Despair and self-loathing flooded across their bond. His 'escape' was the decision Kyran had feared he'd make ever since he first noticed Qui-Gon had stopped eating. Qui-Gon was willing himself to die.

"There are always alternatives, Qui-Gon." Kyran said, sending love back over their bond.

"And you are not alone. We are here and if you

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    How sweet!!! Loved this! Trio care so much for each other... let alone Qui does w/o realizing it. Loved these lines!

"What convinces me that you're still there? The fact that you are more concerned about the well being of your friends than yourself. The fact that you are striving to find a way to reject the Darkness rather than taking the easy path and embracing it. You've stumbled along your path. Everyone does. All Jedi are tempted. You've just have to reach the point where you can begin to build back up again." Kyran said. "You've got to let go of your guilt of not being perfect and move on. All Jedi fail. No one is perfect."

GREAT job!!! Takes my breath away once more! :D

18. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Excellent. Well done. I just hope that it 'takes' with Qui-Gon. He does seem a bit stubborn but he is a true friend, willing to let go rather than bring them into the darkness.

Looking forward to more.

19. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Ohh, so good that they found a way to open up! :D

20. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Ohhhh that was soo great

21. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Thank you for the kind words about the last scene. Here's the next bit. A tiny bit of angst and lots and lots of mush. Melodramatic pulp but hopefully fun to read melodramatic pulp. [face_batting]

Devin sat at the kitchen table, the only illumination the small light above the cooking unit. A cup of tea, long gone cold, sat on the table before him. Kyran and Qui-Gon were asleep. Come dawn, only a few hours away, it would be the third straight night Qui-Gon had gotten a full night's sleep with no nightmares. The sleeping arrangements had been shifted slightly after the late night intervention a few weeks ago. Qui-Gon now slept in the room with the two beds, so that some one could guard his dreams, shifting his mind away from the nightmares when possible. Waking and comforting when not.

Qui-Gon, Devin thought pensively. Physically he had recovered as much as he would with the limited medical supplies available to the fugitives. The broken leg had mended as well as it was going to without real medical attention, but it was twisted, shorter by several centimeters than the other. Qui-Gon walked off balance, with a limp and a change in the weather or over exhertion caused a dull, throbbing ache. The left wrist, also twisted from healing untreated, had resulted in a hand that barely closed and had little of the strength it once possessed. The torn back was now a roadmap of thick scars. Once Qui-Gon had begun eating again, some of his strength had returned. Regular exercise, katas and sparring helped even more strength to return.

Psychologically, Devin supposed progress was being made. On the positive side, Qui-Gon was now meditating again, with only a little assistance from Kyran or himself. He was starting to let go of the many Dark emotions that had plagued him for so long. However, by coming face to face with his internal demons, Qui-Gon's nightmares and panic attacks seemed to be growing even worse. Kyran said it was a normal part of the healing process, that things got worse before they would get better. Devin could only take him at his word. Qui-Gon alternately accepted and raged against it.

Devin wanted to rage against it all, too. Wanted to scream out his anguish at the pain his friend was going through. He wanted to sob in frustration along with Qui-Gon at his friend's slow recovery. And he wanted to go home.

He wanted the serentiy of the Temple. He wanted to walk in its gardens and listen to the wit and wisdom of the Masters. He wanted Qui-Gon to get decent medical care and soul healers that knew what they were doing, not making up a treatment plan based on half remember humaniod psych classes from their padawan days. He wanted to see his own Padawan.

Devin glanced at the chrono. It was, he estimated, around firstmeal at the Temple. On Jalei's 15th nameday. What was his padawan doing? Did anyone else remember the importance of this day? Or was Jalei also alone, trying her best to hide her sadness and loneliness from those around her.

?Credit for your thoughts? a voice behind him said softly.

Devin started, knocking over his tea mug. Grabbing a dishtowel, he said to Kyran, "Aren't you supposed to be watching Qui-Gon?"

Kyran shrugged, ?He's still asleep. I didn't want to wake him. He's resting peacefully for the moment. What were you thinking about??

Devin tossed the soaked towel into the sink. Frowning at the now empty mug, he set it on the counter. "Nothing that matters."

Kyran studied his friend. There was something more to Devin?s mood than just worry about their current situation. After a few moments of thought, the answer came to him. ?Today is Jalei's naming day, isn't it??

Devin stared out the window above the sink, his back to Kyran. All he could see was darkness. "Her fifteenth."

Kyran nodded, his eyes full of sympathy. ?I understand. Jayla . . . I feel her reaching out to me over our bond, occasionally. I wonder what she?s doing, who?s looking out for her. It's hard to be cut off from . . . well everything.? He shook his head

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    That is so sweet! The boys helping each other out to help Qui! Sad that he is missing his Paddy's b'day. But so sweet that he's willing to do so for Qui-Gon! Ahhh the love of friends! [face_love] :D :D

Great job!!! Loving this! Loving this!! Hopefully soon though they'll get a message at least informing them the status of what the Senate/Council is doing for their case(s).

Great work!!

23. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Yes, this friend are sweet. :)
    Hope they get help soon!

24. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    That's so sad. They need to get back to the Temple and soon! Good job.

25. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    great story and if anyone has time could they tell me how to post story's i'm new so....... therefore useless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.