main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Young Qui-Gon Fic: Repercussions - COMPLETED! Thanks for the Awards!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Thanks for the positive comments. :) That was one of my favorite scenes, just because its one of the few times that we explored what was going on in Devin's head.

Sdhfs, as to your question on how to post a story, it couldn't be easier. Just go to the appropriate board (before the saga, the saga, beyond the saga). Click on the 'post new topic' and start your tale.

As you may have noticed, many fanfic authors place the link to their stories in their signature, as a subtle plea to others to go and read it. ;)

2. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    thanks and i'll try that signature thing i started a story but being new no one has even glanced at my story~cries~

3. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    i don 't think i posted this last time so i'll say thanks again and say that i have been reading this story from the start i normly stick to obi romances but this story caught my attention and i think it's great

4. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Am finally all caught up with this!

Now you know everything. The man you loved as a brother died in Tuvlat. All that is left is a twisted parody.

:_| Ow. Brilliantly written, though. :_|

5. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Thanks again so much everyone for your wonderful replies. We're very glad you're so supportive of our little tale. We've had a very good time writing it. We'll try to have another post up soon but I've started a new job so it'll probably have to wait till Thursday.

Hope everyone's having a great summer! Don't forget to vote in the summer fanfic awards.

6. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    This is a little bit off topic, but . . .

My youngest sister is going to have a baby!!! [face_dancing] She is due December 11th, it will be her first. My middle sister is going to have a baby in early August. It will be her fourth!

So, by mid-December, our family will have FIVE little padawans (newborn up to 8 years old) running around. Yipee! :D

7. Layren

Oct 28, 2003

My youngest sister is going to have a baby!!! She is due December 11th, it will be her first. My middle sister is going to have a baby in early August. It will be her fourth!

My your sisters are brave to be pregnant in the summer time :p My congrats to both of them!!!

8. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    It seems the boys have been sitting around with the mush and agnst and comfort long enough. Lets get them moving again :D

The three men faced each other in a small circle. The group meditation was being led by Kyran. Across their bond, Kyran encouraged the others to release the tensions of the day, to accept the peaceful feelings of the surrounding forest as the day ended. The plants drinking in the last rays of the sun's light, the creatures of the day finding places to rest, while those of the night began to stir. It was still difficult for Qui-Gon to fully relax, a small part of him insisted he must stay on guard. But that part of him was lessening, being replaced with the willingness to once again accept existing in the moment of the Living Force.

Kyran breathed deeply, releasing his frustrations and fears as he exhaled. A dark ripple in the Force caught the edge of his awareness. Shielding part of his mind from his companions as not to disrupt their shared meditation, he contemplated it. The darkness wasn?t anything being released into the Force by either of his friends. He followed the ripple outwards, to an evil presence moving quickly towards them. Not wanting to break Qui-Gon out of the serenity of his meditations if he didn?t have to, Kyran sent a shielded thought towards Devin.

//What's wrong// Devin replied, also keeping the exchange tightly shielded from Qui-Gon. Over the bond he could feel the spike of worry from Devin

// Did you feel that?// asked Kyran.

Following the tendril of Force sense Kyran sent him, Devin caught the darkness moving towards them. //Trouble. Can you get a feel for what exactly it might be?//

//Several beings, moving closer to us.// Kyran looked up, his eyes suddenly wide as he realized what they intended. ?Down!? Kyran shouted as he pulled Qui-Gon to the ground just as several blaster bolts shot over their heads.

Devin leapt to his feet, calling his lightsaber to his hand and igniting it. The orange blade deflected the incoming stun bolts, providing cover while Qui-Gon and Kyran scrambled to their feet. From the forest several bounty hunters emerged. Teal and green blades sprung to life as Kyran and Qui-Gon positioned themselves to either side of Devin. The calm that Qui-Gon had gained from the mediation was gone. Over their still open bond they could clearly feel Qui-Gon's growing fear, centered over the immense reptilian humanoid leading the attack. Kyran tried to help Qui-Gon control his fear and focus on the attack.

Heeding a warning flash from the Force, Devin launched himself into a back flip over the heads of his companions. Landing with his back to them, his blade intercepted the stun bolts fired from a second group of bounty hunters ?About a dozen more this side," called out Devin.

Kyran swore in Rodian. "There's another dozen in front. We should split up, there's no way we can fight that many.?

"On three then, we'll go." Devin said. According to the plans they had made weeks ago, if found again by bounty hunters, they would make their way back to their ship, hidden half a klick away.

"On three," echoed Qui-Gon. He was the one that had insisted that in case of trouble the three split up. He knew that he was the main target of the hunt. The more that chased him, the fewer his friends had to deal with. He had no intentions of being captured, though. He'd determined he would die before he let that happen again.

Kyran continued to deflect stun bolts, glancing at Qui-Gon worriedly. "One......two.. three!" With Force enhanced speed, he rushed past the bounty hunters.

Qui-Gon ran in the opposite direction of Kyran. The quick burst of speed the Force gave him would have to get him as far away as possible. Once it was used up, his limp would slow him down considerably.

Devin rushed towards the bounty hunters in front of him, yelling a Wookie battle cry at the top of his lungs, brandishing his lightsaber threateningly. As he hoped, his opponents fell back slightly, startled by the unexp

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh man oh man!!! Poor Qui!!! Having his fears come alive once more!!!! It doesn't look to favorably for our Jedi buddies!!! *sniff*

Heavy, hefty posty there!! Them bloody darts are a pain in the kisser!!

Great post!!! :D :D

10. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Kynstar Does it EVER look good for our Jedi in this fic? :D come now ... hehehe

11. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    [face_thinking] ...hmmm, Devin let's go and [face_praying] pray we get out of this mess! 7

12. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Growls. Oh no, Qui is captured again! And his friend too! :( Hope they get help and can show that Jedis are not as easy to handle...
    Liked Devin's Wookie battle cry. :D

13. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Thanks, everyone. Glad you liked it. Action scenes are a bit of a challenge for us.

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Kyran awoke slowly, feeling groggy, uncertain about where he was and how he got there. Wherever it was, it was dark and cold. He attempted to raise his hand to rub at his eyes, when it was jerked up short by a length of chain bolted to the cold floor. His situation came flooding back: the bounty hunters attack, the flight through the woods, going back for Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon! Kyran looked around frantically, reaching out with his Force sense for his friend. He didn't have to search very long. Qui-Gon was stretched out on the floor a few feet away from him. Like Kyran, chains ran from his neck, wrists and ankles to heavy bolts on the metal floor.

Qui-Gon appeared to be uninjured. Well, Kyran amended to himself with no new injuries, but he was still unconscious. No surprise, the bounty hunters had focused their attack on him. He had taken far more of the sleep darts than Kyran had.

The background humming and slight vibration finally registered on Kyran. They must be on a ship, headed back to C'lasi. Where was Devin, Kyran suddenly wondered. His stomach twisted for a moment with the fear that Devin might have been killed. No, the bond between them let Kyran know that Devin was alive, although quite far away and quite worried. Kyran wasn't surprised at that, he was a bit worried himself. Despite their efforts, Qui-Gon was being taken back to Tuvlat. He had just begun to deal with the emotional trauma of his original stay there. What would happen when he awoke and realized that he had been recaptured?

Kyran tugged on the chains that bound him, which stubbornly refused to give. They must be in a cargo hold. Besides himself, Qui-Gon and the chains, it was empty. They had been stripped of everything but their under tunics and pants, Kyran noted. Even their boots were gone. No wonder it had felt so cold. Well, one thing that they hadn't touched was his connection to the Force.

Concentrating, Kyran focused on the chains that bound him, only to discover they had been welded together. No locking mechanism to disable, just solid metal. The bolts had also been welded into the floor. Take out the bolts meant taking out the floor and Kyran wasn't sure how close to the hull they were. He might accidentally create a hole out into space. That would certainly end any escape plans.

Well, they would have to move them eventually, he would just have to be ready. But would Qui-Gon be ready? How was Qui-Gon going to react to his recapture? Images flashed through Kyran?s mind, memories Qui-Gon shared with them after he finally opened up to his friends about his experiences in Tuvlat. The casual brutality horrified Kyran, not just because his best friend had born the brunt of so much of it.

Kyran forced himself to focus on Qui-Gon?s current state of mind, rather than the events that contributed to it. Qui-Gon was healing, but coming face to face with his memories and feelings rather than the brutal suppression of them that had been his way of dealing with them for months resulted in . . . well, to put it nicely it meant that right now Qui-Gon was in a very delicate place mentally. In the midst of this, he was thrust back into the same situation that had done so much damage. A moan from the other side of the room, had Kyran stretching out as far as his chains would allow. Still too far to reach his friend, he quietly said, "Qui-Gon?"

Qui-Gon groaned as he came to. It felt like a reek had been trapped inside his skull and was trying to ram it's way out. ?Kyran??

"I'm here, Qui-Gon. How are you feeling?" Kyran kept his voice calm. This was going to be hard enough on Qui-Gon as it was, he had to make sure he did all he could to help his friend survive this.

Qui-Gon moaned. ?Like I lost an argument with an angry Wookie. Where are we?? He tried to sit up only to find that something was restraining him.

"Go slowly, we were drugged. Focus on clearing the last of the sedative from you system." Kyran said.

Qui-Gon ignored his friend's advice and instead tried to see what

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Well at least they are working together! Poor Qui... it is good that Kyran is with him! He'll help Qui out!

But it will be difficult for them both if they have to watch either or get tortured!

Great post! Hurry Devin and catch up with them!!

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, these poor guys. They never get a break. I hope that Devin will get to them in time. BTW, where's the Council in all this? Surely, they have been working to clear up this mess - even behind the scenes!!!

Good job. Keep up the good work!

17. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Kynstar

Yes it's a very good thing Kyran was with him -- Qui would not have been able to control his panic at all if he'd woken up by himself ;) Glad you liked the post!

Diane Nope no breaks allowed :D Not on my watch [face_devil] Hehe actually we discussed what the Council was up -- the most obvious conclusion was that they took a collective vacation to the Star wars version of Las Vegas :D

Yaddle and Depa are busy with the slot machines. Poof is hovering around the all you can eat buffets ;) while Adi Gallia is seeing how many different types of coffee she can mix up at once and still have it taste good ;) Mace is playing black jack and who knows what yoda's up to -- most likely rigging Mace's card deck so he always winds up losing ;)

Seriously , the galaxy continues on its way, meaning that there are still lots and lots of crisis and not enough Jedi to deal with them all. So the council still has to deal with 'normal business.'

Second . .since the Council doesn't want to start a war against C'lasi, they have to rely on negotiations. which are not going well since the C'lasi government refuses to admit, despite evidence
    to the contrary, that Duursema is really Qui-Gon. So the Council is still in negotiations, in addition to all the other stuff they do. And if you think that a year is a long time for hostage negotiation, go get your American history book and look up the Iran hostage crisis of the late 1970's. They were held for 444 days.

Third there is the very real crime of Devin and Kyran's, breaking Qui out of prision. Understandable, but still illegal. Jedi are not above the Law. So if they did try to find them then they'd have to put them on trial for breaking Qui-Gon out.

Hope that helps answer your question ;)

18. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    It's good that Kyran is there to help Qui-Gon! :)
    But how long 'll he be able to do so? :(

19. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    He felt the presence of the man before he entered the room. His aura was one of vicious gloating, cruel and merciless. Kyran?s eyes widened as he shifted his position into as much of a defensive stance as he could manage with the chains binding him. The alien striding over was enormous. He was at least three standard meters tall with orange skin, yellow eyes and sharp, vicious claws. He sent a warning nudge along his bond with Qui-Gon to wake him.

Ignoring Kyran, Yomar strode over to Qui-Gon, in a loud voice saying, "Wake up, Duursema. Time to renew old friendships."

Qui-Gon came to slowly at Kyran's warning, having been deeply asleep.

Yomar reached down, grabbing Qui-Gon by the throat, allowing his claws to dig into his neck. "Miss me?"

Qui-Gon gasped for breath as he grabbed Yomar's wrist, reaching out to the Force trying to tug his hand away from his throat. He managed to gasp out, ?Not really.?

Kyran growled, "Release him."

"Mind your own business, human. You'll get yours soon enough. As for you, Duursema, "Yomar tightened his grip, claw tips now drawing blood, "I've been waiting along time for this." Yomar's other hand lashed out, catching Qui-Gon in the gut. Bright red lines appeared across his stomach.

Qui-Gon gasped at the pain as his stomach was slashed and Force-pushed Yomar away from him. He winced and glanced down seeing his undertunic and stomach were now slashed; bright red blood came from the wounds.

"You pulled that trick on me before, scum. But we found out back in Tuvlat that you can't do it so well with broken bones." Yomar unhooked a thick, metal baton from his belt. Quick as lightening, he brought it down across Qui-Gon's shoulder; unerringly hitting the one Qui-Gon had injured earlier.

Qui-Gon cried out at the pain as bone crunched beneath the blow to his wounded shoulder, gritting his teeth at the fire that blossomed through it. Gasping at the roaring agony in his shoulder, he tried to reach up to hold it protectively, but was jerked short by the chains around his wrists and he stared at Yomar, remembering when his leg had been broken by this man.

Yomar was thrown back against the wall, the air slammed from his lungs. "Don't touch him again," Kyran warned coldly, gathering the Force around him if another Force push was necessary.

Yomar gasped, forcing air back into his lungs. Pulling a comlink from his belt, he ordered, "Get down here, now. Time for you boys to share in the fun."

Qui-Gon moaned at the pain in his wounded shoulder, knowing it was just fraction of what was going to happen next. // Kyran you should have just let him take me... now it'll be twice as bad.//

//If he wants you, he'll have to go through me first.//

// I don't think he'll hesitate to try it.//

Yomar scrambled to his feet, rushing back across the room he brought his metal baton down hard. Kyran twisted slightly, so that it hit across his side rather than his stomach. Without pause, another heavy blow hit Kyran across the small of his back. It was enough pain to break his concentration, so that the Force push meant to send Yomar flying across the room again, instead only shoved him slightly off balance. It also increased the tempo of the beating, keeping him from repeating the attempt.

Qui-Gon tensed seeing the bounty hunters stream into the room armed with metal rods, remembering a previous beating in prison with metal. But the grunt of pain from Kyran made his next act almost instinctual. "Hey you sithspawn! Think you can handle me? Bring it on, sons of mynocks!" There was nothing he could do to prevent what Yomar was doing to his friend, but if he could only draw the attention of the guards to himself, it would at least save Kyran some pain.

One of the bounty hunters nearby viciously kicked Qui-Gon hard in the side of his head hard enough to ring his ears. This puny human was quite an annoyance. If it wasn't for the bounty requesting that they be brought in alive, the tall fur-covered alien would've loved nothing better than to slash him open. H

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    How sweet of him to try to keep that bully off Qui! Poor guys... beaten badly! Well hopefully the healing will help. But I'm sure the damage is pretty intense...

Great update! Def shows how bad bullies can be!!

21. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Beaten badly? Hmmmmm, I thought we had done a fairly good job of beating them. [face_thinking]

22. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    sorry for the delay, everyone. To make up for it, here's an extra long post. Enjoy!

The rest of the trip to C'lasi was fairly uneventful. Apparently the bounty hunters had other things to do besides tormenting their prisoners. They apparently had other things to do besides feeding them, as beyond a canteen of water that had been thrown at them, they had received nothing. Qui-Gon and Kyran had shared the water, more or less equally, after a brief squabble where each tried to get the other to take the lion's share. Together they had managed to summon enough energy to repair Qui-Gon's shoulder enough that he had very limited movement in his right arm and hand. It wasn't much but it was better than nothing. The two were meditating, working on releasing Qui-Gon's growing anxiety into the Force, when they felt the distinct shudder of the ship exiting hyperspace and entering a planet's atmosphere. Kyran could see his friend nearly shaking with the effort to control his panic as the ship landed.

"Qui-Gon," Kyran said softly, stretching out his hand to his friend. They had discovered if they both extended their arms full length they could just barely reach each other. "It will be all right. Trust in the Force."

Qui-Gon swallowed a large lump in his throat and tried to speak but couldn't. His hand visibly shaking ,he reached out to Kyran.

Kyran squeezed Qui-Gon's hand reassuringly. The door to the hold slid open, Yomar striding through. Several of the bounty hunters followed, blasters trained on the two Jedi.

Qui-Gon tensed at the arrival of their captors and tightened his grip on Kyran...refusing to let go.

"Awww, isn't that sweet," mocked Yomar. "Hate to break you two lovebirds up, but its time to go." With a pair of heavy bolt cutter in his hands, he approached the two. "Either one of you tries anything, and you get fried. Understand?" Slapping another pair of cuffs around Qui-Gon's hands, Yomar then cut the chains binding Qui-Gon to the floor. Grabbing him by the back of the hair, he shoved him towards the door.

"Hey, what about me?" demanded Kyran when it became apparent they had no intentions of releasing him.

Qui-Gon gritted his teeth as his shoulder was wrenched again, as they twisted his hands behind him and cuffed his wrists behind his back.

"You're being picked up a bit later, scum. Gaikusan wants to attend to you personally." Yomar replied. ?You should be honored, he's going to take you to the palace's own dungeon rather than Tuvlat, like your friend here."

Qui-Gon's eyes widened at that news and he began to fight, struggling hard against those who held him, determined not to let Gaikusan get to his friend...

Yomar pulled a dagger from his belt and held it to Kyran's throat. "Your worth far more to me than him, Duursema! Keep fighting and he dies."

Qui-Gon stopped, frozen, staring at his friend, and at the dagger held to his throat. He eyed it warily wondering if he could use the Force to grab it from Yomar quickly enough that Kyran wouldn't get cut.

Yomar increased the pressure on the dagger slightly. A thin trickle of blood flowed down Kyran's throat. "It?s a very sharp knife. Won't take much to cut his throat. And we'll blast you anyway, so the only thing your struggle gets you is killing him."

Kyran stood very still, thinking. Perhaps it might be better if Yomar's dagger did its work, then Qui-Gon would not have to restrain himself. This might be his opportunity to escape, if Kyran could keep Yomar's attention for those few precious seconds.

Qui-Gon caught the gist of what his friend was thinking and gave him a sharp look// No. I forbid you to get yourself killed because of me.// With a deep sigh he forced himself to relax and surrender...

Yomar pulled the dagger away from Kyran's throat, then lashed out with a vicious backhand. Only the chains that restrained him kept Kyran from being flung across the room. "Get him out of here," ordered Yomar, signaling his men to drag off Qui-Gon.

//you stay alive, too, Qui-Go

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Great post!!! Figured it'd take something like what Devin did to get it thru his thick skull that he ain't able to help! Great play!! :D :D Poor Kyran... he's gonna go thru what Qui did. Let us hope he is strong in his reserve for the light side!!!

Waiting until Qui is better? Uh oh... how scary is that! I truly hope Kyran doesn't get the idea that his buds left him to dry! He surely would know that ain't the truth!

Guess we'll find out what our villain has instore for Kyran!

Awesome work!

24. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Kynstar Glad you liked it! Yep Qui's got a pretty thick stubborn head ;) takes drastic action sometimes to get him to see sense. As for waiting till he's better there's not really a choice. Qui can't do anything until his shoulder and wrist is better--and Kyran knows better.. he know good and well that with them separated it would be best for them to get Qui-Gon out first ..so he doesn't have to suffer anymore than he already has -- that emotional damage see..thanks for reading! Glad you're still with us!

25. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, dear. They seem to be in deeper than ever. At least Qui-Gon made the right decision (I think) to make sure he was healed enough to help with the rescue. We shall see whether it works or not. Good job with the action and the emotional rollercoaster.

Keep going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.