main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Young Qui-Gon Fic: Repercussions - COMPLETED! Thanks for the Awards!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Chap 2- Again, very good. I still think Jayla sounds really really too much younger than 14 here with how she calls him simply 'Master'. Not too happy about that, but we've already had that discussion so I'll digress. Other than that major hang up for me, very very good and I'll read more when I can. :}

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Greencat do tell what the stories are once you 2 get done with them! If they are anything like this story I definitely want to read them!! :D

3. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Hello Everyone! Here's the next part! Hope y'all enjoy it!

Repercussions

Chapter Fifteen

It was the middle of the day, he realized. The prisoners were at their workstations. One last reprieve before the final days of his life began. One that would no doubt be short, brutal and with a messy end.

Another guard came by to demand he get out of the cell and go to the exercise yard. Once every two weeks, whether they needed it or not, the inmates were herded outside. Immense walls, toped with razor wire surrounded a cement covered ground. Ancient exercise equipment was kept at one end, where those who specialized in enforcement worked out. Not a single living thing except the inmates and the guards, but at least he could once more see the sky.

Qui-Gon didn't resist them as they hurried him outside. Why should he resist? Everyone believed him dead. There was no point in putting himself through more pain when it could be avoided.

Qui-Gon hunched at the edge of the yard, as far a possible from anyone else. Gaikusan had said that he was finished with him, that he believed that Qui-Gon would never turn. There was nothing left now except to wait for death to claim him.

He knew he had been tainted and was lost. Even if he by some small chance was found by the Jedi, a chance that grew smaller by the moment, he would still be lost to the Jedi for he could not be part of the Order, tainted as he was by the Darkness that he had touched in the Hole.

Perhaps he should just remain here. When the guards try to force him to return to his cell, he could attack them. He might get lucky and they would beat him to death.

Qui-Gon sighed as he pondered that. No. His luck the guards would beat him nearly to death and then bring him inside anyway. How he missed the Temple, even though he knew he could never go back there seemed to be a hole in his heart that the dark side had touched. He had been violated by his time in the Hole and it could never be regained.

A loud grunt broke him out of his reverie. Qui-Gon stared upwards at the C'lasi. He was one of Inion's main enforcers, the very same being who had dragged him out of his chair that very first day. It was, Qui-Gon realized six months ago. Only six months. Had it taken so short a time to destroy of lifetime of ideals? Lost in his thoughts, he stared blankly at the C'lasi.

"Inion would like a word with you, Duursema." He grabbed Qui-Gon's arm and began pulling him along to where Inion was sitting under the only bench surrounded by his cronies.

Qui-Gon allowed himself to be dragged along. Did it really matter if he huddled on one side of the yard or was dragged to the other? No. The enforcer released him in front of Inion. Qui-Gon met his eyes emotionlessly, making no comment.

"Well Duursema, welcome back to the land of the living." Inion looked him up and down. "Take a load off your feet." He pushed one of his cronies off to make room for Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon sat, face blank, keeping his eyes fixed on Inion.

"You seem to be doing well. You're made of some tough stuff, Duursema. You managed to keep the count and you survived the Hole."

He seemed impressed by this, though Qui-Gon didn't see why he should be. If he'd been able to, he would have gladly died in the hole. Inion looked at him expectantly, as if waiting for an answer. In a gravely voice, he finally said, "All it took was not dying."

"Duursema, I have to admit, that I was entirely certain that you deserved the reputation that my informants gave you. Watching you on the inside you didn't seem that tough, even considering the fact you're a half-sized, naked human. But you showed us what you were made of the way you handled that punishment. I've seen them whip bigger men than you to death 'cause they kept losing the count."

Qui-Gon said nothing. He only stared. He'd shown them he was tough even though he was human. That hadn't been what it'd felt like to him. To him it was just confirmation that the Force had given up on him and so had those

4. Lord_Timotheus

Lord_Timotheus Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2004
    OK, we get the point. Prison is unpleasant, and Qui-gon would rather be someplace else. Is anything meaningful going to happen soon? :p

5. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    *runs in* Am still here! Am not dead...

*falls over*

Still going great! Poor Qui...

6. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh no! More pain for our hero! Well at least he didn't give into 'Mr. Boss' in wanting to take out that guy. Good for him in resisting...but not good for his back and leg!

Good work! Can't wait for the next chappy!!

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    ~makes her evil beanie babies attack quigon's cellmates~ MUHAHAHAHAHA!

8. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Thanks folks! The next bit might take a few days before its up, Layren and I are debating about adding a new scene before the next part . . .

I did want to make one quick comment to Lord Tim . . . The point of the scene wasn't how nasty prison is, I'm fairly sure Layren and I got that across right from the start. The point we were trying to make is that even though Qui thinks he is irredemablly tainted, lost to the Order, and has been tempted by the Darkness several several times, He still doesn't give in. Even through he knows exactly the price he'll pay for sticking with his beliefs, Qui-Gon still stands by the Jedi way.

That is one of the main reasons I love hurt/comfort/ansgst (the other being mush). No matter what horrors they face, Qui and Obi remain Jedi.

Now, I'm late for work so I've got to scramble!

Thanks again for all your comments! Even Lord Tim :D

9. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yep Yep, our hero stands by the Code no matter what! That's what I like about Qui ;) You 2 ard doing such a terrific job with the character!!! Do tell what other tales you have done and/or coming up with! I can't wait to read'em all!! :D

10. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    I LOVE THE NEW CHANGES ON THE BOARDS :D

11. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    :_| WAAAAAAAAAAAAA NO POSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

12. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Sorry about the length of time between posts everyone :D I took a short hop to Fort Walton Beach, FL over the weekend and I was so busy with getting ready that I didn't have a chance to post. Nonetheless, here is Chapter Sixteen for your enjoyment! Greencat will be posting the next several chapters while I'm away for more medical proceedures. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks!

Repercussions

Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Devin had managed to wait until the end of his report to the Council before asking what had become almost a standard question for him. Unfortunately, the Council gave their by now standard answer.

"We are still in negotiations with the C'lasi government. When an agreement has been reached, you will be notified. You must remain patient and trust in the Force."

"Yes, Masters. Thank you, Masters." Devin managed to keep his tone respectful, but only just. If his Padawan hadn't been standing only a foot away, he might have indulged in some very unJedi like remarks, but at the last moment he remembered that he was supposed to be a role model. After six months he was getting very tired of being patient. The Force he trusted without hesitation. It was the rest of the galaxy he occasionally had doubts about. He gave a shallow bow to the Council. "Come, Padawan."

Kyran stood up from the bench he'd been sitting on the past several hours while Devin reported to the Council. "Well? " He asked anxiously. "Have they heard any news yet?"

"Be patient. Trust in the Force," growled out Devin, knowing full well that was the same answer given when Kyran asked the Council about Qui-Gon. "Jalei, you're on your own for a few hours. Meet me at practice room twenty-three at our regular time."

With a bow, the girl left. She was worried for her Master. As of late he hadn't been sleeping well and Jalei could guess the reason why. Knight Jinn had now been missing for six months and the Council was steadily working on trying to trying to get the C'lasi government to cooperate. She hurried to find her friend Jayla, thoughts of what her master's best friend might be going through clouding her mind as she did

"Trust the Force?" Kyran echoed. "That was all they said?" He shook his head in frustration. For months the Council had been steeped in negotiations with C'lasi trying to get them to let in a Jedi team to examine Duursema, the prisoner they claimed was an assassin but they'd been met with dead ends at every turn. He bowed his head in guilt. How much of this could have been prevented if he'd just followed orders like he'd been asked?

"Do they ever say anything else? Come on, I need to burn off some of this before I teach Jalei this afternoon. Get you gear and meet in twenty-three, okay?" Devin gave Kyran a gentle push in the direction of his quarters. Hopefully the workout would also help distract Kyran from the guilt that had been eating at him since word of Qui-Gon's disappearance had reached him.

Kyran frowned at Devin. "I really don't feel like a workout today, Devin. I think I need to go meditate." He tried lamely.

"But I do. I'm too jumpy to be effective teaching. Don't worry, I won't go that hard on you. Fifteen minutes, room twenty three," insisted Devin. He thought to himself, enough brooding for today, my friend.

Kyran sighed. "Fine. I'll be there." //I heard that.//

"I meant you to," grinned Devin.

Kyran made a face at his friend and punched him lightly on the arm. "Thanks a lot. I'll be ready."

Fifteen minutes later, both men were stretching out, loosening muscles before they began their sparing match. A brief nod of agreement was all it took for both of them to walk to the center of the room and ignite their lightsabers. As they moved through a standard warm up, Devin unobtrusively studied his friend. The dark circles under his eyes had become almost normal part of his features, they had been there so long. His face had a haggard look to it, from both worry and weight loss. Devin wondered a moment when the last time he had seen Kyran

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Well, gee whiz, they let Qui-Gon sit in that prison for 6 months without getting any information. Yes, I know that they don't know it's Qui-Gon but they have a pretty good idea that he is alive somewhere.

Looking forward to seeing what's been going on with Qui. Probably nothing good.

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Whoo-hoo! Let's hope they actually show him Qui instead of some other dude portraying as the 'assassin'. Good job!! Can't wait for the next one!! :D :D Loving the guilt trip, at last he's willing to admit that he needs help other than just meditation. Guess if they're leaving right away, it'll be a bit before he sees the Soul Healer. (unless they see him/her prior leaving)
    Good work!

15. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Thanks. Unfortunately the scene we were kicking around adding (explaining how Devin and Qui met) just didn't play out the way we hoped it did. So we put it in the bunny pen and hopefully some other occasion will come along to use it.

One other random note, since I will be doing most of the posting while Layren is recovering from her latest surgery, that means the 'Updated' thing in the title will not be updated when new posts are added. So y'all will just have to keep checking in on this. :)

16. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    No problem at all, do tell how the recovery is doing on the surgery! Get well wishes from me! :)

Will be monitoring the site :D

18. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Thanks everyone for your continued support of this tale Greencat and I have written. It means so much to know that y'all are still reading it and Get Well wishes are much appreciated :D I haven't had the surgery yet but it is scheduled for Wednesday this week. I'll see if I can get Lord Tim or Greencat to post how I'm doing so y'all don't worry too much. Thanks again!!!

19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hope everything went ok with the surgery! Do tell!

Yep yep can't wait for the rescue!

21. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Hiya Everyone!

Layren's surgery went well and she's now on the long, slow road to recovery. She'll be off line for several more weeks, however, while she recovers and heals up.

Here's the next chapter for your reading enjoyment!

Devin stuffed a pair of extra trousers and tunics into his travel bag, leaving him just enough space to jam in his small toiletry bag. He packed light, figuring that they would not be staying on C'lasi very long. The authorities had made it clear that they had a very limited welcome. He sensed his padawan come into the room. She stood at the doorway, watching him.

Jalei stood staring in the doorway wondering why her master was packing and what he was so upset about. She was concerned since he didn't even acknowledge her but headed straight for his room. That was most certainly out of character for her master...something had to be up, something big. "Master, what's wrong?"

Devin paused for a moment, gathering his thoughts. Jalei was not going to like what was coming, but his mind was made up. "Jalei, come sit down. We have to talk."

Obediently she sat on the edge of her master's huge bed, her eyes filled with worry at his last comment. "Have I done something wrong?"

"No, Padawan. Its not you," Devin hastened to reassure the girl. "You know that Knight Qui-Gon was supposedly killed on a mission several months ago although we believe he?s still alive. We?ve finally received permission to go to the planet and talk to the man accused of killing him."

"Are we going to find him then? I should be packing too." She stood up quickly as if to go pack.

"Wait, Padawan. I'm going, so is Master Kyran. You will be staying at the Temple along with Jayla."

Jalei frowned deeply, biting her lip at the idea of her master going without her. She shook her head. "You need me. Who?s going to watch your back?"

"Padawan, believe it or not I was able to take care of myself before you came along," Devin's teased affectionately. How he would miss this girl, he had gotten used to her always being there. But she couldn't come along on this mission.

Jalei frowned at her Master and crossed her arms over her chest. "You need me. We're a team now. Remember? The last time we split up on a mission, I had to come after you because you'd gotten shot because you had no one to watch your back."

Devin remembered that mission with a mixture of chagrin and pride. Chagrin because a group of local terrorists had managed to get the drop on him, pride that his Padawan had made her own way through the chaos of the war torn city, and managed to get both of them back to the relative safety of the Embassy. "I won't be alone this time, Master Kyran will be with me. And I'm not going into a war zone. We'll be back in the Temple within two standard weeks."

Jalei looked away trying to come up with some other argument to offer. "But Master, what if something goes wrong? And the prison officials decide for some reason they don't like you either? And if it isn't dangerous, then why do I have to stay?"

Devin got up from where he had been sitting and began to pace. How was he going to explain this one to his Padawan? "Jalei, what is my responsibility to you as your Master?"

Jalei sighed deeply and looked at the floor. "To train and protect me while I'm under your care."

Devin put a hand under her chin and gently raised her head so their eyes would meet. "This is a time when what I need to do means that I might not be able to train and protect you the way that you deserve. I need to be able to focus only on finding out what happened to Qui-Gon and what to do if I do find out."

Jalei gazed deeply into her Master's eyes, her expression that of worry and concern. She sighed knowing that there was no way her master would change his mind since he'd made it up and it broke her heart that he would leave her behind, even if she did understand why. She bit her lip and then looked away. "I see."

"I knew you would understand, my young one." Devin also knew that she didn't like

22. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Loved the scene between Devin and Jalei. :D

23. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Hmmm, they 'll need a lot if money. What for ?
    I have a bad feelig about this. :p

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yoda loaded with dough... *Snrk* now that's a twist of things hehehehe. Yeah...sounds fishy about needing extra mula. But Yoda being all knowing... well sometimes when the Force is with him. hehe Can't wait for the next chappy!

25. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    8-} i know what they'll need the money for, but i'm not saying, but i will give you this clue:
    there are some little things within this story that she took from another story that had quigon and obiwan in it, just think on that 8-} happy guessing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.