Young talent

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by G-Unit, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Funk-E Force Ghost

star 6
    You mean like you're supposed to do in the Social thread?
  2. JohnMoore Jedi Knight

star 2
    Writing.

However, aside from filmmaking, I enjoy graphic design.
  3. G-Unit Jedi Master

star 4
    not in the social thread but in a filmaking sense. like what are younger filmmakers involved in at the moment. A film, trailer, or a school project? Some may be on internships at film companies who knows?
  4. Funk-E Force Ghost

star 6
    Who cares? Because I doubt that film-makers that young are in internships, and if they've really got something substantial that they want to announce, they can make their own thread. This thread is pointless.

It was a bad idea, and you should feel bad for thinking it up.
  5. G-Unit Jedi Master

star 4
    "on knees" i beg forgiveness oh great poster. i will allow this thread to pass on. :(
  6. Funk-E Force Ghost

star 6
  7. G-Unit Jedi Master

star 4
    poster, as in someone who posts on a lot of topics. you recently celbrated your 3000th i beleive.
  8. Funk-E Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm a wild pig.

//rocko
  9. myself_me Jedi Master

star 4
    Posthunter would be a more specific term ;)

Oh, and as for the "under 16 = nothing of quality" crap, something you might want to reconsider. There's lots of good stuff from us young ones out there ;)
  10. Funk-E Force Ghost

star 6
    I never said that! And I'm a postWHORE, there's a difference.
  11. myself_me Jedi Master

star 4
    rofl.

I suppose. And alright, just sounded like you were implying something... btw, quick reply, postwhore. ;)

*keeps on hitting refresh button*
  12. Fanfilms101 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok then, well just becuase someones young dosn't mean their full of ****. All I can say is keep with it, and don't stop making films!
  13. Jedi2016 Jedi Master

star 4
    My observation was simply to point out that experience will always win over. I was doing CGI for around four years before I finally settled into a specific "specialty" regarding it.

Granted, some can easily claim non-technical related specialties. One might have an artistic talent that aids in shot composition. But that sort of thing will only go so far. A writer, for example, who's yet to experience much of real life? Still living at home, under the care of his/her parents? Not ideal circumstances for coming up with a good story, since they'd only be drawing their experiences from what they see on television.

This is why us "old farts" tend to be so gruff at times, is because we have to deal with a lot more in our day-to-day lives. That experience that you so casually think is overrated tends to also give us a lot more to draw on in virtually every aspect.. from filmmaking to paying the bills.

To sum it up... you'll understand in ten years or so why we think the way you do, when you're looking back and thinking the exact same thing about the kids on these forums in ten years, asking the same questions.
  14. WeirdHat Jedi Knight

star 3
    When did anyone say they thought experience was overrated? Experience is very important, but it's not directly tied to age, because different people start learning about different things at different times. I'm almost 15, and I've been doing CGI for four years, which you apparently consider to be the point that I'm allowed to say I have a specialty (I don't think I do yet, but that's irrelevant).
  15. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    Weirdhat, you're almost 15?

Holy crap, I quite honestly thought you were over 20 years old. My world just came tumbling down around me.

You're right about experience, but let's not forget that a lot of us have been doing it for a long time. I've been doing this for over 6 years despite my age. So, age does not necessarily correlate to quality, but a generalization about it is indeed fair because it's rare to see someone my age that can say the same about their time spent :).

I agree, though, this thread is kind of useless. I do wish Az would tell us why he cares about the Canadian filmmakers in the other thread, but this one is just a "here I am" thing.

~Neszis~
  16. jedilukes Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, monitoring forums just to get your post number up. What a loser....
  17. BetaHacker Jedi Knight

star 1
    Because I doubt that film-makers that young are in internships

Hey I have an internship with a editing studio, and im only 16.
  18. Funk-E Force Ghost

star 6
  19. BetaHacker Jedi Knight

star 1
    WHY DO I NEVER COUNT!!!
  20. Funk-E Force Ghost

star 6
    I would think that would be obvious.
  21. BetaHacker Jedi Knight

star 1
  22. Funk-E Force Ghost

star 6
  23. insta111 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Young film makers work on school projects. Filming and bluescreening are a fancy excuse of not having to do any work. and you get an A.
  24. green-boy Jedi Master

star 4
    Us young peoples just kick @$$ don't we?
  25. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    Because I doubt that film-makers that young are in internships

I am a paid employee of a production company.

~Neszis~
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.