main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Young talent

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by G-Unit, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    You mean like you're supposed to do in the Social thread?

2. JohnMoore

JohnMoore Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
    Writing.

However, aside from filmmaking, I enjoy graphic design.

3. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    not in the social thread but in a filmaking sense. like what are younger filmmakers involved in at the moment. A film, trailer, or a school project? Some may be on internships at film companies who knows?

4. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    Who cares? Because I doubt that film-makers that young are in internships, and if they've really got something substantial that they want to announce, they can make their own thread. This thread is pointless.

It was a bad idea, and you should feel bad for thinking it up.

5. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    "on knees" i beg forgiveness oh great poster. i will allow this thread to pass on. :(

6. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    I'm not a poster.

7. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    poster, as in someone who posts on a lot of topics. you recently celbrated your 3000th i beleive.

8. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    I'm a wild pig.

//rocko

9. myself_me

myself_me Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2003
    Posthunter would be a more specific term ;)

Oh, and as for the "under 16 = nothing of quality" crap, something you might want to reconsider. There's lots of good stuff from us young ones out there ;)

10. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    I never said that! And I'm a postWHORE, there's a difference.

11. myself_me

myself_me Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2003
    rofl.

I suppose. And alright, just sounded like you were implying something... btw, quick reply, postwhore. ;)

*keeps on hitting refresh button*

12. Fanfilms101

Fanfilms101 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2004
    Ok then, well just becuase someones young dosn't mean their full of ****. All I can say is keep with it, and don't stop making films!

13. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    My observation was simply to point out that experience will always win over. I was doing CGI for around four years before I finally settled into a specific "specialty" regarding it.

Granted, some can easily claim non-technical related specialties. One might have an artistic talent that aids in shot composition. But that sort of thing will only go so far. A writer, for example, who's yet to experience much of real life? Still living at home, under the care of his/her parents? Not ideal circumstances for coming up with a good story, since they'd only be drawing their experiences from what they see on television.

This is why us "old farts" tend to be so gruff at times, is because we have to deal with a lot more in our day-to-day lives. That experience that you so casually think is overrated tends to also give us a lot more to draw on in virtually every aspect.. from filmmaking to paying the bills.

To sum it up... you'll understand in ten years or so why we think the way you do, when you're looking back and thinking the exact same thing about the kids on these forums in ten years, asking the same questions.

14. WeirdHat

WeirdHat Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2003
    When did anyone say they thought experience was overrated? Experience is very important, but it's not directly tied to age, because different people start learning about different things at different times. I'm almost 15, and I've been doing CGI for four years, which you apparently consider to be the point that I'm allowed to say I have a specialty (I don't think I do yet, but that's irrelevant).

15. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Weirdhat, you're almost 15?

Holy crap, I quite honestly thought you were over 20 years old. My world just came tumbling down around me.

You're right about experience, but let's not forget that a lot of us have been doing it for a long time. I've been doing this for over 6 years despite my age. So, age does not necessarily correlate to quality, but a generalization about it is indeed fair because it's rare to see someone my age that can say the same about their time spent :).

I agree, though, this thread is kind of useless. I do wish Az would tell us why he cares about the Canadian filmmakers in the other thread, but this one is just a "here I am" thing.

~Neszis~

16. jedilukes

jedilukes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2004
    Wow, monitoring forums just to get your post number up. What a loser....

17. BetaHacker

BetaHacker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2004
    Because I doubt that film-makers that young are in internships

Hey I have an internship with a editing studio, and im only 16.

18. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    You don't count.

19. BetaHacker

Apr 3, 2004
    WHY DO I NEVER COUNT!!!

20. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    I would think that would be obvious.

21. BetaHacker

Apr 3, 2004
    Postwhore.

22. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
  23. insta111

insta111 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 29, 2004
    Young film makers work on school projects. Filming and bluescreening are a fancy excuse of not having to do any work. and you get an A.

24. green-boy

green-boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2004
    Us young peoples just kick @$$ don't we?

25. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Because I doubt that film-makers that young are in internships

I am a paid employee of a production company.

~Neszis~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.