main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Youngest Knight of the Order. COMPLETED!! Please read

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dallas_Valla, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dallas_Valla

Dallas_Valla Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2003
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars. This is EU, and could probably be slightly AU. The planets and major events have been heavily researched so as to match the universe as much as possible.

Time Period: 1,000 years before TPM

People involved:
    Kari Da-na ? Jedi Master
    Apprentices: Alre and Ralo
    Keji Lele ? Jedi Master
    Apprentices: Joza and Anshi
    Amge Padane ? Jedi Master
    Apprentice: Sichi

Pallyn Asmo ? Jedi Knight

Sada Diqu ? Sith Lord
    Nolu Edko ? Sith Lord
    Apprentice: Ahxa
    Ara Medea ? Sith Witch

Totte Lexa ? Slave Dealer
    Waju Prige ? Slaver
    Selo Gefi ? Slave Owner

Lako Yakoma ? Fruit Dealer
    Tamy?Choto and Laty?Choto ? Art Dealers

Planets involved:
    Dalastine
    Ziost
    Coruscant
    Ruusan

Chapter One

CRACK! CRACKLE! Master Keji Lele looked up from the datapad he was reading.

Uh-huh, he thought. Joza and Anshi are sparring again. We?re here to fight and eliminate Sith, not each other. But then again with as close as those two are to each other...I?m not gonna stop them. They are my apprentices so if they wish to spar? Lele reached out suddenly in the Force.

Sith were nearby and there was something different about this one Sith.

A girl, he thought startled. A Sith Witch.

Joza. Anshi. To me. Now, he sent.

Almost instantly it seemed they were entering the room, putting their cloaks on.

?Yes, Master. What is it?? Joza asked.

?Sith.?

Instantly Joza?s eyes hardened. Lele regretted saying it. Jozas? twin sister had become a Sith Witch when she had found out her sister was a Jedi but not her. The Council hadn?t wanted to have twin Jedis? for fear one would get chosen by a master but the other wouldn?t. Joza herself had destroyed her sister. She hadn?t been the same since.

Not saying anything else Lele grabbed his cloak and headed for the door.

Meanwhile the Sith Witch turned and smiled at two of her Sith companions.

?They?re coming. Stick to the plan and the girl will be one of us before it is all over with,? she purred.

The Sith smiled hideously. There was nothing like turning a Jedi and an apprentice even, to the Dark Side.

Joza froze as they made their way to through the jungle. Something was banging around in the back of her mind. She tried to grab it but it was gone before she could do anything else. Anshi stopped to look at her but she had already caught up.

?Something wrong,? he whispered.

?Ask me later,? she replied.

Anshi would?ve said something more but got cut off because of crashing into Amge, Padane, another one of Jedi Masters there on assignment on Zoist. Sichi Anok, Padanes? apprentice helped the two of them up. Sichi glanced at her old friend, Joza. She could tell something was wrong. Joza gave a shake of her head. Now wasn?t the time to ask.

It didn?t take long to catch up with the other Jedi who had come and Master Lele. They stopped outside of a huge old temple. Lele and many of the other Jedi pulled their sabers out and ignited them. Joza didn?t follow her Masters? example though. She was staring upwards at the temple. There was a presence there that she had felt before. It had been there...

Joza gave her head a shake and focused back on her Master.

He raised an eyebrow.

Several dozen, she sent.

He nodded.

Amge looked at the young woman startled. Sichi was always telling about how Joza is strong in the Living Force. Amge hadn?t thought that Joza was that strong though. Being able to see how many Sith there were inside of one place? Surely Joza was twice as strong as Lele in the Force. Or was it because she...

Joza had ignited her saber and was finally ready. Lele and Padane lead the way to get inside. Joza froze again realizing what it was that had been bugging her earlier. The Force presence that she had been detecting had been there when she and Netoa had fought. The Sith Witch was waiting on her and wanted revenge. The Sith here were just a distraction.

Fine. If they want me

2. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Nice start, interested in what will happen next. Just curious, why does each Master have two apprentices? And friendly reminder, spaces between paragraphs please. Doesn't bother me, but somebody's going to tell you about it if I don't.

3. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
    Well not each master has two apprentices. Amge Padane only has one. This is way before the Code allowed a master to only one apprentice. And I forgot to add spaces. It's been edited. Meesa so sorry. :D ;)

More on Thursday.

4. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    This is about the time of the Sith War(s?) isn't it? I don't know much of anything about that time period, all I've read is the comic Jedi Vs Sith.

That's a good looking start.

lordmaul13

5. Lady_Banshee

Lady_Banshee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2003
    Great work! I enjoy the storyline a lot. More soon?

6. Zane-Marit

Zane-Marit Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Your style in writing the lightsaber duels is pretty solid (I need to work on that).

Pacing could be better. It seems too rushed. Padawans sparing. Darkside detected. Jedi run. Lightsaber fight...slow the pace down a bit and let the story take shape.

I have some more thoughts for dramatic effect. If you'd like I can PM you on them.

Lady Banshee...LOVE the signature...LOL

7. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
    Lord Maul 13: Thank you.

Lady Banshee: Yes there will be more tomorrow. Just as long as I don't get lazy.

Zane-Merit: Yes, you're right, it is pretty rushed.

What you guys are reading is the second draft of the story. I haven't even finished writing the story yet. I'm at 59 pages (which is a record for me) and the story is still growing. By the way, don't hate me for the ending please. I have a feeling that it will elicit some strong responses from ya'll.

8. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
    Okay guys here you go. I said I'd update on Thursday.

Part Two of Chapter One.

Joza stood looking at the Witch bewildered. Why would a Sith witch want to talk to her? Unless she had been there when Joza had...

She didn?t react fast enough to block the Force lightening that suddenly seemed to radiate from Ara Medea. The initial shock didn?t do much except to lift Joza up off of her feet. A second blast though flung her backwards into a pillar, momentarily knocking her unconscious.

Ara smiled again. She reached into the young Jedi?s mind and searched it. After finding what she wanted, she laughed coldly as she left. Meanwhile downstairs, Anshi had helping Master Lele with two Sith Lords. The Sith were proving to be difficult to eliminate. Anshi felt a sudden surge in the Force.

Seeing him hesitate the Sith lord took advantage of it. Anshi yelled when he felt the lightsaber bite into the flesh on his arm. He swung his lightsaber around and down, cutting the Siths? head in half. He spun, stabbing the Sith Lord who was fighting Lele, in the back.

Joza needs help, he sent.

But where is she, Lele asked.

They headed in the direction that Anshi had last seen Joza. Padane and Sichi followed close behind. They never made it though. Joza ran out of a hallway with three Sith on her tail. She almost collided into Lele. Within a few seconds Joza and Lele were back to back.

Everybody out. There are too many Sith, Joza sent to the rest of the Jedi. Everybody headed for the door. Lele and Joza were running behind providing cover. Joza glanced to one side and noticed a power generator. She nudged Lele with the Force and pointed it out to him. He nodded and took up a defensive position behind her. Joza pulled out a thermal detonator and threw it inside of the machine.

Lele and Joza raced from the building. Using the Force she triggered the bomb. Unbeknownst to the two, a sith apprentice had seen her throw something inside of the generator. He ran outside in search of his Master.

?Master Diqu. Master Diqu.?

Sada Diqu turned from talking to Nolu Edko, a fellow Sith.

?What is it, Ahxa ??

?I just saw one of the Jedi?,? he got cut off by an explosion.
    The building that he had just been in was burning into nothingness.

?So much for that plan. When I see that Medea I intend on taking her head off. Now everyone of the Sith on this planet save the three of us and her are dead. One girl is not worth it!?, Edko snarled.

Ahxa looked at his Masters? friend. How anyone would want to take on a female sith, who was probably as powerful as the Dark Lord, was something he couldn?t understand?yet.

Lele turned to look behind himself for the hundredth time. He was positive that there was someone else in the alley with them but he wasn?t sure.

?Um...Master...they?re in front of us. Not behind,? Anshi told him.

Lele turned and smiled when he saw who it was. The Jedi Master whom he had felt stepped forward. Lele moved to greet his old friend and Master, Kari Da-na. Padane came up beside him.

Joza, Anshi, and Sichi followed.

9. Lady_Banshee

May 19, 2003
    Ooh! A post! You kept your promise, which makes me happy. It's a good chapter too.

Zane-Marit: Thanks

10. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
    I always keep my promises. Glad to know you liked it.

11. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Ahh, the old throw a thermal detonator in the power generator trick.

lordmaul13

12. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Read this yesterday, but forgot to reply. Stupid. I was getting confused through part of it, but forgive me. It was probably just my mental state. Other than that, which was my fault, it was good.

13. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
    LordMaul13: Well it was either that, or call in the Rougue Squadron. I don't go for time travel though.

TW: Hey that's okay. Everybody loses once in awhile. Myself personally I lost it a long time and ain't found it yet. So don't feel bad.

Will update on Sunday!

14. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
    I take that back. I am not going to update until Tuesday. I am taking this weekend off.

15. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
    Phew! Here you go. This one is kinda big.

The Jedi Masters? began talking to themselves. Master Da-na had two apprentices, Alre Joru and Ralo Evam. The apprentices all stood off to one side talking to each other. Joza felt someone watching them. Looking to her left she spotted a Jedi Knight standing in the shadows. She recognized him as being Pally Asmo.

He was a Jedi not liked by most of his fellow Jedi. It was rumored that he helped the slavers obtain slaves. No one could ever prove it though, not even the Masters of the Council. Most everybody knew Asmo would not be a Jedi much longer. He had grown defiant of the Council. He looked at Joza when he realized that he had been discovered. He backed up and disappeared into the shadows.

Joza realized that he hadn?t wanted to be seen. She remembered something with a start. He had not been given the assignment to come to Ziost.

What is he doing here? And why didn?t he want to be seen? That doesn?t make any sense. Unless he?s gone dark, joza shivered at the thought. She hoped her cloak had hidden it.

Padane noticed Joza shiver. She wondered why. It was almost as if she was reading an open book but the language it was written in was unknown to her. It strengthed her resolve to talk to the young woman when she got the chance.

Joza continued to look in the direction that Asmo had gone. She glanced at her Master and the others. They were now talking about the next time they would meet the Sith. She slipped off in the direction Asmo had gone. Once she realized where it was that she was going she couldn?t help but smile.

The marketplace was one of her favorite places on Ziost. As she entered the market she thought that she felt a familiar presence near her. It was gone before she could reach out to it.

As she entered the marketplace, she passed several vendors who looked up and smiled at her. They had been distrustful of the Jedi Padawan at first, but after a few days they had gotten to know her and trusted her. Some were so bold around her now that they openly talk around her about most anything. Including what they thought of the girl.

Joza stopped at one stall that had one of the most lovable people she had met on Ziost. Lako Yakoma looked up from her cutting board and smiled broadly when she saw who it was.

?Hey, Joza. How?s it going?? Lako asked.

Joza gave Lako a grin.

?Better than it was several minutes ago.?

?Had some action, huh?,? Lako asked.

Joza gave a grave nod.

?Hey got something for you. I think you?ll like it,? Lako said as she handed a piece of fruit to her.

Joza took a bite and her eyes flew open in surprise.

?Wow. This is really sweet. I don?t think I?ve ever had anything so sweet. What is it?,? she asked.

Lako laughed. ?It?s called a Mango. Enjoy. I?m able to start importing a few each week. I wanted you to have the first taste.?

Joza nodded her thanks. She would?ve said it, but she had a mouthful of Mango. Joza moved down the street, waving good-bye to her marketplace friend. She chewed the fruit slowly. As she was eating the last piece, she stopped at an art dealers booth whose name was Tamy?Choto. He had been one of the first vendors to be-friend the young Jedi.

Joza pulled a bag off of her belt. It had a surprise for Tamy. Tamy came out and went right over to Joza and swept her up into a huge hug. A Twi?lek trader, he had a soft spot for Joza.

?Hey, tamy. Guess what I have for you,? Joza questioned him.

?Hmm. Something really cool looking?? he replied.

?Close. Crystals. All shapes and colors. See,? Joza carefully emptied the bag onto a small table of Tamy to see. He gave a low whistle.

?How did you find these?,? he asked.

?Let?s just say that I have a really big sense of curiosity, and leave it at that.?

?Judging by the way you say that, I?d say that it?s gotten you into trouble before.?

Joza looked down at her feet, then looked back up at him with a mischievous grin. He laughed.

?I see

16. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    I'll get to this is in the morning okay? Promise.

17. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    By the way, I'm leaving an explanation about my quiting in the Sith Mandate. Should have done that first and foremost.

18. Lady_Banshee

May 19, 2003
    Not bad! I can barely wait for the next chapter. Shame on you for building the suspense! :D ;)

19. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Getting very interesting :) or is it going to be more like this [face_devil] type of interesting?

20. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Ditto what TW said. Interesting. It could be this :) or this :(

lordmaul13

21. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
    I guess you're just going to have to wait and find out, Huh? [face_mischief]

Besides I don't want to ruin the ending!!

Let's put it this way. You'll hate me for one part of the end but love me for the other part.

[face_evil]

hehehehe

22. Dallas_Valla

Jul 8, 2003
    Chapter Two

Joza was outside of the palace, as she and Anshi called it, meditating. Anshi was in the library getting very bored. She grinned as she sensed it.

Spar? She sent.

Yeah sure. Of course you realize though that you?re asking to be beaten. You can?t win against me, he replied.

Oh brother. How many times have I heard that line before? Joza told him teasingly.

Within a couple of minutes, Anshi was there and ready to go. Joza stood up and faced him.

?You know, I didn?t know any better, I?d say that you looked forward to me winning these matches,? Joza told him with a grin.

?If I didn?t know any better I?d say that you like to be humiliated by me.?

?I hate to tell you this but, nobody is ever around when we fight so how can I be humiliated,? Joza taunted.

Anshi rolled his eyes and ignited his saber. Joza mimicked him and took up a defensive position. Anshi struck first. He brought his lightsaber down and around on the right. Joza blocked it easily.

?What was wrong yesterday,? Anshi asked as he stepped back and attacked again, this time from the left.

Joza blocked it as well.

?I sensed a presence that had been there when I defeated Netoa.? Joza spun and aimed her lightsaber low.

Anshi blocked then went high again.

?Who was it??

Joza ducked out of the way and slammed her saber into his.

?Ara Medea. A very powerful Sith Witch. The woman can use Force Lightening.?

Anshi pulled his saber free. He brought the blade around at stomach range and feinted left. Joza anticipated it and her blade was waiting for his.

?A lot of Sith can use Force Lightening.?

Anshi swung his blade at Joza?s back. She ducked and kicked his legs out from underneath of him. Anshi rolled up onto his hands and hand-sprigged onto his feet. Joza brought her saber down hard. Anshi just barely blocked it.

?Yeah, so what? They can only use it with their hands. Medea...it seemed like she was nothing but Force Lightening.?

Anshi used the Force to push Joza back. She back flipped and landed in a crouch. Her lightsaber blazed above her head as she held it there. Anshi was careful in getting up.

?What?s the matter, Anshi? Getting old??

Anshi shot Joza a look. She just laughed. He attacked and Joza leapt clear, but came right back down again. The two went at it as if there was never going to be another chance.

Sichi heard sabers at work and came running. She stopped when she saw who it was. She leaned against the wall and watched as the two circled each other. Joza glanced up and noticed Sichi standing there. Anshis? and her sabers? clashed into another deadlock.

?Hey, Sichi. How?s it going??

Anshi turned to look. Joza took advantage of it and gave Anshi a light kick in the chest. He fell backwards and sat down practically.

Joza grinned and dis-engaged her saber.

?I?m okay. I don?t think Anshi would say the same though,? Sichi said with a chuckle.

Anshi stood and walked over to one of the benches. He sprawled out on it on his stomach.

?To say the very least,? he said.

Joza plopped onto the ground and leaned against the building. Sichi sat next to her.

?You know one of these days, you two are going to end up killing each other in one of your sparring matches,? Sichi told them.

?I doubt that, Sichi. Joza and I are very in tune to the others fighting styles. If something were to happen it would be because something suddenly went wrong with the sabers,? Anshi said.

?This sunshine feels good,? he added.

The trio sat and laid quietly in the sun for a few minutes. Alre and Ralo went walking past then turned around and came back.

?You three are the laziest Padawans in the entire order,? Ralo announced.

Joza?s response was quick.

?No, we?re not. I?ll have you know we are doing something very serious.?

?Oh yeah. What?? Alre wanted to know.

?Absorbing sun shine and storing it away that way the next time we are on a cold planet, we can call it up and ke

23. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    ?You pull one little prank and you?re pinned for life.?

Since you have the reputation as a prankster, might as well do as many pranks. This isn't a Wes Janson ancestor is it?

lordmaul13

24. Lady_Banshee

May 19, 2003
    Hey, good job!

25. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    She headed off into the woods. I wonder if anything will be happening there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.