main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your 1st Home Theater System

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Thena, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    OK, I hope this isn't considered to be inappropriate for this forum.

I just got my first-ever home theater system... :D And what a difference it makes!

I've always tried to get good stereo televisions, like the ones with integrated surround sound. But man, that is *nothing* compared to the sound you get with a half-decent home theater system. The one I got is from Sony, one of the low-end models, but it still packs a punch.

I've just been putting on a bunch of DVDs to check the new sound -- the SW movies, BTTF, music videos, etc.

It's just as sweet as it gets.

Can't wait till the OT is out on DVD... :D

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Ours isn't really new, more like a work in progress. We just replaced out TV with a newer and bigger one, we also just got a new DVD player and VHS player over teh past two years.

3. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Congrads Princess!

It's always cool that first time you fire it up. After all the hours of setting it up, and the darn speakers, etc.

Mine was kinda cheap, and it's a couple years old now... I think. There's some better deals out there today, I should probably look in to updateing it.

What are some of your favorite flicks to play on it? For my system the best ones are, T2, SE: Stargate, Hero, TPM, AOTC, LOTR, Fight Club, X2 and some others. DTS is the best, do you have DTS?

4. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I still just have a TV. When I do a theater, I plan on doing it right. Right now I'm in an apartment, so I can't really go nuts with the drill.

5. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    The last couple years I've built my system piece by piece. I'd rather choose my setup than buy a home theater in a box, I'm snobby that way.

But I've got everything for my surround system (although I'd like to upgrade my rear surround speakers), and the next step is upgrading my TV. Right now I've got my old faithful 20" that just won't die. Looking at maybe a 30" widescreen. Or one of those 30" LCD models.

DTS is the best, do you have DTS?

I love my DTS movies, although the Dolby Digital on the SW DVDs is right there. I like DTS because you know you're getting a good mix. Some older films that are mixed with DD are terrible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.