main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your advice on Web Hosts

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ASOULAN, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASOULAN

ASOULAN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005

I'm looking to set up a personal website in the near future for posting projects for review, some self promotion, and eventually hosting films.

I've read through the sticky-notes and looked into the site that lists all of the web-hosts on it, but I am left feeling a little short on info, mainly because I really don't know how much of what features I'll be needing to get the job done. I'm finding that audio and video are rather demanding on the computer, and I'd hate to become just another of those "bad / exceded bandwidth" links that are all over this place

If you have any advice I'd really apreciate it.

In the short term I'm looking to have examples of movie music and FX tests available for perusal and download, and eventually complete short films. Nothing extravagant, but I would like to leave lots of room for expansion.

Also...I am HTML challenged so a relatively simple operator interface would be a plus.

I've had my fill of freebies, so I expect to be paying for it.

If you have personal recommendations for hosts, or just advice on minimum requirements (ie. storage, bandwidth, etc) feel free to send it this way.

Thanks in advance [face_peace]

2. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Take a look at the hosting topic I created a while back - it has a lot of the common links and recommendations in it. :) Note that there is only one "paid" host in there but they're a good one. (Just make sure you set limits on how much people can download from one IP. I had a malicious address grab a file over 8,400 times in a day which resulted in over 320 GB bandwidth. :D)

Hope that helps!

3. 21gninja

21gninja Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2004
    I really Like godaddy.com
    10 bcks a month and you get 2000MB of space and 100GB of Transfers
    but it is a pay host. Once you have a site you depending on Which type of Server you pick Linux or Windows 2003.
    They have many website builder and management tools for free. You also said sometihng about files you can add an online Filing Cabnit to put your files online too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.