main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your all time most hated EU character is...?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by AuroraSilverstar, Jul 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Thrawn. Mara second if you discount her shorts

2. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I'm not too crazy about Kyp, either. I don't get the big following. And I don't think he's evil, but the fact that he destroyed an entire system, and didn't even get a slap on the wrist just blows my mind. I don't care if he was under the Dark side or whatever, you'd think they'd at least sentence him to so many years to life!!!

And look at the deal poor Tycho got. That SUCKS!

Yeesh!

3. Elori

Elori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    I don't like most of the politicians... borsk, sesh, pwoe... I really don't like kyp (but he's gotten much better in the last book), Callista gets on my nerves and Bria is to (IMO) Han as Callista is to Luke. I thought Bria was annoying, same with Callista. Akahnah's right up there with them. Hmm... Can't think of anything much right now..

4. Jedi_Master_Gollum

Jedi_Master_Gollum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    Hethrir, Brakiss, and anyone else who thinks they can kidnap Solo's kids and turn them. Except, of course, C'Baoth. I can't hate a Zahn character, ever. That plot line has been WAY overused, and I have nothing but contempt for both the authors and characters who attempt it.

5. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Rogandra Ismaren
    Gethzerion
    Ta'a Chume
    Hethrir
    Waru
    Daala
    Thrackan Sal-Solo

the list goes on

6. Shyviolet

Shyviolet Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2001
    Callista. I *really* dislike this woman. In fact, I would be happy if the editors and authors brought her back for the sole purpose of killing her.

I think she is the only character I really dispise. There are some other minor annoying characters (particularly in the YJK and the JJK. Lusa is the name of the pony character from the YJK, btw), and some characters I love to hate (Borsk), but Callista takes the cake.

I dislike her because she is whiny; she believes she is nothing without the force; she wouldn't die when her time was up and went on to steal Cray's body; and the whole idea that a spirit-a dead person's ghost- and a living, breathing human would fall in love is outrageous.

7. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    1. Three way tie between Borsk Fey'lya, Corran Horn, and Kell Tainer :mad:
    2. Jacen Solo
    3. Another tie between Kyp Durron and Jania Solo
    4. Mara Jade(only about a quarter of the time)
    5. Thrawn(his genius became annoying in some parts)
    6. Luke(only from the bad books where he is a wimp)

8. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Borsk
    Pwoe
    Calista
    Jacen
    Waru
    Thrawn
    C'baoth
    Nom Anor
    Tsavong
    Zekk
    Mara Jade (half of the time)
    and the list goes on.

9. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Ace? How could you dislike anyone whose idea of a good time is blowing up random things?

And with Fey'lya- he wasn't a good guy, but I liked him because he was so cunning. His scheming made for interesting plots.

10. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    Lexu I hate him because he's such a pansy @$$. 'Oh no I couldn't save poor Jesmin from certain death I must be a terrible person who's endangering everyone around me, I'll just mop around for a couple days dwelling on her death and hope the pain goes away.' He signes up for a commando squadron seconding as an X-Wing squadron, but becomes unstoppable in the cockpit probably with same skill as a Rouge Squadron member. And he also starts off hating Wes :mad:

Borsk is just such an ignorant bastard that doomes the whole GFFA and becomes more annoying through each novel even with obvious knowledge of the Vong, and then he is made out to be a martyr.

11. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Borsk, followed closely by Jacen.

12. Gramse

Gramse Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    Jaina.

13. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Ace, the Wraiths are Rogue Squad capable pilots, they just have had some troubles with Authority and things like that

14. DeJade_Vu

DeJade_Vu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002

I cannot stand Callista. Period.

I also cannot stand Gaeriel, Teneniel,
    Akhanah, Shira, or any of those other terrible characters the authors fixed Luke up with "romantically". :mad:

Mara Jade all the way, people!! :D

15. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Callista. she's so boring. By the way, Guinastasia, Kyp was not under the influence of the dark side, but the spirit Exar Kun. He was controlled nearly down to physically. When Exar Kun lost control, he curled up in a little ball and cried about what he had done and been about to do.

16. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Mara Jade all the way...into the septic tank.

17. _JainaSolo-

_JainaSolo- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2002
    Borsk Fey'lya, Warlord Zsinj, Viqi Shesh, Anja Gallandro ,the vong for killing chewie, Ta'a Chume, Callista,Thrawn,

18. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    Here's some more:

Prince Isolder
    Anja Gallandro
    Trioculous
    Vergere
    Qwi Xux
    The Yevetha
    Ta'a Chume
    Roganda Ismaren
    Irek Ismaren
    Ken
    Kadann
    Zorba the Hutt
    Tahiri
    Exar Kun
    Q9-X2

19. Rommie

Rommie Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2002
    Well, that's a pretty long list. Let's see:

1. Borsk
    2. Jacen (I used to like him but the NJO's ruined his character)
    3. Mara Jade
    4. Pretty much everyone from Crystal Star

20. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    One word:

TARC.

21. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    I just wish Han Solo never married then we wouldn't have his stupid kids running around the galaxy. Why is it that every character has to end up getting married ?? what no one lives the single life in SW. Kill off most of the marriages... Han shouldn't be married along with Luke, Mara, and Wedge oh yea and Lando!! why the hell did the have him marry someone..he was the one guy I'd think wouldn't get married. Anyways the characters I hate are the VONG. Just a bunch of people who hate droids and technology and are on some huge acid trip talking to make believe gods. Bring back the Empire or the Sith we don't need the VOoong, plus their the most ugliest characters ever...at least the Empire and Sith had cool uniforms.

22. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    most hated character: kyp durron. i'm still waiting for the day that he dies. at least i don't have to worry anymore about borsk. he was really annoying.

23. stecm

stecm Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2002
    Kyp Durron
    Daala
    Callista
    Jaina Solo

I also hated Anakin, but he's dead... (and better stay that way)

24. Kelly

Kelly Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2001
    Just found this thread. Some interesting names I've seen on this list, along with the expected. I wanted to comment on a couple before I say who I dislike.

JediMaster_Horn: You say Kirtan Loor is now your most hated character. One of the reasons you cite is that he is "stupid beyond belief." He wants you to think that. 8) I used to think so, too, but now I have come to the conclusion that he is much smarter than he appears to be. Corran definitely underestimated him. I haven't posted it yet, but one thing on my "To Write and Post" list is my conspiracy theory about how Kirtan Loor was involved in Hal Horn's assassination. Actually, if you read Corran's bio on starwars.com, they seem to back me up somewhat.

Guinastasia: You compare Kyp's deal to Tycho's. I don't feel like discussing what Kyp SHOULD have received for a punishment, but there was one difference in their situations (besides the innocence/guilt thing). Tycho got the book thrown at him because the military wanted to use him to get at Isard. As we find out at the end of The Krytos Trap, Cracken knew Tych was innocent, but was just using him for his own ends. Not saying I'm thrilled with the situation, but in short, there was a reason for doing it. Kyp, on the other hand, was not being used to get at someone else. They probably felt that, since Kyp had gone Dark Side, and a whole bunch of Jedi stuff was all mixed up in it, that Kyp should be judged by the Jedi (Luke), and that was that. Although I'm sure the military would've loved to get their little hands on Kyp...

Ace: You hate Kell Tainer for taking Jesmin's death hard? I don't hate Kell for that at all. He was having a perfectly normal reaction. Yes, others react to the same situation differently, but this is how Kell reacts to it, which fits in with his background (part of which is always feeling like he has to make up for his father, which means he has to always do better than the average person). He hates Wes. Wouldn't you not be pleasantly disposed to the man who killed your father? I would.

Addressing comments about Kyp and what made him do it: Yes, Exar Kun was influencing him to some extent. Kun was teaching him dark ways and urging him to commit evil acts. Ultimately, though, Kyp chose to commit these acts. When it comes down to it, NOBODY made him do it or forced him to do it. He chose to do it for his own reasons. He had enough hatred and dreams of revenge himself, and all Kun did was play on those and promise him quick and easy power, which Kyp seized upon because he was dissatisfied with Luke's slower approach. Kyp chose to do everything he did, and when he finally had a moment to think (admittedly, this happened when Kun was no longer able to influence him), he realized what he had done and that's when he curled up into a little ball. It is easy to blame Exar Kun or the Dark Side for what Kyp did, but ultimately it was Kyp himself who chose to do these things. Case in point: Gantoris ultimately chose NOT to ally himself with Kun. He died for that choice, but it shows that Kyp could have chosen differently.

Actually, this is kind of long-winded, so I will post who I don't like and my reasons in another post so as not to make this one novel length.

25. Kelly

Kelly Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2001
    First of all, keep in mind I have not read all the EU books. This is based solely on what I have read and that stands out to me right now. Actually, to pick the one character that I absolutely detest is easy. Callista. First of all, I found it absolutely absurd that, instead of already being married to Mara, Luke falls in love with some consciousness that's been living in a computer. In my mind, he more or less fell in love with a computer. Then she gets a second chance at life (through the willing sacrifice of another woman), and then spends all of it whining about how she's not worthy because she can't use the Force. Luke tells her flat out that he doesn't care about that, that he loves her and will take her the way she is, but she can't handle that and instead whines some more and ultimately leaves him. And she can stay gone forever. I don't even want her brought back to be killed. I just want to forget she ever existed.

Other characters I can't stand: Kyp Durron. He started out ok in the first book or so. Then he blew up Carida and did other nasty things. Then he repented and came back to the Light. I could have lived with that, HAD the powers-that-be continued with the progression of Kyp that we saw in the short story Simple Tricks. That is my favorite Kyp appearance to date. Unfortunately, everything that happened in Simple Tricks more or less was unmade or forgotten about in Leviathan, which I sum up as, "I am Kyp Durron! I am Jedi Knight! Look at me! Look at how great I am! Watch me do great things because I'm not the person I used to be!" And this is the Kyp we've more or less seen throughout the majority of the NJO. Yes, he seems to be changing somewhat, but I think it's too little, too late, at least when it comes to me liking him.

Erisi Dlarit: *shudder* "But are you SURE you don't know the name of the planet? I'd like to build a memorial to you if anything happened. Oh, Corran, please sleep with me so I can get all your secrets. I 'love' you so much that I will kill you if you anger me in any way. You and your little girlfriend, too!" Enough said there, I think.

Jaina Solo: She's annoyed me ever since her little comment in Vector Prime about how Han would be "flying practically blind" in the asteroid field because he didn't have access to the Force. I just wanted to slap her silly. That and she seemed to really think she was something for the longest time. Now I can't even look at her objectively to see how much she's changed. I was not happy with how her going Dark Side was handled in Dark Journey, and my annoyance with the character really has me not thrilled with her doing this "goddess" thing. I know she doesn't believe in it but is doing it to screw with the Vong, but I still think of her in VP...I just don't like her.

Jacen Solo: He is getting better, but I like to call him Ulcer Boy because he can't make up his mind to save his life. I don't think I need to explain this one any further; please tell me if I do.

Characters I love to hate: Borsk Fey'lya. Enough said.

I know I have more characters that annoy me, but I'm getting tired and running out of steam. Oh, well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.