main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your best Celebration experience?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Lucky lucky lucky...

-GJ

2. irishnut

irishnut Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    My best Celebration III experience was meeting other Star Wars fans, and for once not feeling like the odd one out in a crowd.

3. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Remember those Attaktix that the Hasbro booth was giving out? They'd use a Sharpie to mark your badge when you got one?

The group I was with would clean the mark off, and hit the booth every hour or so and by the last night of the convention we had something like 80 Attaktix figures between 6 people, and a whole lot of...beverages...that needed to be eliminated. So, after we were done packing we created a...beverage...game and spent the night stumbling over each other with our Grand Armies of the Republic (tm) waging war from one end of our suite to the other with our Attaktix and Nerf commando weapons.

4. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    HAHA! Good times. I got 24 Vader figures by volunteering. I also was lucky enough to get a schedule display from CIII that had the days and times for the big ball room. When Billy Dee, Lucas and othes were doign Q&A's. I love it. I need to get it framed though.

5. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I remember on Sunday costumed people were staging Jedi and Clone War battles in the halls, and people taking pictures. I saw about five Jedis and Five Clone troopers fighting. Great sight!

I also remember seeing that kick a-- Anakin and a young Ben dueling in the hall as people took pics

6. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Dude, I was probably standing right next to you! And no, that wasn't me stinking. =) That was pretty awesome. I think the more I reflect on CIII, one of the coolest things for me was seeing how many young kids were into it. I'm 37 so I've been a fan from the beginning. It's very strange seeing kids 7 and 8 getting their pictures taken with Stormtroopers and what not. My own son likes Star Wars and I've been thinking about taking him to CIV.

-GJ

7. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    GJ, that would be awesome if you took your son to C4. I bet it would be an experience he (and you) would never forget for the rest of his life.

Doesn't get much better than attending a Star Wars convention with your son...

8. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006

Yeah, it all depends on how much he matures by next year. He's a great kid but he's a bit of a whinner.. and I swear if anyone says "I wonder where he gets it" I'm going to track you down and cut the heads off your Yak Face figures. He has the capability of ruining a very good time and I could see it turning into a disaster. He has not patience unless there is a GameBoy in his hands. So, maybe it's a possibility after all.

-GJ

9. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Well, watch out because here comes my 2 cents. I think it would be awesom to have your son there with you. I took my 15 year old cousin and he3 will never forget it. We had an absolute blast. I understand if you don't though. Standing in long lines all day and waiting and waiting can do a number on a 7 or 8 year old. I would say bring him. That is something I can say my old man never did with me. Went to a convention or concert or anything.

10. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Two of my favorites happened in the exhibit hall.

One was when a lady came up and politely said "I know this is going to sound weird, what with their function for the species and all, but can I touch your lekku?" (not the exact quote, but close)

And the other happened when I was sitting down, giving my feet a rest and a little girl came running up behind me, touched me lekku, blushed and quickly ran off. Twas adorable. I love the curiousity of little kids :).

11. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I was reminiscing last night about CIII and one of my favorite moments was definitely volunteering. I worked my butt off in the store for 4 hours trying to get people through the line as quickly as possible. I remember watching people in line, all frustrated and ready to kill someone. They finally got to the register, they put in their order and I called them over and went over it with them. I was always polite and I literally ran from the register to the back and had everything they ordered in like 2 minutes. I ran back, showed them everything, packed it up, apologized for the delay and told them to have a nice day. That was my favorite moment and I'm glad my little cousin talked me into it.

I was pretty upset at how rude Gen Con was. They are butt monkeys that don't know how to be nice. I felt good about myself that I took time out of my day to help out other Star Wars fans. Every person I was kind too, was kind back to me. Every person I smiled at, smmiled back too and every single person I ran for, was very appreciative.

That was one of my best CIII experiences.

12. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    My best Celebration experience will be my next one. My wife and I had so many great times at C3 in Indy, they are just too many to decide which was the best. Not a day goes by that we don't kill ourselves for not being able to attend C1 and C2. The experience that we had at C3 was quite possibly some of the most exciting times we've ever had.

Star Wars is in our blood, and spending time at conventions with fans like all of you guys simply cannot be easily beaten.

I know C4 will be better than C3 was, and that has us giddy as a couple of school kids.

And if LFL ever does have a C5 and C6, well, the experiences will just keep getting better and better.

13. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004

Amen Brother.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.