main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

your best prop deal ??????????????

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by darth_hair, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i was just wondering how most of you guys get your props . i make some and some are just too good to pass up .

i got a han solo blaster at the flea market yesterday . the guy only wanted 25 cents . what a great deal . also my girlfriend got a sewing machine for $5 from the same guy .

2. FERDALUMP

FERDALUMP Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Thrift stores and yard sales all the way Baby! Hey, I'm not too proud :) You never know what might be lurking there. One person's trash is another one's treasure. Even if you don't find something that you can use as is-I have transformed all sorts of things with a coat of paint and some glue. Go in with an open mind and an imagination you never know what you'll find. Hardware stores, my sewing room and garage have always yielded treasure, too! :)

3. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    So far my best prop deal is my "blaster"/water gun. 88 cents for the water gun, $1.75 for two colors acrylic paint, and $3 for a set of paint brushes, which I bought long before I started it so they don't count. So, $2.73 plus tax for a fairly realistic looking "blaster" that still works as a water gun.

4. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I found a few star trekprops for great deal. Phaser and tri-corder for 50 cents at a garage sale, Someone gave me stuff.
    Star wars props, MY Jedi over tunic, a Japaense haori coat for 5 bucks at a thift store.

Mynn

5. Master_Domtis

Master_Domtis Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    well, I haven't had any good deals on props, but my best deal: I found what I call the "miracle fabric" :D
    It's thick, but not too thick, looks like crushed velvet, is as soft as satin or silk, dyes really well and is 99 cents/yard at my local JoAnn!

so far I've used it in my Galadreil dress and the handmaiden's flame dress. I have plans to use it for my Barriss as well.
    :D

6. FERDALUMP

FERDALUMP Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    I found a Don Post Boba Fett helmet at Community Thrift store for $2.95--now what I'm supposed to do with it is something else :)

Miracle fabrics are always a great find--I found some actual raw silk on a clearance table for $1.99 a yard. It was a horrible baby yellow--I dyed it deep brown and TAH-DAH!!! Instant Jedi material :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.