main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Your Bestest Friend (one-shot; L/M/Solo kids/etc.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-2B, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    I loved this story. So cute with the Solo Kid's disgust with the crazy adults. The ending was probably may favorite line. That one really made me laugh. Great story!

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very amusing. The circular logic of the kids was priceless, the last two lines hilarious...

3. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Wow! A new batch of readers. :eek:

Miladry: Thanks! The ending seemed to be a reader favorite. :D

Jaina_Solo_15: Kids sometimes see things clearer than the adults. ;) Thanks!

DarthIshtar: Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed this piece of fluff. :D

4. ForGoodOrForAwesome9

ForGoodOrForAwesome9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2004
    i loved this story! my one complaint... far too short, and with no new posts, what do i have to look foreward to? other than real life of course ;)!!!

maybe you could write a sequel, hmm?

i suppose i'll just have to continue reading journey of discovery instead!

5. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    ForGoodOrForAwesome9: Hi! Glad you liked it.

maybe you could write a sequel, hmm?

I think I'll take a little break from writing after finally finishing Journey of Discovery. And in a way, Zahn's Spector of the Past/Vision of the Future could be considered sequels, since L&M did get stranded on an almost-deserted planet together. ;) My other fics posted here are in my bio, as well as a link to my webpage that includes some other oldies.

Thanks for the response!

6. Jadeling

Jadeling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    I just discovered this forum, what can I say, I'm slow. Anyway, I loved this story! The Solo twins were great, and I laughed/giggled so many times. So if I begged enough, would you write a follow up?

7. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Hi, and welcome to the forum. It's a great place. As to a sequel, see my reply in the post above. Thanks!

8. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Now that... was cute! I loved it!

Yeah, we really do need the word 'bestest' in the dictionary!

9. Leia

Leia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 8, 1998
    Well, I know this was originally posted quite a while ago, but since it's been upped...

Jedi-2B, I read some of your stuff on Club Jade a loooooooong time ago, and I've always wanted to tell you how much I love your fics. I've read Perfect multiple times--it's one of my favorites. :D Ooh, and Journey of Discovery! But now I'm starting to sound like a groupie...:p Thank you for sharing such wonderful stories! [:D]

This story is adorable, too. (Sorry that's so generic, but it's bedtime.:p) I wish you would write more fics, because I always enjoy them. :)

10. RenoaStormhaven

RenoaStormhaven Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2004
    "C-h-e-w-i-e," Jaina spelled out loud as she entered the name.

"You'd better put 'Chewbacca,' to make it all official-like," Han directed, eliciting a loud sigh from Jaina as she hit 'delete' and started over.

"Who should we ask next?" Jacen said, looking expectantly at his sister.

"Well, you could go ask Chewie," Han suggested. "He's workin' on the Falcon. And I wanna know if the furball doesn't answer me."

Lol! Typical Han. This was cute!

11. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    More replies! Wow!

RedGold: Thanks. Glad you liked it. :D

Leia: Thanks for the compliments. That stuff on Club Jade is pretty old. Seems like a lifetime ago that I wrote some of those fics. Glad you're still enjoying them.

I wish you would write more fics, because I always enjoy them.

Someday, maybe, when I get back into the mood.

RenoaStormhaven Yeah, Han always seems easy to write. Lovable sarcasm. :D

12. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    Just finished reading this again and realized I never reviewed.
    Just wanted to tell you that I've read this a billion times and I end up grinning like an idiot every time. It just such a cute little story.
    I'm not even a particularly big L/M fan, but this fic could turn me into a crazed shipper. :)
    Anyway, this is an absolutely adorable fic (and remains that way every time I read it), and I love it.
    -Zetta

13. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Just noticed your reply, Zetta. Thanks! And there's nothing wrong with being a crazed L/M shipper. We're all nice people, really. ;)

And thanks, RK_Striker_JK_5, for your below post, too!

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    That was awesome, Jedi-2B! I'm not a rabidp L/M shipper, but I do love the couple. Jacen and Jaina asking those questions were cute, and Mara realizing how close they were hitting was priceless.

Very, very funny and pretty sweet as well.

15. solarstorm5

solarstorm5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
    LOL!

It's just like Jaina to only care if Luke and Mara got married because of the ship.

Oh and I absolutly loved the closing two paragraphs!

16. ari_stormset

ari_stormset Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    (big, wide grin) Oh, that ending was PRICELESS!

Good job, and I expect to see more writing from you in the future!
    Peace~ Ari.

17. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    =D= =D= Very good! Kids. They can be such a pain in the butt, then you turn around and they go and do something even more destructive!

[face_laugh] Very funny little Solo kids! As much trouble as their father.

18. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    "You have to ask?" Han laughed at the young faces before him. "If it's not your mother, then it's?"

"C-h-e-w-i-e," Jaina spelled out loud as she entered the name.

"You'd better put 'Chewbacca,' to make it all official-like," Han directed, eliciting a loud sigh from Jaina as she hit 'delete' and started over.

I found that extremely adorable for some reason. [face_love]

Now is Luke offering to take Mara to a deserted planet to be stranded with him? Oh, I do hope so. [face_batting] Loved the vig, 2B!

19. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    RK_Striker_JK_5: Pleeease tell me I replied to this somewhere else! If not, my humblest apologies. And many thanks!

solarstorm5: It's just like Jaina to only care if Luke and Mara got married because of the ship.

I thought that sounded like her. And a belated THANKS to you, too!

ari_stormset: Good job, and I expect to see more writing from you in the future!

A little at a time. Many belated thanks!

BrentusofGath: At last, a reply not 4 months old! Whew.

Kids. They can be such a pain in the butt, then you turn around and they go and do something even more destructive!

Right! Though in this case, it could turn out to be a helpful thing. Thanks so much!

JadeSolo: And especially thank you, for doing the reply that upped this at the right time so I'd notice it. :p

Now is Luke offering to take Mara to a deserted planet to be stranded with him? Oh, I do hope so.

I think Mr. Zahn took care of the almost-deserted planet scenario, thank the Force!

20. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I can't believe I missed this?! *forehead/desk*

Thank you so much for providing some laughs! =D=

The innocence of the Solo kids was perfect, but I love how they knew more than the adults did. *coughLukeMaracough*

"I don't know. It's hard to pick. I have several best friends. There's Wedge, and Chewie, and Lando, and some of the other Jedi, and?"

"See," Jaina groused to her brother. "This is why we need the word bestest."

It was so cute how Han wanted to know what Chewie said. Followed by Luke/Mara. I loved this fic so much...*goes back to reread for a 2nd time*

Brilliant!=D=

21. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    The innocence of the Solo kids was perfect, but I love how they knew more than the adults did. *coughLukeMaracough*

Doesn't everyone figure out Luke/Mara before they do? [face_whistling] Thanks, Miranda!

22. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    :eek: [face_love]

Wonderful to see this classic still making its way to new readers every now and then. Still as adorable and funny as when I first read it. :D

23. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Thanks, Bri! :D

And I like the idea of that Gabri fic you have in your sig, too. Talk her into it! :p

24. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    Great story, I loved it!

25. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Thanks, Asyr. Glad you liked it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.