main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your blue screen footage wanted...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Mister-X, Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister-X

Mister-X Jedi Master star 2

Apr 30, 2001
    I've been experimenting with a few techniques which are geared specifically towards creating composites using DV footage. I'd like to see how well these techniques hold up with NTSC DV footage (I have a PAL camera).

So if you have any blue (or green, or any other colour) screen footage that you're willing to share, could you pass it along? Or if you don't want to share your movie footage but you're planning a bluescreen shoot, could you shoot a little extra stuff for me while you're at it?

Ideally, the footage should incorporate some fast motion (not just a talking head) and some fine detail (like long or curly hair, or whatever).

The ideal format would be an AVI file, using a good DV codec or some other lossless codec, but I'm flexible...

2. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Well Mister-X, I have EXACTLY what you have been looking for. I just shot some stuff against green with a long/curly haired person and he had a prop and swung it around. So you will have fine hair detail AND motion blur. We did a medium shot and a extreme close up. I would suggest you try both. I already keyed the footage using your method of squishing the image horizontally to 180x480. Anyway, I have them in DV format, send me a private message and I will get them to you.

3. Mister-X

Mister-X Jedi Master star 2

Apr 30, 2001
    Thanks, Pixel, PM sent.

Anybody else? I'll take PAL clips, too. It all helps...

4. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    Pixel, any chance you could send it to me too? :D

And what camera was it shot on? THe only important information to me there is 1CCD or 3CCD. Knowing you as much as I do, I'm willing to bet that its 3CCD, but it's worth asking... I think. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.